YouCast has released a new version and ready for more kicks. If you are new to YouCast. Here is the introduction:

With YouCast for Blackberry, you can exchange media files with your blackberry friends instantly. The push activation application based on Wireless SMS or email. It supports parallel, scheduled, segmented upload and download with CRC checksum with efficient network bandwidth utilization.

Difference from traditional MMS: No size limitation, No physical network limitations, connectionless protocol, multiple files supported, multiple sender and receiver threads, multiple destination types such as phone number,
    working on WIFI and data plan, no PC required, segmented upload and download. It does auto pause and resume based on your network condition.

To install, point your bb browser to YouCast for Blackberry and click Install Now. There is also a Special Edition for Storm! Snap the photo & video, send to your bb friends without worrying about the file size.

Detail product information is at http://www.youcast.net/
    Last edited by jjj1234; 10-06-09 at 03:53 PM. Reason: attached images are missing
    10-06-09 03:49 PM
    I would just like to say that I have used this program and it's pretty nice. I can send videos of any size. I give this program a thumbs up.
    10-07-09 12:13 AM
    I've downloaded it as well. Thanks for the link!
    I'll get some other BB-friends to download tomorrow, as I think both sender and recipient must have the app for it work.

Hopefully they produce a better Icon in the next version. Pretty ugly on my high-res Tour screen�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 03:55 AM
    Agree both of you. One thing I love is that having my friends send videos to my blackberry overnight and I could watch it on the way to work in New York subway. No need have any signal Bold WiFi is made for this kind of apps...
    10-07-09 09:20 AM
    Is it just me, or will YouCast not close?

I held down ESC and it was still in the App Switcher.
    I went in and selected Close from the menu in YouCast, and it was STILL in the App Switcher!

Happening to anyone else?

10-07-09 12:06 PM
    I couldn't get it to work, it would be on after a reboot but couldn't open with it's icon and I couldn't get to my bbm either while it was installed.
    10-07-09 01:37 PM
    I couldn't get it to work, it would be on after a reboot but couldn't open with it's icon and I couldn't get to my bbm either while it was installed.
    I copied the following from youcast web site. Hope it helps.

1) Blackberry OS version. YouCast need 4.2 or up.
    2) Email Setting. Make sure you setup Blackberry email. YouCast is able to instantly receive files via sms or your blackberry email. The email address could be perosnal or corp BES account.
    10-07-09 03:08 PM
    I copied the following from youcast web site. Hope it helps.

1) Blackberry OS version. YouCast need 4.2 or up.
    2) Email Setting. Make sure you setup Blackberry email. YouCast is able to instantly receive files via sms or your blackberry email. The email address could be perosnal or corp BES account.
    It shows up in the open apps list, it just doesn't do anything. Oh well guess that's why it's still a beta program, I'm sure it'll get worked out sooner or later.
    10-07-09 03:31 PM
    My BB circle seems happy to have this new toy to play. But my buddies on iphone are complaining for not being able to receive my videos. Does anyone know that YouCast has any plan for iphone? Thanks,
    10-09-09 09:00 AM
    I contacted YouCast and apparently the program works on the Tour if your running the leaked OS 4.7.1.53. If your on 4.7.1.40 you should install the 4.2 required or up- I have not had any success. anyone else running YouCast on 4.7.1.40?
    10-09-09 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded 1.0.7. It works great on my bold!
    10-14-09 08:29 PM
    It seems that there was a problem with the program not opening if there is another program installed that watches for incoming sms. They have have posted an update for this 1.0.7. Please download the new version to see if this helps. Also the answer about the email not being setup also is true. If you have email setup on the phone you can try resending service books to see if this helps.
    10-14-09 10:21 PM
    I deleted this app for a couple of reasons.

The main reason I had been interested in the 1st place was sharing full-res (480x360 for Tour) pics/wallpapers.
    Within a couple days of me downloading this, the official BBM 5.0 came out, allowing for the larger photo transfers.

I use App Switcher a lot, and I really didn't like that YouCast was always. You might think that's a silly reason, but all that matters is mattered to me!
    It was probably emphasized all the more because of how ugly the icon is!

Anyway, if you want to exchange video files, this is probably a great tool for you.

10-15-09 12:42 AM
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded and it works wonderful! Yes, It would be nice to have a pretty icon. I am sure that it will have one sooner or later...
    10-16-09 08:59 AM
    My BB circle seems happy to have this new toy to play. But my buddies on iphone are complaining for not being able to receive my videos. Does anyone know that YouCast has any plan for iphone? Thanks,
    From what I was told they are planning on making an iphone version. It sounds like they are making an android version and a web portal version first. Web portal meaning from a desktop.
    10-16-09 09:09 AM
    From what I was told they are planning on making an iphone version. It sounds like they are making an android version and a web portal version first. Web portal meaning from a desktop.
    Thanks! Looking forward to ...
    10-19-09 10:55 AM
    Great app. hooray for the developer!
    10-21-09 08:33 AM
    I hear that YouCast for Nokia will come soon. Does anyone know the possible date? Thanks,
    10-26-09 04:16 PM
    It's so cool on my new storm 2 WiFi. I love this app.
    10-29-09 11:26 PM
    I hear that YouCast for Nokia will come soon. Does anyone know the possible date? Thanks,
    I just heard that YouCast for Nokia edition would work on some LG devices and Motorola devices too. Go Go Youcast developers!!
    11-05-09 09:56 AM
    I just heard that YouCast for Nokia edition would work on some LG devices and Motorola devices too. Go Go Youcast developers!!
    Thanks for the info. Today Motorola Android is available for shopping. I would love to see YouCast on Android!
    11-06-09 07:26 PM
    YouCast for J2ME is looking for testers. The news is announced at http://WWW.YouCast.NET

YouCast for J2ME runs on many devices from different vendors, such as Nokia, Samsung, SonyErrisson, LG and Motorola. The requirement is J2ME, data plan and SMS. If you have friends waiting for this version, contact [email protected]
    11-17-09 01:14 PM
    i am having problems with my YOUCAST application. i have installed it to my BOLD and registered my phone # and email address, but now when some one sends me a file from their YOUCAST app i get an SMS and when i open it, i get a msg saying that i need to download the YOUCAST app but i already installed it to my BOLD. Then i go and check my incoming files and nothing shows up there. what is wrong here... someone please help me!!!!!
    12-01-09 02:27 PM
    i am having problems with my YOUCAST application. i have installed it to my BOLD and registered my phone # and email address, but now when some one sends me a file from their YOUCAST app i get an SMS and when i open it, i get a msg saying that i need to download the YOUCAST app but i already installed it to my BOLD. Then i go and check my incoming files and nothing shows up there. what is wrong here... someone please help me!!!!!
    1) When you register your device, input the 1+your number if you are in u.s.(total 11 digits)

2) Also change the saving location for your receiving file since bold will prevent you to save at default location (you will get a red circle with a exclamation symbol which indicates the transmission failure and you will not be able to resume it since no place to save). To change the save path, go to YouCast | Setting | Path , change to HOME and create a folder since no SD card available.

Good lucky!
    Last edited by showard2222; 01-05-10 at 03:00 PM.
    12-02-09 09:43 PM
    I am having problems sending my husband a video so i downloaded the You Cast app. However he has a HCT Droid, will it work? does he have to download the youcast app to his phone?
    01-05-10 12:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD