I'm running .230 and the auto dim seems to not shut off... I don't know if anyone else has noticed... But us there a way to fix it? Its driving me nuts... And yes it IS off in the options menu...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 09:32 PM
    known bug, it never has bugged me that much though
    10-04-09 09:34 PM
    Yup its been talked about a lot. No way to fix it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 09:35 PM
    No one has a solution for this yet, my suggestion is to get used to it ... as I do
    10-04-09 09:49 PM
    Its really doesnt seem like a bug at all. If your in a dark room the screen will dim when in landscape mode so it doesnt blind you. Kind of makes sense to me.
    10-04-09 10:02 PM
    Its really doesnt seem like a bug at all. If your in a dark room the screen will dim when in landscape mode so it doesnt blind you. Kind of makes sense to me.
    But why only in landscape mode if that is true ?
    10-04-09 10:04 PM
    I think it may be true... I was having it happen all night last night, and then today in a bright room, it didn't happen...
    10-04-09 10:32 PM
    I think it may be true... I was having it happen all night last night, and then today in a bright room, it didn't happen...
    what do you mean? When Im in a bright room my screen it bright and when Im in a dark room my screen dims. It only does this when in landscape and not portrait but its done this since day one on any OS
    10-04-09 11:41 PM
    But why only in landscape mode if that is true ?
    I really dont know but its been like this for me since day one. You would think RIM would build this in as a feature you could turn on and off.
    10-04-09 11:43 PM
    what do you mean? When Im in a bright room my screen it bright and when Im in a dark room my screen dims. It only does this when in landscape and not portrait but its done this since day one on any OS
    thats what I mean...does the same thing.
    10-04-09 11:50 PM
    Has anyone had their phone lock up after it auto dims and turns the screen off? I've had it do it twice since installing this morning. It would dim, screen go off, but the screen was still on, black, but a glow to it, so not completely off like it should be when it auto dims. I had to battery pull both times it happened, nothing else would rectify it.

I also had to battery pull with the latest version of facebook freezing when I was trying to get back to the home screen. So 3 freezes since installing today... if it keeps this up I won't stay on 5.0 very long. I love the new features, but it needs to not freeze so much. Never had this problem on .151
    10-05-09 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD