How did you do it sprint just gave me a big **** off when I asked.

Please I know there are other treads saying that it cannot be done but anyone that is on this site and has managed this plz I beg you enlighten me
    10-05-09 09:14 PM
    Gratuitous bump, so far I don't recall seeing anyone that has a Storm on Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 09:34 PM
    It can't be done. Sprint doesn't allow non-sprint esns on its network.

Ull have to go to metroPCS and flash your bB to their network

10-05-09 09:41 PM
    I can't be done. Sprint will not allow it and no sweet talking, yelling, or complaining to CS will get them to do it.

10-05-09 09:52 PM
    Well I keep reading about people having it on sprint

SO BUMP

and even if its not completely legal PM ME
    Last edited by crash187; 10-06-09 at 12:52 AM.
    10-06-09 12:46 AM
    crash, unfortunately this is not going to happen. sprint WILL NOT allow non sprint esn's on their network, period. another simple reason I prefer GSM carriers
    10-06-09 12:50 AM
    damn then where should i get the unlock code to sell the storm and get a htc touch pro 2
    10-06-09 12:53 AM
    I've also read where people were using non Sprint phones on Sprint's network. THe bottom line is you'll have to find somebody high enough to enter the phone's ESN into Sprint's network. I've also read where people get their phone ESN switched so it reads as another phone (i.e. Storm would come up in the system as a Curve). This was just through casual reading over forums online, sorry I don't recall the source.
    10-06-09 12:27 PM
    ESN swapping is an illegal activity. it can be done with a LOT of technical skills, but the risk isnt worth it
    10-06-09 12:50 PM
    10-06-09 12:51 PM
    From what i have Heard with sprints world phones they are receiving a Sprint Sim card and are using that sim card in unlocked versions of the Storm on the Sprint Network
    10-06-09 01:33 PM
    Have not heard any real story yet.
    10-06-09 02:09 PM
    The sim card is only for international use.

Sprint will not allow any foreign ESNs on its network. Period. Now close this thread mods

10-06-09 04:29 PM
    I've also read where people were using non Sprint phones on Sprint's network. THe bottom line is you'll have to find somebody high enough to enter the phone's ESN into Sprint's network. I've also read where people get their phone ESN switched so it reads as another phone (i.e. Storm would come up in the system as a Curve). This was just through casual reading over forums online, sorry I don't recall the source.

ESN Swapping was an option at first but being that i wouldn't want to be banned from sprint and/or charged I don't think I will be doing that.

Umm what department would be high enough and where could I call/email
    10-06-09 05:26 PM
    From what i have Heard with sprints world phones they are receiving a Sprint Sim card and are using that sim card in unlocked versions of the Storm on the Sprint Network

Impossible sprint has contracts with out of the us companys that allow their world phones to be used if there is no cdma company around but sprint them self do not have any towers in the US to run these GSM sim cards
    10-06-09 05:30 PM
    I wanted to do this too but haven't found a way to or know anyone who has done it.
    10-06-09 06:45 PM
    It's not possible! Even if Sprint did accept non Sprint ESNs Verizon would never release it. Furthermore, the data part would be nea[/qur impossible to make work on Sprint since it is designed for Verizon's. Please, listen to what has been said repeatedly and give it up! It's just not possible.
    Okay two things My storm 9530 is a quadcomm 3g CMDA phone which is the same as my curve so the networks are interchangeable
    Second The storm is already off of Verizon and it is cmda unlocked

All that would be need is the esn register on sprint the sprint prl and service books loaded to sprint this wasn't a tread on how to do it, it was on how people that have gotten their storm esn's added to sprint what and who they asked to add the esn if you search on this site their are 4+ treads on people claiming they have storm on sprint
    10-06-09 08:12 PM
    Yes, it's true : on the paper, as an official policiy Sprint will not allow foreign ESNs, in this case a Verizon ESN to work in Sprint's network. 99,99% of the people who tried were denied by Sprint with a big f**k you. But, there are always exceptions, from my knowledge 2 types :

1. People that have convinced Sprint to accept Storm's ESN and PIN and they had full BIS service on their Storms for a while. That's the problem, for a very little while. Because RIM found out (BIS works via RIM's server) and sent Sprint a letter of cease and dessist, sueing threats were made due to the exclusivity contract for the Storm between RIM and Verizon. And Sprint contacted the happy Sprint Storm users and gave them a couple of days to activate another phone. I heard of this from various persons, never actually saw a Storm working on Sprint with full BIS, therefor I can not confirm this first category 100%.

2.People that have convinced Sprint to accept Storm's ESN in their network, but Sprint denied accepting the PIN. Therefore no BIS, only voice and sms. Sprint offer the choice to put the phone on any plan, including "dumb" phone plan, with internet or not, but they will not provide BIS or any technical support for the phone, only for the plan. Now, this category I can confirm because I actually hold a Storm working on Sprint with voice and sms in my hand right now. A friend of mine managed to convince Sprint to add the ESN, please do not ask me for details about this, I have no ideea how he did it. NO BIS OR INTERNET OF ANY KIND !!! We tried various option, to "trick" the phone to work as a "dumb" phone, to work with regular, non-BIS internet, just like a samsung or a sanyo, following the previous succesfull experiments with Storms on Metro PCS, Alltell, ATT non BIS, T-Mobile non-BIS, but we failed. Nothing worked. He gave up and went back to his old Tour.

Hope this info clears out your questions. Everything is posible, remember that this country had for 8 years a president who couldn't spell his name, wich in theory could never happen. Peace
    Last edited by ciprianmuresan; 10-06-09 at 10:22 PM.
    10-06-09 10:17 PM
    Although I hardly say I would like something in the US to be like Europe, cell phones is one place I think we need a change (are you listening Obama??). In Europe, people buy the phones (no subsidy BS) and are free to get service from whoever, whenever. Even if Verizon has exclusivity with the Storm, you technically own the phone either by buying it outright or by ending your contract and paying ETF.

Now what pisses me off is the way we let the providers monkey us around and make us buy their phones every time we want to change service. They would be more inclined to have better customer service and cell service if we all owned our own phones and could move them in an instant to another provider. So you should be able to have the Storm on Sprint or whoever.

</rant>
    10-07-09 09:24 AM
    a storm can be used on AT&T and T-Mobile, but for cdma carriers, the only option is metroPCS

ciprianmuresan pretty much summed it up
    10-07-09 10:22 AM
    a storm can be used on AT&T and T-Mobile, but for cdma carriers, the only option is metroPCS

ciprianmuresan pretty much summed it up
    Attel,USCC, and cricket allow them to i belive

10-07-09 10:46 AM
    Impossible sprint has contracts with out of the us companys that allow their world phones to be used if there is no cdma company around but sprint them self do not have any towers in the US to run these GSM sim cards

All Sprint International / World Phones comes with a Sprint International Sim Card
    10-07-09 11:07 AM
    Yes, it's true : on the paper, as an official policiy Sprint will not allow foreign ESNs, in this case a Verizon ESN to work in Sprint's network. 99,99% of the people who tried were denied by Sprint with a big f**k you. But, there are always exceptions, from my knowledge 2 types :

1. People that have convinced Sprint to accept Storm's ESN and PIN and they had full BIS service on their Storms for a while. That's the problem, for a very little while. Because RIM found out (BIS works via RIM's server) and sent Sprint a letter of cease and dessist, sueing threats were made due to the exclusivity contract for the Storm between RIM and Verizon. And Sprint contacted the happy Sprint Storm users and gave them a couple of days to activate another phone. I heard of this from various persons, never actually saw a Storm working on Sprint with full BIS, therefor I can not confirm this first category 100%.

2.People that have convinced Sprint to accept Storm's ESN in their network, but Sprint denied accepting the PIN. Therefore no BIS, only voice and sms. Sprint offer the choice to put the phone on any plan, including "dumb" phone plan, with internet or not, but they will not provide BIS or any technical support for the phone, only for the plan. Now, this category I can confirm because I actually hold a Storm working on Sprint with voice and sms in my hand right now. A friend of mine managed to convince Sprint to add the ESN, please do not ask me for details about this, I have no ideea how he did it. NO BIS OR INTERNET OF ANY KIND !!! We tried various option, to "trick" the phone to work as a "dumb" phone, to work with regular, non-BIS internet, just like a samsung or a sanyo, following the previous succesfull experiments with Storms on Metro PCS, Alltell, ATT non BIS, T-Mobile non-BIS, but we failed. Nothing worked. He gave up and went back to his old Tour.

Hope this info clears out your questions. Everything is posible, remember that this country had for 8 years a president who couldn't spell his name, wich in theory could never happen. Peace
    Wow thanks for this info, i knew of people on Verizon purchasing the Touch Pro 1 from sprint and using it on Verizon due to the Verizon Touch Pro 1 being scaled down. But i never knew of anyone with the Storm running on Sprint thanks for the info and confirmation.
    10-07-09 07:02 PM
    All Sprint International / World Phones comes with a Sprint International Sim Card

That ONLY work out of the country NOT in the US its not possible to use a storm on sprint that way it has to be though the cdma network
    10-08-09 10:06 AM
    10-08-09 10:07 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD