Hi, new to BB. My storm seems to be draining the battery a lot quicker than I would have expected. For example, I turned it off overnight, charged it fully, and it died on me around 4:00 today. I admit I use a lot of its features (Pandora, Facebook, etc.) but it really seems to be going much too quick in my opinion. Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?
    10-01-09 10:51 PM
    I would suggest turning the screen brightness to 10%, it is still plenty bright enough to see and will last considerably longer.
    Second I would suggest turning the dim function to 10-20 seconds after use. You really dont need the screen to stay lit after you set it down for an extra 30-60 seconds. Mine is set to 10 seconds to dim and if I need it to stay on longer I use leave it on.
    Third I would suggest you go into your options and change the service from Global to 1XEV. This will make it so the phone isn't continually roaming and searching for any other signal other than 1XEV. If your not over seas you don't need Global.
    Fourth I would make sure you don't have multiple apps up and running in the background unless you are using them or they are necessary. Even if you don't see them they are still in the background sending and receiving data and draining the battery.
    Many times when I am listening to music on pandora or the media player I lock the screen so that way the screen will stay off but the music will continue to play which is also a nice battery saving feature.
    Last but not least I would suggest you hop on ebay and buy an extra battery as a backup just in case. I bought one for like $10 and keep it fully charged in case i can't get to a charger or power outlet.
    Good luck and I hope this helps a little.
    10-01-09 11:00 PM
    Don't forget to turn off GPS while not in use
    10-01-09 11:41 PM
    I will try that my self ...thank u
    10-02-09 12:53 AM
    thanks for the tips folks! much appreciated!!!
    10-03-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD