A word of warning for anyone thinking of jumping ship.I've had bbs for 5 years or so and got the javelin as soon as it came out.I loved my little curve but about 5 months ago and for some strange reason i thought i was missing out and swapped my javelin for a Storm.All was great to begin with,i could mess around with the touch screen,load hybrid os's, flick scroll through my emails,load storm apps and watch movies BIG.However i had a kinda sad,missing feeling ,plus i was getting fed up with wiping the screen every time i touched it ,the phone going into crazy lock ups and hitting the wrong key all the time.So just before the weekend my upgrade was due,Saturday morning ,kids in toe,i went down to my nearest network store,"how can i help you",said the shop assistant,"I'd like my upgrade please",,"do you have a handset in mind",he said,"yes,can i have the 8900".Now this is the first time I've ever returned to a hand set I've had before ,but i have to say i was smiling all the way home.After a quick "switch device"and a rearrangement of the icons it was like having a loyal long friend back.I hadn't realized how much I'd missed the trackball and I'm just deciding what apps to load and what os to go with.Anyways i thought i would share my little tale and incase anyone was thinking of it,dont, i think you'll be sorry.
    10-04-09 01:46 PM
    Same here. I've went from iphone back to 8900 then to g1 then back to 8900. The physical keypad is way better and the g1's flushed keypad kinda sucks. Even though g1 is made specifically for gmail, its push is way slower than the bb. I found that to be quite strange

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 03:35 PM
    8900 is great. I love this phone. I was a loyal Nokia user for 10 years until I switched to BB due to work related. I started with 8830 but switched to 8900. Its been treating me very well. After going through two relationships, I still have my BB 8900 and loving it!!! It is where you feel at home
    Last edited by KeiFeR123; 10-04-09 at 06:46 PM.
    10-04-09 06:39 PM
    I sold mine and went to a Bold and then I bought back a new 8900. So I agree. 8900 Yip Yip Yipeeeeeee!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 07:12 PM
    Glad to see others feel the same.The 8900 is in my opinion the best allround bb.Strange how attached you can become to a little electronic device
    10-05-09 07:13 AM
    I have to concur with the rest. I tried the myTouch3G for a weekend. I was loving the crap out of the phone until I noticed I was getting my emails the way I use to...well suffice enough to say I went back to Baybe aka my 8900. She got the name because my mom said I carried her around like a baby...so she christened Baybe!

I have issues...I know...
    10-05-09 08:21 AM
    Ditto here. Went from an 8300 to an iphone then recently to an 8900. Anyone want to buy an iphone?
    10-05-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD