Hey everyone,

I have a Tour running OS 5.0 and for some reason, it is not playing nice with Mac Desktop Manager. It used to when I have 4.7, but now it keeps ejecting my memory card during a sync. Anyone experiencing any problems?

Thanks!
    10-02-09 11:30 PM
    No one else with 5.0?
    10-03-09 12:27 AM
    my storm is running .230 and its not mounting the drives anymore, apparently there are lots of people having memory card issues with this thing. im still working on fixing mine.
    10-03-09 07:44 AM
    I'm running OS 5 with my Bold, and it syncs flawlessly (cept for Cal).
    10-03-09 09:25 AM
    I'm running OS 5 with my Bold, and it syncs flawlessly (cept for Cal).
    lol then it doesn't sync flawlessly. Mine syncs the calendar, but the music part craps the bed and ejects my disk...not good.
    10-03-09 10:22 AM
    im running .230 on my storm and have had no problems. Even after a wipe fresh install (PC) and then a restore of info before wipe (MAC), no problems.
    10-03-09 03:23 PM
    Im running 5.0.0.238 No problems what-so-ever on my macbook pro. synced great, music synced up fine... cal too... all good here.
    10-03-09 03:36 PM
    I followed this procedure post by Woland in the 'findings and fixes'
    thread to get my MBP to see via usb my tour w/5.0.230:

"Uninstall official version using their uninstaller
    Go back through finder and Delete EVERYTHING (yes, even the folder in Documents with your backups, or save them somewhere else)
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Install official client again
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Reboot DEVICE
    Run official client and sync

Calendar and contacts successfully synced...not really using iTunes, but I'll try it later to confirm."

So not only does the Mac DM mount the tour & media card, but it will sync all my DRM-free playlist music from iTunes. And everything has sync'd fine, no deletions or duplicates.
    Last edited by wyodog; 10-03-09 at 04:39 PM.
    10-03-09 04:35 PM
    I followed this procedure post by Woland in the 'findings and fixes'
    thread to get my MBP to see via usb my tour w/5.0.230:

"Uninstall official version using their uninstaller

"EDITED FOR LENGTH"

Calendar and contacts successfully synced...not really using iTunes, but I'll try it later to confirm."

So not only does the Mac DM mount the tour & media card, but it will sync all my DRM-free playlist music from iTunes. And everything has sync'd fine, no deletions or duplicates.
    I tried this and still can not get iCal to sync. I get

"The Calendar database cannot not be accessed for synchronization. For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base."

And yes it did say cannot not which should mean can be accessed but.....
    10-04-09 02:36 PM
    Sechler: I was getting that warning, too. I resent Service Books and it cleared it up. Not sure if that would solve your problem, but it got rid of the warning for me.

However, I'm still not getting a full iCal/BB sync. The BB talks to iCal, but iCal is giving BB the cold shoulder. Can't we all just get along?
    10-04-09 03:19 PM
    LeanneC: No I have been doing Service books, deleted cal events, everything I can think of still nothing
    10-04-09 04:01 PM
    how are your iCal preferences set? do you have sync turned on (box checked?)
    10-04-09 04:21 PM
    In BMFM or in iCal. I can't find one in ical. On BMFM I have sync cal. all cal. Under iCal the only sync cal button I see is for mobileme and I don't use mobileme
    10-04-09 04:46 PM
    In BMFM or in iCal. I can't find one in ical. On BMFM I have sync cal. all cal. Under iCal the only sync cal button I see is for mobileme and I don't use mobileme
    Yes, I know, you just might try checking it....I have not been able to find any info on that button unfortunately
    10-04-09 05:25 PM
    Yes, I know, you just might try checking it....I have not been able to find any info on that button unfortunately
    I tried but its not selectable and tells me "You do not have a mobileme subscription. To set up blah blah blah."
    10-04-09 05:36 PM
    OK lets try this (there are several things to do, each one gets progressively more...)

1. first archive your ical data: iCal>File>Export>iCal Archive
    2. Quit iCal
    3. trash: user>Library>Calendars>Calendar Cache
    user>Library>Preferences>com.apple.iCal.plist
    (you could actually trash all of those iCal plists
    4. repair permissions
    5. restart computer (zap the PRAM...command option P R)let it chime 3 times
    6. try again to sync...
    10-04-09 05:58 PM
    Statman:

Thanks again but no bene. Thinking going to try to sync with my PC and see what it does, then if still getting it reload OS or just wait till the gmail sync start working, or really 5.0 comes out. Thanks for your help but if you think of anything else let me know.
    10-05-09 12:16 AM
    10-08-09 03:12 PM
    I tried this and still can not get iCal to sync. I get

"The Calendar database cannot not be accessed for synchronization. For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base."

And yes it did say cannot not which should mean can be accessed but.....
    Did you ever change the default calendar in your BB?

Even if you didn't try this:
    BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR iCAL ON YOUR MAC BACKED UP.

In Desktop Manager go to the "Device menu" and select "Clear Data."

In here choose selected data, check any of the Calendar Options listed and click clear. (Confirm the clear when prompted)

Up top click the "Device" menu once again and choose "Forget Device." (

Disconnect the BlackBerry and close the Desktop Manager then re-open it and reconnect.

Go into Calendar on Desktop Manager, set to 2 way sync.

If you are synchronizing with multiple Calendars select the ones you would like to synchronize with and designate the Calendar in which you would like events created on the BlackBerry device to transfer to.

Under "Advanced Settings" choose the sync setting you would prefer and check "Replace all Calendar events on this BlackBerry device."

Complete a synchronization once again and verify that the data does not duplicate on the BlackBerry.

Uncheck the "Replace Calendar events on this BlackBerry device" box then test synchronization once again.
    10-08-09 03:28 PM
    Anyone know if there is a .rar for OS 5.0 for 8330?
    10-08-09 05:36 PM
    Anyone know if there is a .rar for OS 5.0 for 8330?
    Maybe you could go to the hybrid section and ask the original poster if he can upload a rar file?
    10-08-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD