Sorry for a semi-duplicate post, but for all you frothing to get a Curve on Verizon, I didn't want this information buried and lost in the "is the Curve ever coming to Verizon" thread...

They're available now *

The folks on HoFo are reporting that it may take several calls through 611, but if you get a friendly CS rep and ask them to look up the sku (bb8330c), it's in stock and available.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread

* may not be available in all areas... may take several calls.... one guy had luck going into a store and getting a rep to order for him... package sold by weight, not by volume.... objects in mirror are closer than they appear.... etc.

Good luck!
    05-01-08 01:27 PM
    People are having better luck in the midwest/southern call centers. If you call the 800 number ( 800 922-0204), you'll have a better chance, rather than 611. You may even need to tell them you're a "new customer" rather than give your phone number so you don't get shipped off to a call center in an area that doesn't say they have them.

@JRSCCivic98 - glad you got the reference. Understanding allows people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.

lol
    05-01-08 01:48 PM
    I'm on the fence on this; just got the Pearl like it cause its small and fits nice in my BARE pocket.

But all the hype about the Curve has me excited?!?!?!?!

What to do, what to do..........
    05-01-08 01:49 PM
    I just went from Pearl to Curve - great move,
    I did love the Pearl, but the Curve is really not that much bigger, better camera, and full qwerty.

And I just had to find an avatar for Mr. Frohman:

05-01-08 01:54 PM
    I got through and ordered on the 1st try by calling customer care at 800-922-0204. Gonna have it by 10:30 AM tomorrow by FedEx Priority Overnight.

Others are not getting luck after calling multiple times, but I got through on the 1st try.

I live in New York.
    05-01-08 02:08 PM
    In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?...
    Great Depression?

BTW, some Mod is not letting us play... boo on the forum cops.
    I'm deleting the off topic posts in the thread about the Verizon 8330. Please stay on topic with the thread.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-01-08 at 02:34 PM.
    05-01-08 02:08 PM
    This is my very first post on crackberry. I wanted / needed a BB for business and stumbled upon Crackberry.com about a month ago. I'm w/ VZW and was anxiously awaiting the curve. Everyone on the forum has done an awesome job keeping me up to date. I just ordered my curve from the 1-800 CS #. Absolutely no problem. FedEx tomorrow. Thanks to everyone fot their detailed info. Abe Frohmam, you're The Man.
    05-01-08 02:54 PM
    Picture me, tipping my fedora.

Thanks, but I just reposted stuff I saw on HoFo to let everyone here know. The true heroes are yester18, 0mie, LiquidPlatinum and VZShane over there.

Glad you got your Curve. Enjoy.
    05-01-08 02:57 PM
    All you peeps that are getting theirs tomorrow, how about posting back and let us know if you can stream YouTube and web radio.
    05-01-08 02:58 PM
    BTW, I had a very difficult time getting any discounts since i ordered it before the "official" release date of 5/9. Even w/ 2 yr agreement I'm being charged about $350 for new curve. I'v ebeen w/ VZW for like 3 years w/ the same POS phone from way back then. It's cool w/ me since i have an expense acct at work and I'm not the one paying for the curve, but it kinda pisses me off that VZW is playing games. If you order the curve next week you get $100 off price for some kinda promo deal. If you order today you're screwed outta the $100 discount. I could probably argue w/ CS rep for better deal. I'll just wait to get phone, wait til after 5/12 and waltz into local store and raise **** in person. or not, depending on whether or not my employer ponies up.
    05-01-08 03:10 PM
    Glad to hear all your good news fellas and your welcome
    05-01-08 03:23 PM
    wowwww

congrats to those who ordered it. I need to get it as cheap as possibl since im not signing a new contract

so im not ordering this second. Ill also wait for some user feedback on the unit
    05-01-08 04:14 PM
    tried 4 damn times each person said it wasnt out yet but sometime this month ahh
    05-01-08 04:20 PM
    tried 4 damn times each person said it wasnt out yet but sometime this month ahh
    i read that you are supposed to ask them to check for the sku of "bb8330c" in their system to make it pop up!
    05-01-08 04:28 PM
    Keep trying - I was on and off the call w/ VVZ CS in under 5 minutes. The rep I talked to was at first saying, "Blackberry curve??? what's that?". He was totally clueless, then I said "8330" and from then on it was very easy. He just typed away, then put me in some sort of automated message thingy where you have to agree to pay to an extension of contract, pay ridiculous amounts of money if you cancel, sell your soul to Satan, attend a 12-step carckberry addict program, and the usual stuff. Then you press 9 to agree. and VOILA!! curve in the mail. call 1800-922-0204 option 4 then option 4 again. simple as pie. BTW - why is there no consistency when speaking w/ VVZ reps - I mean, I doubt joshforde is being vague and ambiguous when ordering a curve, and i don't know some sort of secret handshake. Why, oh why can't we just get our darn blackberries.
    05-01-08 04:33 PM
    Keep trying - I was on and off the call w/ VVZ CS in under 5 minutes. The rep I talked to was at first saying, "Blackberry curve??? what's that?". He was totally clueless, then I said "8330" and from then on it was very easy. He just typed away, then put me in some sort of automated message thingy where you have to agree to pay to an extension of contract, pay ridiculous amounts of money if you cancel, sell your soul to Satan, attend a 12-step carckberry addict program, and the usual stuff. Then you press 9 to agree. and VOILA!! curve in the mail. call 1800-922-0204 option 4 then option 4 again. simple as pie. BTW - why is there no consistency when speaking w/ VVZ reps - I mean, I doubt joshforde is being vague and ambiguous when ordering a curve, and i don't know some sort of secret handshake. Why, oh why can't we just get our darn blackberries.
    o ok thanks im gonna try exactly that a lil later on i hope it works
    and if it does ThankYOU
    05-01-08 04:38 PM
    Well I am happy for you VZ user but I am still pissed at Sprint. I mean really what is the deal.!!!!
    05-01-08 04:41 PM
    Called Verizon today and got the "I dont know what the curve is" response and with a little coaxing and encouragement have the curve in the mail. Thanks for the helpful posts.
    05-01-08 04:54 PM
    Well I am happy for you VZ user but I am still pissed at Sprint. I mean really what is the deal.!!!!
    Dont be afraid to just bite the bullet and switch carriers. To quote master Yoda: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.� If you want to continue suffering at the hands of Sprint, then do so. I am a recovering Sprint user. it's been 3 years and I still get night sweats and irrational rantings. What I mean by "bite the bullet" is just spend a crap load of money, terminate your plan, sign up verizon, order your curve today, and enjoy. long after the sweet taste of saved money is gone the lingering bitterness of a sour deal remains.
    05-01-08 04:58 PM
    I tried to get one, I called 3 different times and there was not one rep who could sell me one because they were not for sale until the end of this month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 05:07 PM
    I too am quite interested to know if you can stream YouTube and web radio on the new Verizon Curve.
    05-01-08 05:48 PM
    I too am quite interested to know if you can stream YouTube and web radio on the new Verizon Curve.
    Yes you should be able to
    05-01-08 05:51 PM
    I tried to get one, I called 3 different times and there was not one rep who could sell me one because they were not for sale until the end of this month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Huh, do they knwo they are out the 9th of May... anyways....

I am really upset here is why.

Well no package for me, and just found out from Telesales rep....... They never ordered it

I didn't even think on getting order number and tracking info. I called and *****ed but it did no good.

Who knows what to do now.... I hate when people lie to me.... especially when they take all my credit info and nothing, no pending orders so it;s not like it will show up the 9th or after.......

I called three times and pretty much same story, who device? it's not out yet, yada yada yada.....

Man I need a drink, all this info I provided and secured and I get the low ball. WTF?

Grrrrrrr

Thanks for letting me vent.....
    05-01-08 05:53 PM
    Yeah - saw you got shut out. Bummer. Did the order at least go through, even if you're not one of the lucky have-it-in-hand-tomorrow guys?
    05-01-08 05:56 PM
    Just got off the phone w/ Verizon Rep. Had her enter the sku and everything but she still couldn't place the order until May 9th.

Pricing: $319.99 - $100(new every 2) -$100 for $29 data plan = $119.99. I'm on the confirmed May 9th callback list to confirm my order.
    05-01-08 06:00 PM
412 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD