ok so i have the new full 5.0 230 firmware and there are a few things that i don't like and are there ways of fixing or removing them?

1- Can i remove the stupid smiley faces in sms?
    2- I have disabled all auto-correction options i could find but it still autocorrects words and suggests others automatically and with the huge keyboard the screen is already small enough and now i have this bar of suggestions, can i fully disable that?
    3- threaded sms keeps jumping up and down in texts logs, anyone find a fix to that yet?
    4- can i reverse the order of my sms texts? to how they were before? newest at the top instead of the bottom?
    5- we seriously need a speaker fix here.....ive done the workarounds for texts/calls but all apps or songs/music still start out loud then i have to go to settings and adjust, its annoying.
    6- Screen dimming for some stupid reason even though i have screen dimming disabled, and then after i click buttons it takes forever to brighten back up.
    7- how in the world do i remove archived apps?! I havent seen the option to anywhere in appworld or on my phone, so i have to hide all the app icons that say (archived) that popped back up after the 230 install

I think thats all for now.
    If anyone has a fix to any of these problems PLEASE post them here, and post any of your own problems you would like fixed with the full 230 build. Hopefully we can all find a fix or two.
    10-02-09 12:31 PM
    go back to 151 or 167

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 12:35 PM
    ah, i would take these little problems over that stupid hourglass anyday. That hourglass gave me more than a few gray hairs at a young age.
    10-02-09 12:38 PM
    #2 is a simple fix

Options
    Language and Tex Input
    Input Style
    Change from word completion to auto correction.

I think that's where your having an issue...that gets rid of the horizontal pop row of suggested words....

But yeah. .167 fixes everything and is just as fast.(just don't use themes)
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 10-02-09 at 12:44 PM.
    10-02-09 12:40 PM

7- how in the world do i remove archived apps?! I havent seen the option to anywhere in appworld or on my phone, so i have to hide all the app icons that say (archived) that popped back up after the 230 install
    open appworld...click on bottom "my apps" i think..and find the apps that are archived and hit delete..this will officially delete them
    10-02-09 02:21 PM
    when i open appworld and go to my apps i can see the uninstalled (archived) apps and i click on them and it doesn't give me the option to delete, i can delete the currently installed one but the archived ones i can't, doesn't give me the option to.
    10-02-09 08:30 PM
    the screen will dim when you are in a dark room when in landscape mode. Mine has always done this and its better than being blinded by the screen at night.

10-02-09 08:49 PM
    You have use the blackberry menu button in appworld to delete them I believe

10-02-09 09:02 PM
    What is a pain is Facebook though. Basically the old version is archived and it screws appworld up from being able to delete it.

10-02-09 09:03 PM
    oh i didnt get facebook through appworld so i dont have that problem. and the blackberry menu button doesn't have a delete option either :/
    10-02-09 09:53 PM
    I'd like a fix for the Call Log not showing missed calls from Unknown Numbers (Caller I'd Blocked) and Voice Mail calls not showing in the Call Log.

10-02-09 10:07 PM
    has anyone had the problem that when talking on your phone while its plugged in charging that it will suddenly switch to speakerphone? even though i have call lock enabled and none of the buttons work, but this never happens when the phone is unplugged and im talking.
    10-03-09 01:40 AM
    Issue i want fixed is being able to scroll properly when selecting ringtones and alerts when accessing ringtones and alerts from sound icon on homescreen. Once in sound i select which tone i want to set, say sms for example. I click dropdown for selecting a tone and once in the scrollable area it kinda freezes and jumps. Cannot scroll functionally at all. Yes i can set my tones but the annoyance of having to sit and wait for the menu to catch up sucks. Lol.
    10-03-09 02:05 AM
    Just an overall herky jerky feel as it transitions between apps, especially after settings are changed and saved. Takes a good deal of confidence to navigate when it's lagging by several seconds...When it does snap to I've had image freezing/tearing on a handful of occasions, the white band, the crunched list (top item on screen being partially overwritten by the info on the line below), jumpy menu, etc. Unfortunate issues, and ones I'm eager to see resolved, but nothing to downgrade over...
    10-03-09 02:20 AM
    the screen will dim when you are in a dark room when in landscape mode. Mine has always done this and its better than being blinded by the screen at night.

This isn't the specific issue with 230--the functionality you describe is how it should work. 230 does a random dimming, in situations where the lighting is constant, day or night. It is truly annoying, and I haven't seen this behavior on any of the previous builds. Even with dimming disabled, as the OP wrote, it dudn't work right.
    10-03-09 08:54 AM
    I've installed.213
    Works great except can't unplug my phone from my pc.
    As soon as I do my phone dims and just doesn't light up again.
    I've installed it clean twice and reverted back to .148
    Any advise please

10-03-09 09:49 AM
    1- Can i remove the stupid smiley faces in sms?
    Just don't use them, why do they bother you?

5- we seriously need a speaker fix here.....ive done the workarounds for texts/calls but all apps or songs/music still start out loud then i have to go to settings and adjust, its annoying.
    try putting the ringtone on "NORMAL" or MEDIUM" instead of "LOUD"

6- Screen dimming for some stupid reason even though i have screen dimming disabled, and then after i click buttons it takes forever to brighten back up.
    this one I haven't noticed, maybe it's just on your phone?
    10-03-09 09:58 AM
    I am having an issue with my phone just locking up everytime i try to text.
    10-03-09 10:55 AM
    @Ultratiger89

when i text in sms and i type or or something it auto converts it to a smiley face or something and all texts people send me it converts theirs into stupid smiley faces, i want and :] not some gay smiley face lol.

and the dimming screen has happened to alot of people, a few people have even said it happens to them in this topic if you had read their posts. they were replying about the matter.
    10-03-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD