I have a Storm and was amazed my the quality of video output on this phone, however like many of you have been seriously disappointed with the quality of the video from youtube on it.

I found this today. Its a bit of work, but for videos that you may want to keep or watch in higher quality it is worth it. I can't take credit for it, but wanted to share it with the users on crackberry.com. I have tested this on my Storm so I know it works with it.

Navigate to the to the YouTube page of the video you want to watch, using the BB browser.

Hit Menu, Page Address, and copy the page address to the clipboard.

Menu again, 'Go To...'

Paste the youtube address, but change the m.youtube.com part of the URL to youtubekeep.com (make sure you remove the m.).

Youtubekeep.com is a site that allows you to download YouTube videos in several formats.

You'll get a page that offers you a few buttons to click to choose whether to download it in standard FLV, mobile 3gp, or mp4. Choose mp4 and a download link will be generated to the right. Click that, and you'll then get the option to either open or save the file. The quality is awesome!
    10-05-09 08:14 PM
    Guess this doesn't work for the Curve. clicking the buttons does nothing.
    10-05-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD