Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else is running into this issue with the tour. Last night, I was able to send text messages to my friends, but was unable to receive any. I know my friends were sending me texts but I just couldnt see any of them. I pulled out the battery and rebooted. After that, i got any new text messages, but i didnt get the messages that my friends were sending inbetween. Anyone have any idea what may have happened? Someone mentioned there being a limit to the number of messages you can have, but i couldnt find an option for that.

Thanks for your help!
    10-02-09 01:44 PM
    Hmm, i think they maybe sitting on the VZ towers, dont be surprised if those get pushed in a couple days from today.
    These new RIM devices have plenty of new memory so i don't believe it has anything with you not having enough room for new text messages. If this was the case as with older bberrys, a message saying that you need to clear some memory would've shown up.
    10-02-09 02:37 PM
    The same thing is happening to me. I'm getting intermittent text messages and friends are complaining I'm not responding to them, getting me in a lot of hot water! I called Sprint to ask for their help, but they didn't do a thing!
    10-03-09 08:22 PM
    If your phone acknowledged receipt of the messages (like you had a software problem in the phone where the phone wasn't displaying your new messages; which was fixed by pulling the battery) then don't be surprised if those messages are not redelivered. Your provider probably thinks you already have them.

If your phone didn't acknowledge that those messages were recieved, you should have gotten them right away.
    10-03-09 09:22 PM
    Ask your carrier.
    10-04-09 10:11 PM
    I had the same problem last night at. Messages were able to send out but I would get my friend's text an hour later. Didn't bother me so much, probably just a glitch.
    10-04-09 10:37 PM
    Same, I have the tourch 9800 and I can recive bbms, whatsapps and send messages but for some reason I cannot recive messages. If anyone has any idea please respond.
    02-12-12 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD