View Poll Results: Which weather app do you use on your tour?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • BerryWeather (Paid)

57 50.00%
  • WeatherBug (Free)

20 17.54%
  • WeatherBug Elite (Paid)

11 9.65%
  • WeatherEye (Free)

16 14.04%
  • Something Else (Free) (Please post...)

8 7.02%
  • Something Else (Paid) (Please post...)

2 1.75%
    Just curious... I was in the "won't pay for a weather app" camp but I've sucked it up and I'm pretty happy with Weatherbug Elite. Weatherbug Free is pretty darn good too. Really dislike WeatherEye... hard to use and exit. Haven't used BerryWeather, chief competitor.
    Last edited by mallinj; 10-04-09 at 09:26 PM.
    10-04-09 07:07 PM
    you are missing BBweather which is free and has GPS. Works just as well if not better than most you have listed just doesnt have radar maps.
    10-04-09 07:20 PM
    you are missing BBweather which is free and has GPS. Works just as well if not better than most you have listed just doesnt have radar maps.
    I think this would fall under something else (paid) or (free), please post

I use Berryweather and really like interface.
    10-04-09 07:22 PM
    Accuweather from the free crackberry download links.
    10-04-09 07:22 PM
    BeWeather, Paid
    10-04-09 07:25 PM
    BerryWeather for me
    10-04-09 07:25 PM
    I use weather bug elite and love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 07:35 PM
    BerryWeather and WeatherBug Elite, when it comes to the weather, I value two opinions!

It's a toss-up between the two; like I said, I roll with both.
    10-04-09 08:01 PM
    Got Berry Weather when it was on sale and I love it..Has radar and so many options to choose from...This is one of my favorite apps
    10-04-09 08:03 PM
    Berryweather is the best weather app hands down. Use weatherbug free version until the next time BW is on sale in the app store.
    10-04-09 08:16 PM
    Weather Bug is really nice

10-04-09 08:25 PM
    Im happy with weathereye.

10-04-09 08:28 PM
    I love Berryweather
    10-04-09 08:55 PM
    I use WeatherBug (free) and does great for me. I tried BerryWeather and really like the interface and temperature display in the icon. But, it still couldn't beat "free". Maybe next time there's a sale on BerryWeather (there was one a while back that was like 50% off), I may buy it. So, throwing cost out of the window, I would lean slightly to BerryWeather, but with cost, I definitely prefer the free version of WeatherBug.
    10-04-09 09:05 PM
    Weather eye for me-updates in the background, nice looking weather icons on your homescreen, and when you roll over the icon it displays the temp and conditions. Dosent have all that many details in the short term and long term forecast, but works fine for me and has a nice gui. Free is nice, ftw!

10-04-09 10:17 PM
    BBWeather with GPS works for me. Will auto-adjust based off your current location (GPS).. Best part FREE!
    10-04-09 11:00 PM
    BeWeather-Paid
    works perfect for me and has temp icon on the home screen.

Bill.
    10-04-09 11:33 PM
    BBweather gets it done for me.
    10-04-09 11:38 PM
    Berryweather paid
    accuweather free
    10-05-09 02:46 AM
    I shelled out the $ for Berryweather mostly because of the ability to customize radar maps relative to my GPS location. I know of no other app that will allow you to use a Weather Underground or Accuweather map centered on your current location while also letting you set the size and the radius (zoom).

10-05-09 05:18 AM
    I shelled out the $ for Berryweather mostly because of the ability to customize radar maps relative to my GPS location. I know of no other app that will allow you to use a Weather Underground or Accuweather map centered on your current location while also letting you set the size and the radius (zoom).

WeatherBug (free) will center on your location too. And you can zoom in/out.
    10-05-09 07:54 AM
    I don't know how to make berryweather update using gps. I'm missing something.

10-05-09 09:29 AM
    I tried most of the list, but I took advantage of the Berryweather DOD sale and never looked back. I love the icon and how you can customize the colors of it to match your given theme. The info is detailed that you get and you have radar maps. You can view by hourly, daily, weekly, etc. You can get detailed info like wind speed, humidity, pressure, sky condition, when it was observed, dew point, and how weather feels. It's worth the paid admission, imho.

For the free programs, I tried WeatherEye, but got tired of the data server not being available half the time. Accuweather was OK, but to get more info, you had to go the website. I liked the Wunderground bb launcher, which opens weather underground's web site, because they tell you the exact location where the reaing is from, so you can more accurately evaluate your area. They also have detailed weather reports with radars and all that. Accuweather & Wunderground are web site launchers, but Wunderground doesn't display weather on the icon.

I haven't tried BB Weather, since I got it around the same time that the Berryweather DOD special came out. I have read in the forums that Weatherbug is a big memory hog, but don't know from experience since I never tried it.
    10-05-09 09:59 AM
    I like berryweather... It updates nicely in the background and it shows the tempature on the icon... That's why I like it best....

10-05-09 10:36 AM
    Does BerryWeather have a notification icon in the banner with current temp?
    10-05-09 11:06 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD