I'm really on the fence about getting a new BB and upgrading from my 8330 Curve. What will the Tour give me that the Curve doesn't? Also what's the deal with track ball issues?
    10-04-09 08:49 AM
    Sell you on the tour? You mean like a sales rep would when he's trying to get a commission? Its really not my position to try to get you to buy the tour.

What I can tell you is that it would probably be most helpful to get a spec sheet of the tour, and then get a spec sheet of the curve, place them next to each other and go down the list. Circle the greater of the compared features. At the end, tally up which spec sheet has the most circles.

There were some trackball issues in early builds of the Tour. Those issues have been addressed by the manufacturer and are well know by each carrier that offers the tour. In other words, you don't have to worry about messed up trackballs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 09:01 AM
    The Tour has way better camera, I double the app memory, better screen resolution, sleak design...

Newer Tours don't have the trackball problems anymore
    10-04-09 09:03 AM
    One thing to consider is the keyboard. The tour's is quite different from the curve's, so see which one suits you best.

I found the tour's much more to my liking. I can type much faster and more accurately than I ever could on my curve. That probably more than anything else influenced my decision to upgrade. I've been fortunate that I've had none of the hardware issues others have had.

If you like the tour's keyboard, I say go for it.
    10-04-09 09:30 AM
    I personally love my Tour. Better all around. I had a Curve 8330. The Tour is much faster, better screen resolution, great keyboard and so on. This phone has it all. Like the previous poster said, the trackball issues have now been resolved. Although I did not have any problem with my phone and I got mine when the Tour first came out. The Tour is just a much more substantial phone all around. Get it, you won't be disappointed, IMO.
    10-04-09 09:33 AM
    I agree with law 2138 do the research on it.
    I will say this though, i'm in sales and the tour sales itself
    10-04-09 09:36 AM
    My tour is less than a month old. I've replaced it once because of the sticking trackball. The camera works well (at times) at other times you attempt to take pictures and it doesn't work. Yesterday the Led light stopped working! I don't want a curve but my SECOND tour sucks worst than the first.
    10-04-09 09:49 AM
    I had the curve and I currently have the Tour, the tour has everything the curve has and so much more its pretty much a curve on steroids it so much faster and the screen is so much more crisp. If you like the curve you will love the tour its nice to not have to worry about running out of memmory. If you switch to the Tour you will not regret it i could never look back now that i got it.
    • The Tour has 256mb of internal memmory then 8330 only has 96mb
    • The Tours screen is a way higher resolution videos look amazing
    • The Tour's has a way better camera 3.2mp the 8330 only has 2.0
    • The Tour 9630's processor is 528 MHz the Curve 8330's is only 312 mhz
    • The tour is a world phone the Curve 8330 is not
    • The tour also has a much more solid build style to it the curve ive had reset just setting it down before
    • The keyboard is way nicer 1nce you get ust to it witch is my opinion but how the keys are slanted and set is perfect to me i barley ever make an error on it
    10-04-09 11:01 AM
    I have the BB Storm, the Pre and the Tour.

The Tour is by far the best phone I have ever used.
    Super fast, works well over seas and very easy to use and set up.

Go get your hands on one.
    10-04-09 11:19 AM
    I'm on my second Tour as of now. The first was bought on E-Bay, and Verizon still took it back because of the trackball issue... no questions asked. This tells me Verizon knew they had a huge problem.

Now, my second Tour I've had for about 2 weeks now and it's totally different than the first in terms of the trackball. As a matter of fact, I've had to turn my trackball sensitivity down to 60 because I was so used to my old one having to be on 90 just to get it to move.

I'm happy with my new Tour, but that doesn't mean you will be. Best I can tell you is you need to go hang out in the store for a few hours each week to play with one yourself.
    10-04-09 12:05 PM
    Its a wonderful device. 5.0 and the seidio 2600 battery has mad this my perfect blackberry

10-04-09 12:30 PM
    I came from the 8330.

The Tour is an amazing device.

I have had it since launch week and when I pick it up I am still in awe.
    10-04-09 02:19 PM
    I had the curve and I currently have the Tour, the tour has everything the curve has and so much more its pretty much a curve on steroids it so much faster and the screen is so much more crisp. If you like the curve you will love the tour its nice to not have to worry about running out of memmory. If you switch to the Tour you will not regret it i could never look back now that i got it.
    • The Tour has 256mb of internal memmory then 8330 only has 96mb
    • The Tours screen is a way higher resolution videos look amazing
    • The Tour's has a way better camera 3.2mp the 8330 only has 2.0
    • The Tour 9630's processor is 528 MHz the Curve 8330's is only 312 mhz
    • The tour is a world phone the Curve 8330 is not
    • The tour also has a much more solid build style to it the curve ive had reset just setting it down before
    • The keyboard is way nicer 1nce you get ust to it witch is my opinion but how the keys are slanted and set is perfect to me i barley ever make an error on it
    pretty much nailed it on the head!

i like that it comes unlocked from sprint too

i love my tour. cant be beat!
    10-04-09 05:22 PM
    Works for me!!! After I get back from the photoshoot I'll pick one up, right now I don't have the bandwidth to transfer a phone and get set up for the biggest shoot of my life.
    10-04-09 08:56 PM
    I came from the curve and I really loved my curve...the only reason I upgraded was because someone else on my account was upgrading and I could get mine completely free with the buy one get one Verizon offers right now. I was very hesitant after reading all the "issues" people have had.

I have had no issues at all. The trackball works just fine. The keyboard is DIFFERENT, but not in a bad way. Took me all of a day to get used to it completely. The camera is great. The screen is amazing. The vibration is much better than the curve, especially seeing how you can customize it. I am deaf so I don't use a ringtone, rely on vibration alone for alerts and it works just fine, even in holster.

I'm happy, and I was plenty happy with my curve. I don't miss my curve (cept for the fact that it was pink )
    10-04-09 10:34 PM
    Newer Tours don't have the trackball problems anymore
    So if I was going to get a tour, how would I be able to tell if the tour had the old or new trackball?
    10-04-09 11:50 PM
    I know this thread is a few months old but it has influenced me towards getting a Tour. I have 1 question that wasnt addressed in this thread. Does the browser still blow or what??
    04-03-10 02:13 AM
    Get the tour is like getting the bold the difftrence is faster processor u can tell that u got the new tour than the wack bad ones is the buttons; the tour buttons on the new replacements are not glossy the old ones are the trackball sticks to ur thumbs better than the old tours. The stock web is still not that good but u can download oprea or bolt (i perfer bolt with the tab browsing) and upgrade to 5.0.0. 419 or 484 the newer versions of 5.0 sucks lol hope this helps
    04-03-10 01:46 PM
    No track ball issues for my October 14th-bought one.
    04-03-10 02:52 PM
    So, the browser still sucks but it has more memory, and with 3G data I would assume it should kick my phones *** lol
    04-03-10 04:45 PM
    Get the tour is like getting the bold the difftrence is faster processor u can tell that u got the new tour than the wack bad ones is the buttons; the tour buttons on the new replacements are not glossy the old ones are the trackball sticks to ur thumbs better than the old tours. The stock web is still not that good but u can download oprea or bolt (i perfer bolt with the tab browsing) and upgrade to 5.0.0. 419 or 484 the newer versions of 5.0 sucks lol hope this helps
    No joke. It is the best underrated smart phone. How do I know? When the tour first came out I upgraded from the 8330. Then I had a lapse of reason and pickup up a storm 2 (I know). After four months picked up a Curve 2. For $29 I wanted to see what the track pad was about. Yesterday I purchased a brand new tour and feel like I am home after getting lost. Get one you won't be disappointed.

04-03-10 07:55 PM
    Even tho I am way behind, my only complaint with the Tour is that darn browser! Can't get used to the magnifying glass, and even that isnt big enough for me. After cruising this board all day, I decided to try Opera Mini, which is freaking me out it's so cool, except I don't know how to use it. I need a Dummies site. Anything I can find on it is so complicated I don't even understand the question let alone the answer. When I see a link when I'm in Twitter, it asks if I want to open it in Opera, I say Yes, opera opens and just sits there. I'm scared to ask anybody for help because I already got cussed at in here for being stupid today.
    04-26-10 05:48 PM
    I don' t know, I have had my Tour for 6 months and really like it, no hardware issues. I guess I do have some criticism for browser speed (it blows or sucks or something not good).

I might be tempted to wait for the 9650.
    04-26-10 07:48 PM
    Even tho I am way behind, my only complaint with the Tour is that darn browser! Can't get used to the magnifying glass, and even that isnt big enough for me. After cruising this board all day, I decided to try Opera Mini, which is freaking me out it's so cool, except I don't know how to use it. I need a Dummies site. Anything I can find on it is so complicated I don't even understand the question let alone the answer. When I see a link when I'm in Twitter, it asks if I want to open it in Opera, I say Yes, opera opens and just sits there. I'm scared to ask anybody for help because I already got cussed at in here for being stupid today.

Try going into your internet options. Set the default and minimum font size at 11. And set default view to column. Hope that helps instead of zooming in.

Last edited by jes0212; 04-26-10 at 08:59 PM.
    04-26-10 08:56 PM
    DITTO EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE HAS SAID....I just got my tour and I am still learning it but I love it so far...it is a very nice bb...

ps...is it really true that the sprint tour is unlocked?
    04-27-10 02:31 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD