BAD NEWS - I got my 8900 wet, didnt pull the battery in time, and through dissection by a cell phone tech my motherboard is apparently damaged preventing me to use my keyboard and trackball.

GOOD NEWS - Phone boots up, screen reads fine, is still pulling down new emails and texts in the background, and the phone appears to be in somewhat good shape despite the use of the buttons. When I initially start the phone up the trackball rollsfor a second, a small hourglass appears and then trackball becomes unuseable.

Its been several days and the phone is completely dried out. Is there something else I can do to try and to recover use of the keyboard and trackball ?
    Last edited by laserlike; 10-02-09 at 02:25 PM.
    10-02-09 02:22 PM
    You can buy replacement keyboard and trackball parts and hope that is the problem and not the motherboard. You can also try to clean the board with alcohol, but it might already be too late.
    10-02-09 03:24 PM
    Oooh that sucks man Hope aristiles idea works out for you!
    10-02-09 11:55 PM
    Easy fix. I will take it off your hands for ya ;-)...
    10-03-09 12:06 AM
    Yea, probably u can try the new pieces.. If not, ur motherboard is fried.
    12-07-09 11:52 PM
    If the cellphone tech says Motherboard is gone, no point in trying to change other parts and wasting more money.
    Junk it/Sell it in scrap and buy a new phone.List it on ebay/craigslist ,maybe you will find some buyer who wants to salvage other working parts.
    I doubt, you will find a cellphone technician, who does Motherboard level repairs.
    12-08-09 03:10 AM
    omg i've gotten nightmares about that happening to mines..so sorry about the incident; hopefully the replacement of parts can fix the issue; i mean if you find it to be worth it, if not ebay/craiglist could be the solution..those parts can be useful to any1..good luck mate and sorry again..
    12-08-09 11:08 AM
    I had a water damaged curve, disassembled it, dried all the parts by a fan for about a day or so, used alcohol swabs to help clean and take away extra moisture, and bam it worked fine.
    12-08-09 02:17 PM
    if youre water damage "stickers" have not changed colors you could call customer service and say your phone got possessed somehow... more than likely they will troubleshoot it like any other phone and replace it no problem.

even if they catch the water damage it is only a 100$ restocking fee. so lets see... FREE or 100$ for a new (refurb'd) 8900?? either are better than a soggy waffle
    12-08-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD