Now the storm 2 will have a tough rode ahead due to its big brother the storm 1 having a bad first couple of months, but now to make it even tougher on the storm 2 the motorola sholes projected to be named the motorola droid by verizon will be on the same shelf. how do you think the storm will hold up against what may be one of 2009's best touch screen slider phones yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 09:29 AM
    Personally, I have had Motorola phone in the past and wasn't to impressed. That doesn't mean this won't be a good one, but I won't consider it because it's a Motorola.
    I have also noticed that Motorola is trying to cater to the teen crowd in their advertising which may keep many business oriented people from looking at it.
    10-02-09 09:41 AM
    Its going to be tough! I haven't really heard anything bad about the Android OS. Most of the people I talked to with an Android handset are real happy. Not to get off topic, but I still think that the announcement date of the S2 will be soon after the official announcement of the Droid...just my opinion.
    10-02-09 09:42 AM
    From what I have seen the Sholes is a pretty ugly looking phone. I'm not one for slider phones either. I know a keyboardless version is coming in 2010 also, but just not for me. I, like mtkalimey, have had a couple of Motorola phones in the past and they all fell apart. I'm just not willing to give them another shot.
    10-02-09 09:50 AM
    I agree that it is a ugly phone but it does have a good spec sheet. Assuming the S2 is ready and not currently having issues, the S2 will most likely release first and Verizon will give it some space.

If the Sholes releases first, that tells me the S2 isn't ready as of yet. Personally I think the S2 will release first and the Sholes in late Nov. or early Dec.
    10-02-09 09:55 AM
    I have to agree with everyone, I have never been impressed with any Motorola handset....and the Sholes (Droid) is oooogly!
    10-02-09 09:59 AM
    The render for the Sholes looked really good... the prototype pictures looked horrible lol. I agree the live pictures I have seen look really bad but it has some ROCKIN hardware and a very very nice screen spec (800 by 480).

I am looking forward the announcment, supposedly moto might talk about it on the sixth for moto dev but we will see. The phone it self is also all metal which is a plus for me and very thin and still a slider (supposedly about the size of the Q9) but we will see how it shakes out. Right now its not supposed to launch until december 1st anyway.
    10-02-09 10:27 AM
    i personally think the phone is hideous, but the real issue here is some better touch screen phones are coming out on VZW than the Storm 2, if i still had VZW id hold out for the Pre over the Storm 2, especially if i had a Storm already.
    10-02-09 10:35 AM
    i personally think the phone is hideous, but the real issue here is some better touch screen phones are coming out on VZW than the Storm 2, if i still had VZW id hold out for the Pre over the Storm 2, especially if i had a Storm already.
    Have you ever held a Pre? It's tiny cheap piece of plastic crap, lol. I'd never buy that phone. The UI is awesome, but that's it.

also......when COD6 comes out, it's on like Donkey Kong!!! on a PC that is.
    10-02-09 10:40 AM
    I'm a BB fan, but the Sholes has some compelling specs, including Flash support!

10 reasons to start saving for the Verizon Motorola Sholes Android phone – Android and Me
    10-02-09 10:44 AM
    I just wish that it looked like the render right now lol but all the pre productions I have seen live photos of have been not nearly as attractive.
    10-02-09 10:55 AM
    Have you ever held a Pre? It's tiny cheap piece of plastic crap, lol. I'd never buy that phone. The UI is awesome, but that's it.

also......when COD6 comes out, it's on like Donkey Kong!!! on a PC that is.
    I have infact, its got about the same quality as the 83xx line of curves.

Also, real men play on 360.
    10-02-09 10:57 AM
    Also, real men play on 360.
    Only if real mean like crappy external hardware and not nearly as impressive graphics...
    10-02-09 11:11 AM
    Only if real mean like crappy external hardware and not nearly as impressive graphics...
    Yeah, 1080p on a 48 inch Bravia with a 5.1 HK surround sound system doesnt cut the cake anymore for playing a game optimized for a console...rather play in my living room relaxing than paying 500 bucks just for a paltry increase in FPS and anti aliasing when you have to buy a new GPU to say your game looks better than it does on my TV
    10-02-09 11:18 AM
    I'm a BB fan, but the Sholes has some compelling specs, including Flash support!

10 reasons to start saving for the Verizon Motorola Sholes Android phone � Android and Me
    I'm feeling the same.....I'm liking this phone and I'll keep my original storm as a backup when i want to use a blackberry.
    10-02-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah, 1080p on a 48 inch Bravia with a 5.1 HK surround sound system doesnt cut the cake anymore for playing a game optimized for a console...rather play in my living room relaxing than paying 500 bucks just for a paltry increase in FPS and anti aliasing when you have to buy a new GPU to say your game looks better than it does on my TV
    Please its not like you cant conect a computer to the exact same set up and it still looks just as good. Computers are more expensive, but its part of staying on the edge of tech. Though I dont like those gaming chairs I would rather have the recliner lol.

I was just messing with you, consoles are good stuff, they make games a lot more accessible. I still would rather keep some games like FPS on the computer. I dont like the controlers and have yet to find a offical PS3 keyboard and mouse that works as good as what I have for the computer. But yea I would take the best of both worlds, computer set up in the living room with the nice chair, sound, and bigger TV.
    10-02-09 11:59 AM
    i used to computer game but its too expensive a habit to keep up. I remember having to overhaul my entire computer when HL2 came out (god those nights of 3 in the morning CS:Source, punching the sh*t out of the monitor and cursing up a storm...the good ol days) and then having to overhaul it AGAIN when i got FEAR for PC (which i still have to this day). I just gave up on that **** and got XI for PC lol which i only played on PC cause i hacked lol...

Personally i prefer the controllers and there arent any clown dump hackers to deal with other than modded controller kids with no skill.

I used to have my PC setup to my TV, its nice to watch bootleg streaming on, but any movie or CD i downloaded i can stream via wireless with my 360. Also the text is too small on a TV with hookups from the GPU, it just doesnt work for me. Although a cool thing to do is run your CPU in dual monitor mode, its pretty awesome for some things

EDIT: I apologize if i was hostile towards you, but you can never tell with people some days if they're being sarcastic or not @_@ and i will not tolerate any heresy of 360 whatsoever!!!
    10-02-09 12:18 PM
    lol devil not a problem

My friend has a dual set up, it made some games awesome lol One of the major issues I have/had with modern warfare on PS3 was the lack of a ability to choose a server to play on. Then again I come from playing Mohaa on ladders (top team for about a year on both major ladders at the time) and the origonal CoD and all that. It drives me batty to not have admin control on a server to enforce certain style of plays or to change server when you want a lower ping and all that kind of stuff.

But thats all just small personal reasons really anyway back to the topic so with the sholes my only two issues are the smalelr amounts of onboard memory and ram and the possible desgin issues right now. I am holidng out till I see a offical picture and can try and play with it in person but it also dose not come out till december. Well as of right now there is only a leak to go off of so we will see.
    10-02-09 01:14 PM
    Maybe if RIM gets a little pressure on them they will start producing higher quality phones???
    10-02-09 01:45 PM
    Just think back just three years ago, no Iphone or Android to deal with. Hopefully fierce competition will bring out the best in Rim. Because now they are battling the 800 pound guerillas in Apple and Google.

Maybe if RIM gets a little pressure on them they will start producing higher quality phones???
    10-02-09 02:20 PM
    i used to computer game but its too expensive a habit to keep up. I remember having to overhaul my entire computer when HL2 came out (god those nights of 3 in the morning CS:Source, punching the sh*t out of the monitor and cursing up a storm...the good ol days) and then having to overhaul it AGAIN when i got FEAR for PC (which i still have to this day). I just gave up on that **** and got XI for PC lol which i only played on PC cause i hacked lol...

Personally i prefer the controllers and there arent any clown dump hackers to deal with other than modded controller kids with no skill.

I used to have my PC setup to my TV, its nice to watch bootleg streaming on, but any movie or CD i downloaded i can stream via wireless with my 360. Also the text is too small on a TV with hookups from the GPU, it just doesnt work for me. Although a cool thing to do is run your CPU in dual monitor mode, its pretty awesome for some things

EDIT: I apologize if i was hostile towards you, but you can never tell with people some days if they're being sarcastic or not @_@ and i will not tolerate any heresy of 360 whatsoever!!!
    Its too bad you sound like a complete 360 fanboy.

Secondly, you are making horrible upgrades on your comp if you had to upgrade for Fear coming from HL2.

and... honestly... my Elite... is a great dust catcher.
    10-02-09 02:40 PM
    Just think back just three years ago, no Iphone or Android to deal with. Hopefully fierce competition will bring out the best in Rim. Because now they are battling the 800 pound guerillas in Apple and Google.
    Yeah thats what I'm thinking too. If carriers start backing phones that they don't have to replace like mad more than they do blackberry's... we could see a change in the wind says I.
    10-02-09 03:28 PM
    Real mean own a PS3.....
    10-02-09 03:58 PM
    Fierce competition from who, exactly? RIM is not competing with Google or Apple. RIM is still trying to get their foot in the door in the touchscreen market.
    10-02-09 04:05 PM
    Just give me Android OS on a RIM-built device and I'll be happy. Many people (maybe even all) will agree that the BB OS in its current form is simply not designed for touchscreens.

RIM has made major grounds in terms of hardware and touchscreens, they just need to get their OS caught up. Even the Storm 1 is a great concept, the Storm 2 from what I hear improves on this 100 fold. RIM, just give us better software.

I'll reserve final judgment on the Sholes/DROID/whatever until it's officially announced, as we all know preproduction units have a way of not doing the final product justice. In its current form the device seems like just another device, but coupled with the rumored specs and Android, AND on Verizon's network? I won't lie, it's pretty enticing.

Of course I'm one of those crazy nut jobs who prefer function over form (as long as form isn't too ridiculous).
    10-02-09 04:36 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD