Just looking for reviews. At work can't download it until later. Thought there woud be tons by now.
    10-02-09 10:55 AM
    I downloaded it and found, sadly, that it has the same problems as the Beta. It won't sync with Entourage (and, yes, I checked all the sync services buttons).

I've removed it and am going back to my PC to get work done.
    10-02-09 10:57 AM
    that sucks! I only use ical and the address book. Hope it works for me
    10-02-09 11:34 AM
    Any contact problems still??
    10-02-09 11:38 AM
    yes, all the problems still exist, and even worse.

My 8900 won't sync at all with anything. I keep getting a "sync error" and a prompt to restart the sync. RIM is offering absolutely nothing in the way of tech support unless you pay. (they actually just rejected the email i sent them, and are trying to send me somewhere else)

I uninstalled everything from the beta leak, and completely started from scratch on my G5 and MacBook Pro. Same thing on both systems...

Please help RIM, or someone... this is so annoying!!!

Why do we wait this long, and still have a crappy product?
    10-02-09 11:42 AM
    I downloaded it and found, sadly, that it has the same problems as the Beta. It won't sync with Entourage (and, yes, I checked all the sync services buttons).

I've removed it and am going back to my PC to get work done.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the version number of the official release? If I remember correctly, the leaked "beta" was v1.0

Until loading unofficial OSes becomes a reality on the Mac side, I'll continue to run the Windows software via Parallels.
    10-02-09 11:43 AM
    Looks like the Beta was better than this version... Calendars won't sync.

ugh.
    10-02-09 11:45 AM
    +1 beta was better. This version is 1.0.0
    10-02-09 11:46 AM
    question, when you guys are uninstalling this, are you using programs like appzapper or using the uninstaller than rim bundled it with.
    10-02-09 11:49 AM
    question, when you guys are uninstalling this, are you using programs like appzapper or using the uninstaller than rim bundled it with.
    I used the program RIM built in, then i manually went in and deleted anything else that was related.
    10-02-09 11:50 AM
    The leaked release was build 75, this one is build 89 I think. Regardless, it stinks. Freezes every time I try to sync contacts. WTG, RIM. I'm finished with this nonsense and will be looking elsewhere for my next smartphone.
    10-02-09 11:51 AM
    That's just great...still getting the error message
    "Contact adjusted externally...Changes will be lost and the viewer will be closed"
    RIM, how did you not fix this yet??
    I used the program RIM built in, then i manually went in and deleted anything else that was related.
    hmm i see. mind pointing me in the direction of where the leftover crap was located?
    hmm i see. mind pointing me in the direction of where the leftover crap was located?
    totally, i cheated and did a spotlight of blackberry and research in motion. I don't remember where the random files were, but i just left the scripts i need for bluetooth tethering. There were like 3 files, nothin major.
    10-02-09 11:54 AM
    typically:
    ~/library/Application Support/Blackberry
    ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.rim.BBLaunchAgent.plist
    ~/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.rim.BBDaemon.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RIMBBUSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RIMBBVSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RimBlackberryUSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.vsp.plist
    ~User/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop
    ~User/Library/Preferences/com.rim.blackberrydesktopmanager/plist
    ~User/Library/Preferences/com.rim.RimLaunchAgent/plist
    ~Library/Frameworks/RIM_VSP.framework
    ~Library/Frameworks/RimBlackberryUSB.framework.framework
    10-02-09 11:54 AM
    typically:
    ~/library/Application Support/Blackberry
    ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.rim.BBLaunchAgent.plist
    ~/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.rim.BBDaemon.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RIMBBUSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RIMBBVSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RimBlackberryUSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.vsp.plist
    ~User/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop
    ~User/Library/Preferences/com.rim.blackberrydesktopmanager/plist
    ~User/Library/Preferences/com.rim.RimLaunchAgent/plist
    ~Library/Frameworks/RIM_VSP.framework
    ~Library/Frameworks/RimBlackberryUSB.framework.framework
    lol, quite a list. thanks man
    10-02-09 11:56 AM
    Looks like the Beta was better than this version... Calendars won't sync.

ugh.
    this sucks.... i will stay with missing sync, which it works like a sharm...

d
    10-02-09 11:58 AM
    I am going to start over, and see if i did something wrong...
    10-02-09 12:02 PM
    I've just downloaded it. The first thing I did was back up my BB, which seemed to work, and then I synced my contacts and music. The software deleted all my contacts. I then restored my contacts using the back up just completed, re-synced, and everything is now working fine.

My contacts are also Google Synced (so I wasn't too worried about them being deleted off the BB anyway) and Facebook Connected, and Address Book even pulled the Facebook pictures automatically attached to my contacts on the BB. Nice.

The integrated Media Sync works a lot better than the earlier standalone program - whenever I synced music, it would delete all the music on my BB, and then replace it, rather than add the two or more songs I had added to my Blackberry playlist in iTunes, and would usually take around 20 minutes. The new Media Sync took about 10 seconds.

Thumbs up from me (so far).
    10-02-09 12:15 PM
    so is started from scratch, and now ical won't sync. Everything else works fine tho. So i am going to take your idea RFCole, and make a backup, and remove all the info from the bb, and try to re-install it via the DM.

Thanks!
    10-02-09 12:25 PM
    Sorry, RFCole, didn't work for me... Everything syncs fine, including the backup, except ical... non of my events show up... if anyone finds out how to fix this, please let us know!!!!

Thanks!

And boo RIM!!!!!
    10-02-09 12:38 PM
    So back-up and restore work perfectly...I did not try to sync contacts as they are fine right now. I can not get the iCal to sync either...get a sync error...
    10-02-09 12:58 PM
    Have MacBook Pro running SnowLeopard and Storm running OS .151. No problems doing calendar and contacts. It asked if I wanted to replace all items on my BB with the desktop which I did.
    Previously used Mussing Sync ver 1.03. Had not previously installed the Beta desktop for Mac
    So far, so good.
    10-02-09 01:44 PM
    When I try to sync the Address Book I get an error message: The Address Book database cannot not be accessed for synchronization. Did a reset still not working.
    10-02-09 01:52 PM
    Could all this be an issue with the fact that most of you are probably using a leaked OS? jw

Anyways, I sold my PC a while back and only have a mac now. I have never installed a leaked OS before (normally I'm really into that stuff but my storm has been running great since day one) but now I want to load .230 since the new features sound really great and I think are finally at the point that it is worth updating, even though my phone has always run great.

So from what I gathered from browsing the forum is that even with DM for mac (which is broken anyways) we would not be able to load leaked OS's? Am I doomed to wait for an official update from Verizon?

I could use my office PC which is stupid fast but I'd rather not be loading a ton of personal crap on it. Also, I do have parallels on my mac but it's slow as **** and way too much trouble trying to download files and sort out where what is on the mac part versus the windows.... yadayadayada.... yea bad experiences with parallels.
    Last edited by Dasher89; 10-02-09 at 02:04 PM.
    10-02-09 01:57 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD