Wow, fresh from BG (good catch already Kevin!). I think this will sell very well to the cosumers since this country loves flip phones.

BlackBerry Kickstart, the clamshell flip phone? We’re unveiling it to you for the first time! | The Boy Genius Report

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 09:34 PM
    Okay, I'll say it. I like flip phones and all...

That is fugly.
    04-30-08 09:40 PM
    Would love to know the specs on that but it does look kind of chunky and dare I say, ordinary.
    04-30-08 09:49 PM
    im not the biggest flip phone fan.. will take the 9000 instead! I cant take the wait!!
    04-30-08 09:51 PM
    Who created this thread?
    04-30-08 09:51 PM
    RIM shouldnt bother at this end of the segment. the last thing i really want to see, is RIM flood the market with **** handsets.

its bad enough the number of flavours the 81xx 83xx 88xx already.
    04-30-08 10:08 PM
    RIM shouldnt bother at this end of the segment. the last thing i really want to see, is RIM flood the market with **** handsets.

its bad enough the number of flavours the 81xx 83xx 88xx already.

How is the variety of handsets in the 81xx, 83xx and 88xx a bad thing? My understanding is that the different models merely are for CDMA, WiFi, and GSM differential.
    04-30-08 10:12 PM
    Reeneebob.... Fugly...I love that word! I always had flip phones. Didn't mind them, but now that I have my pearl I don't think I could go back even if it is a BB.

04-30-08 10:17 PM
    I don't and never have liked any phone that flips, slides or in fact has ANY sort of movement. That's why I chose my Black Pearl out of the 5 phones I was being offered.
    Kids will like it, I'm sure.

04-30-08 10:18 PM
    I love the flip. No need to worry about locking the keyboard. It looks as big as the pearl only thicker when closed, if the person in the pics has the same size hands as me...

Actually it kinda looks like the offspring of a razr and pearl.
    04-30-08 10:28 PM
    I have to say.... I'm not a fan. I think the phone is ugly.... Blackberries have such a trademark look.... i'm not feeling the flip phone at all.... I'll keep my curve.
    04-30-08 10:32 PM
    OMG
    i want this so BAD!!!
    I BEEN WAITIN FOR SOMETHIN LIKE THIS!!!
    04-30-08 10:52 PM
    Reeneebob.... Fugly...I love that word! I always had flip phones. Didn't mind them, but now that I have my pearl I don't think I could go back even if it is a BB.

LOL thanks - I find it useful and very satisfying in many situations. Can also be shortened to FUG.

I am also with you on flips - I always had them and I swore I wouldn`t go back to a candy bar, but now I wouldn`t go back to a flip.
    04-30-08 11:00 PM
    Lol...I also use FUG....it fits the description of things as well as some people.

04-30-08 11:17 PM
    Lol...I also use FUG....it fits the description of things as well as some people.

Like `She looks like she fell out of the Fug tree and hit every branch`` hehe
    04-30-08 11:26 PM
    I love the flip. No need to worry about locking the keyboard. It looks as big as the pearl only thicker when closed, if the person in the pics has the same size hands as me...

Actually it kinda looks like the offspring of a razr and pearl.
    I agree. I like it. The Pearls buttons are a little too small. With flip/clam phone, they can make the buttons bigger and still have a decent sized screen. And yeah, no more locking the phone when it's in my pocket.
    Last edited by dargis49; 04-30-08 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-30-08 11:48 PM
    That's definitely going to take a good piece of the flip phone crowd and pull them into the addiction. That Razor crowd won�t know what hit um
    04-30-08 11:53 PM
    Reeneebob exactly what you said about fug!! Lol.

04-30-08 11:59 PM
    I love my Curve, but I sometimes miss having a flip phone. I will definitely check it out when it is released.

Besides, you can't have too many BlackBerries! hehehe
    05-01-08 12:00 AM
    I dont like. It looks like a razr. What BB fanatic will want that?
    05-01-08 12:00 AM
    i wont ever buy it, but maybe this will be what makes my wife come to the dark side,
    05-01-08 12:22 AM
    This phone is very nice.... much better than the pearl at least. Although the exterior face needs work but the open "clamshell" has a very sweet look to it and will deffinatley give people an excuse not to buy another peice of **** Motorola or samsung etc. etc...

Why you all gotta hate, R.I.M. is just expanding its horizons into different demographics. The fact they didnt really have to compromise on trusted BB trademarks makes it a sure winner.

Just imbrace it... Now there is a BB for everyone
    05-01-08 12:31 AM
    Agreed. But the phone is just unappealing to me since i've had an 8700 and a few curves. I WILL however probably flip out when a slider berry comes out with a qwerty...
    05-01-08 12:42 AM
    As a Pearl owner? No way in h-e-double- hockey sticks is that thing nicer looking than the Pearl. Ick. Since the Pearl and Curve are almost identical that`s saying that flip thing is nicer than then Curve as well, and ick ick ick.

Of course, I don`t think the Curve is anywhere as pretty as the Pearl, so mileages vary.
    05-01-08 01:27 AM
    i HATEEEEEE it. It is the uglyest thing ever, and i dont even think we can call that a blackberry.
    05-01-08 01:47 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD