Hey Guys,

Question - I just, after over a month waiting and ALOT of complaining, phone calls and stress, received my swap Storm a couple weeks ago. As luck would have it, I received another defective unit - flickering screen and no GPS.

I placed another swap order last wednesday - my question is - has the backlog been resolved? Might i see it sooner than a month from now?

Thanks!
    Jason
    10-05-09 04:21 PM
    If you are having issues with no gps with Google Maps, a swap unit won't help. None of them will work with 4.7, you will need to upgrade to 5.0.0.191 or higher for the gps to function properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 06:05 PM
    Hi There,

I am aware of Google Maps not working with the Storm's GPS hardware - this isn't the issue however. Blackberry Maps nor my Garmin GPS software work either - and everything is turned on and permissions are set correctly. The flicker in the screen though is probably even more irritating.

So that is why I asked the question as to whether or not the backorder/backlog is cleared for Storms - curious if I'm going to wait over a month again for a replacement...

Thanks!
    Jason
    10-06-09 06:05 AM
    I just picked up a warranty replacement. Took about 2 weeks to get to me, but seems to be a brand new unit. .122 installed.

I'm satisfied.
    10-06-09 06:33 PM
    On my second storm,i had to wait for my replacement 3 weeks ...but honestly after having so many problems with my storm,bat,os,screen etc and after hearing the news that telus will carry the iphone 3g n 3gs in nov im cosidering switching to the iphone 3gs... i still got love for rim n blackberry's but not for the storm or the upcoming storm 2 ...waste of money...
    10-06-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD