So a few days ago i ordered White housings for Tour / Bold / Javelin

Here is the tour housing, i tried to put it on my tour & i kinda failed, i broke my 8gig memory card in the process inside the phone but sprint gave me a brand new one with a good trackball this time *what a diff* Anyways, i had it on, but then noticed the bottom part where the Sprint logo would go woudl look rediculous, nothing would be there, i tried to pop the bottom part part off the original housing but couldn't, the top part pops out and goes on the white housing but the bottom one i couldnt....They also forgot to send me the White keypad for the tour, so either way it would have looked silly with a black keypad...The only white keypad for the tour now which is out has English & Arabic letters on it..would have worked for me since i'm Egyptian. Here are some pics. i'm also including the pic for the white tour keypad, which i was supposed to recieve but didn't

Overall its pretty cool but needs some tweaking!
    10-03-09 12:52 AM
    will you post the final product?
    10-03-09 01:17 AM
    will you post the final product?
    No it was never finalized, like i said, once i got to the point where i broke my memory card inside its slot, then had trouble popping the Sprint Logo part off the original housing, i just gave up, i had had it..lol, so i just put the original housing on, and since i needed to get a new Tour becuz of trackball issues i went and got a new one from sprint...

I also attempted putting the bold housing on, but couldn't get the buttons on the white keyboard to click..lol
    10-03-09 01:21 AM
    Aw boo! That would've been sweet if you got it on!
    10-03-09 01:27 AM
    Good try though!!!
    10-03-09 07:28 AM
    So a few days ago i ordered White housings for Tour / Bold / Javelin

Here is the tour housing, i tried to put it on my tour & i kinda failed, i broke my 8gig memory card in the process inside the phone but sprint gave me a brand new one with a good trackball this time *what a diff* Anyways, i had it on, but then noticed the bottom part where the Sprint logo would go woudl look rediculous, nothing would be there, i tried to pop the bottom part part off the original housing but couldn't, the top part pops out and goes on the white housing but the bottom one i couldnt....They also forgot to send me the White keypad for the tour, so either way it would have looked silly with a black keypad...The only white keypad for the tour now which is out has English & Arabic letters on it..would have worked for me since i'm Egyptian. Here are some pics. i'm also including the pic for the white tour keypad, which i was supposed to recieve but didn't

Overall its pretty cool but needs some tweaking!

Dont give up..!! Someone around here knows something about installing 3rd party blackberry housing...Goodluck..!!
    10-03-09 07:54 AM
    Keep on trying...it could look really good!
    10-03-09 07:59 AM
    what is that character in the white keyboard?
    10-03-09 10:11 AM
    what is that character in the white keyboard?
    arabic

read 1st post.
    10-03-09 10:38 AM
    thats a disassembly of the tour if that helps
    10-03-09 11:03 AM
    Looks SWEET! You should have finished it!
    10-03-09 12:14 PM
    excited to see how the end product will look!
    10-03-09 12:59 PM
    i today just did the same thing with my memory card putting on the black housing.. Everything else went smoothly. What did you say to sprint did you tell them ? What did you say? Thanks.
    10-03-09 02:09 PM
    my white housing for the tour should be in this week. ill take pics of finished product soon as i get it in.
    10-03-09 03:27 PM
    i today just did the same thing with my memory card putting on the black housing.. Everything else went smoothly. What did you say to sprint did you tell them ? What did you say? Thanks.

well my trackball was horrible to begin with, the guy at the sprint store couldn't even use my tour cuz he couldn't control the trackball, so pretty much they replaced it immediatley and didn't care about the memory card
    10-03-09 03:29 PM
    Whered you order the white housing from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 03:52 PM
    whooooo damn that look's PIMP. hopefully we'll be able to see a final product?
    10-03-09 04:51 PM
    will replacing the housing void the warranty on the phone??
    10-03-09 05:19 PM
    Looks pretty cool so far, curious to see how it goes after it's installed!
    10-03-09 05:20 PM
    Whered you order the white housing from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have a friend in China who gets them for me, i might be selling mine since i dont feel like messing with the new replacement tour i just got

will replacing the housing void the warranty on the phone??

Well one of the screws on the phone has a white small sticker on it covering the head, make sure you remove that with a razor finley so they dont see you messed with it...i myself just screwed rite through it and it was cut off, but when i went to sprint yesterday to get a new tour, they didn't say anything about it!
    10-03-09 06:53 PM
    well i got my white housing in yesterday. looks pretty good. what does everyone think??
    10-14-09 11:46 AM
    well i got my white housing in yesterday. looks pretty good. what does everyone think??
    Looks good, I want to make mine all white, what theme is that?
    10-14-09 12:09 PM
    Would look 100 X better in all white then mixed
    10-14-09 12:16 PM
    Looks good, I want to make mine all white, what theme is that?

theme is Archaic from elecite.com
    i wanted all white but they dont make the top piece in white.
    10-14-09 12:53 PM
    [billy_idol] It's a....nice day for a...white berry. [/billy_idol]

10-14-09 12:55 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD