whos using BBM5? its like YM now with avatar et.al..

how come i cant download apps for blackberry?help any1?
    Last edited by PaulJC326; 10-02-09 at 12:05 PM.
    10-02-09 11:59 AM
    Your title is a little confusing.

I'm not using BBM 5, I'm on OS 5.0.238 so it doesn't work for me. I had it on 4.6.301 and I liked it, but found messages didn't always get sent.

As for downloading apps, what happens when you try?
    10-03-09 02:41 AM
    Your title is a little confusing.

I'm not using BBM 5, I'm on OS 5.0.238 so it doesn't work for me. I had it on 4.6.301 and I liked it, but found messages didn't always get sent.

As for downloading apps, what happens when you try?
    thanks for the reply..unfortunately, the default OS in our country for BOLD is still 4.6.0.266 i still have no idea on how to upgrade to OS5.. as to downloading of app world,not yet available in our telecom provider
    10-04-09 11:05 AM
    After the launching of Blackberry 8520 by globe on Oct 19, for sure dadami na ang Blackberry user! since its very affordable @ Php14,000+ prepaid kit and FREE at PLAN 2500, sabayan mo pa ng launching ng Blackberry prepaid data plan..

Sana maging maganda ang marketing strategy ng globe para mapenetrate tlga nila ang market!
    10-06-09 06:14 AM
    have you updated your OS? You can update it through desktop manager. Download an OS you desire and unzip it on your pc. then just use apploader. That's how i do it but only through a windoze computer. I haven't updated through dm for mac but ive read somewhere here it is possible.
    10-14-09 02:43 AM
    without unlimited data plans i doubt that it will takeover. the Philippines is still nokia country.
    10-15-09 03:42 PM
    without unlimited data plans i doubt that it will takeover. the Philippines is still nokia country.
    well, when SMS was just starting in the philippines, it started as unlimited sms w/ fixed monthly fee..now that it is bein charged per sms, philippines is now the texting capital of the world(ironic). hopefully, w/ the blackberry's BBM and YM, people will realize that its cheaper than SMS, or hopefully in the future, telecoms will also offer unlimited data plan.. after all, we always copy / imitate what others offer..lol
    10-16-09 02:16 AM
    well, when SMS was just starting in the philippines, it started as unlimited sms w/ fixed monthly fee..now that it is bein charged per sms, philippines is now the texting capital of the world(ironic). hopefully, w/ the blackberry's BBM and YM, people will realize that its cheaper than SMS, or hopefully in the future, telecoms will also offer unlimited data plan.. after all, we always copy / imitate what others offer..lol
    lol, if they had at least 100MB data plan then it wud be good. 10MB, Globe is just plain kuripot ahaha
    10-16-09 08:41 AM
    yeah, you're right... globe is kinda kuripot... the personal bb plans would just really get you through instant messaging and emails... i just rely on wifi if i need to download something or browse heavily..
    10-25-09 07:39 PM
    Unlimited data plan now is available for P 2000
    11-16-09 05:52 AM
    I really don't see the benefit of getting an unlimited plan. I mean, does anyone here ever go beyond P2,000/mo with the current P0.15/kb rate?

Unless you're tethering it with your laptop...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 09:54 AM
    hi.. its good to know na may mga PINOY dito. i am newbie when it comes to berry world and i still need to learn more from this new device. yeah.. this phone is really amazing! i like it so much..could someone help me please because i am really confuse, i am planning to upgrade my phone to bold 9000 or maybe to 9700 soon as its already available here in Riyadh and i want to give my 8520 to my young brother and i dunno if its possible for him to use in the Philippines. i bought my 8520-unlock. i already registered this device to one of the networks here and I am not sure if doing so means LOCKED na ung phone mo. how can he use the data plan jan sa pinas? is it possible ba na maka avail xa ng data plan jan sa Pinas and enjoy his BB just like new? or magiging useless nlang ung features nya instead TEXT and CALL nlang just like the ordinary phones out there? PLease help me guys... thanks.
    12-09-09 12:38 AM
    ako din bago pa lang dito sa bb
    12-12-09 03:17 PM
    same here please please help me explore my BB.. 09178014167
    12-16-09 01:34 AM
    have you updated your OS? You can update it through desktop manager. Download an OS you desire and unzip it on your pc. then just use apploader. That's how i do it but only through a windoze computer. I haven't updated through dm for mac but ive read somewhere here it is possible.
    hi pls PM me i have lots of queries re my BB8900 please thanks
    12-16-09 01:35 AM
    I really don't see the benefit of getting an unlimited plan. I mean, does anyone here ever go beyond P2,000/mo with the current P0.15/kb rate?

Unless you're tethering it with your laptop...

I always exceeded the 2k mark when i wasnt on unlimited. Have you actually tried using your phone? I consistently exceeded 2k each month. I email, bbm, surf, tweet and a whole lot more. I basically use the phone the way it was intended. so the supersurf is beneficial to me. they have lowered down the price to just 1.2k.

FYI, if you tether, it won't just be 2k. it will be ten folds of 2k.
    12-20-09 09:51 AM
    if you guys want to join the "PINOY Unite" BBM group, scan the barcode below..

Last edited by mastermason11; 12-24-09 at 01:32 AM.
    blackphnx likes this.
    12-23-09 03:40 PM
    yeah, you're right... globe is kinda kuripot... the personal bb plans would just really get you through instant messaging and emails... i just rely on wifi if i need to download something or browse heavily..
    Hello I added your PIN...I dont know kung makukuha mo yung request ko? I hope you add me up para matuto ako ng BBerry
    01-06-10 08:37 AM
    hey guys!!! i need help with my new bb 8520

i recently purchased one in the middle east...it's unlocked and i don't have a data plan. my problem is with the wifi of my bb. i can't connect to any site although the phone can detect the router and the router name is shown on the top part of the screen but whenever i try to browse via hotspot browser, it says that im not connected. also, whenever i setup connection with the wifi, there is always a problem connecting to the IP address. i tried using different wifi providers, inserted other sim cards, still the same issue. i tried troubleshooting using the tips given here in the forums...fail!!!

what could be the problem? is it true that in order for the wifi feature to work, i must have a data plan first?
    01-06-10 12:36 PM
    what could be the problem? is it true that in order for the wifi feature to work, i must have a data plan first?
    Well, I know for a fact you don't need a data plan, because I can surf via Wi-Fi on my 9000 with a Globe or SUN SIM.
    01-07-10 09:25 AM
    thanks for the reply..unfortunately, the default OS in our country for BOLD is still 4.6.0.266 i still have no idea on how to upgrade to OS5.. as to downloading of app world,not yet available in our telecom provider
    look at my post on TipidCP.com | Premier Online Trading Portal For Mobile Phones and Devices "blackberry user's thread page 42
    01-19-10 10:28 PM
    Hi I am enrolled to globe's super surf and I had the bb tethered to my laptop. Will this be a separate charge or kasama pa rin siya sa super surf? THanks.
    01-26-10 01:43 AM
    Hi I am enrolled to globe's super surf and I had the bb tethered to my laptop. Will this be a separate charge or kasama pa rin siya sa super surf? THanks.
    Oh yes you will be charged.

01-26-10 01:45 AM
    Oh yes you will be charged.

Oo nga. After checkin out other forums, I finally understood what this super surf really is. Thank you!
    01-26-10 05:05 AM
    Hi guys! Newbie here but not yet a BB owner.. well that's because Globe ran out of stock! Anyone knows which branch I can get one? I've been waiting 2 weeks already for their call.. I can't wait for my bb!!
    02-10-10 08:15 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD