I want to check my VZW voicemail but I have a no answer forward going to my Google Voice #. Is there a way to check my VZW VM without turning off the no answer forward? Thanks in advance.
    10-06-09 08:06 PM
    usually if you press and hold 1 you get ported to your carriers VM
    10-06-09 08:18 PM
    No, on a BlackBerry, pressing & holding "1" dials a preset phone number - in this case, your own number, which then forwards to the preset call busy/nu answer number programmed.

Since wireless carriers don't offer DID numbers for the VM system, like wireline carriers do, you will need to reprogram your forwarding back to its original settings.

I do have to ask why you're using GV in reverse? You can't get it to work properly doing that. GV is designed to where you give out your GV number, then it hunts for you on preprogrammed lines. If you forward to it, you end up with loops, lost calls & callers hearing far too many rings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 09:45 PM
    All verizon phones blackberrys included are set to have voice mail set as number one, otherwise you can

Call your cell phone number from your cell phone
    OR
    #86 (*VM On standard phones)

*Edit Typo
    10-06-09 10:00 PM
    All verizon phones blackberrys included are set to have voice mail set as number one, otherwise you can

Call your cell phone number from your cell phone
    OR
    #86 (*VM On standard phones)

*Edit Typo
    Calling his own number or dialing *86 will just forward him to GV though.

As Twins said, you have to turn of call forwarding, check your VZW vm then turn forwarding back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vatothe0; 10-07-09 at 02:37 PM.
    10-07-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD