First of all, let me apologize, but I really didn't want to spend a day and a half researching this when I could just ask you guys. Please forgive me but I have been out of here for a while. On my last visit everyone was raving about the new 5.0 OS, but were saying if I went with that, I would loose things like camera, Pandora, and other things.

I noticed today that the 5.0 OS's have got up to .230, and wanted to know if this was a solid build (meaning no loss of functions?) or If I will still have to sacrifice anything.

I currently am using 4.7.0.167, and I LOVE IT, but I wanted to see if there was better out there.

Please answer in laymans terms, I am not up to date on my neticatte!

So please (and thank you!) tell me the things I really need to know. I would love to hear about all the new things as well, but only if you feel like telling me. I don't want to be any trouble.

Thanks everyone!
    10-01-09 02:56 PM
    Chuck Norris is running .230. Seriously though, new features that I like are flick scrolling, speed, memory management. All my apps except quickpull are working. Still stuck with bbm 4.7, until a compatible 5.0 version arrives.
    10-01-09 03:02 PM
    I loaded it last night and so far I have had not trouble with it other than the today screen issue.

Does anyone have a fix for it or know what might work?
    10-01-09 03:04 PM
    everything is functional. camera/video works. tbreaded sms, flick scrolling. The only thing thats holding back is bbm. 5.0 is not compaitable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 03:07 PM
    ^That too I forgot about BBM 5.0
    10-01-09 03:10 PM
    I know this the a noob question, but please go easy on me. Say that I want to go back to the official Verizon released Storm OS. Do I just load up DM and click on the 4.7 and it will do it's thing, or will I have to d/l the 4.7 OS from somewhere? If so, where can I find it? I just don't want to be stuck with something that may not work for me. Is it best to install through DM or App Loader? Also, I have already backed up my BB, how would I load my contacts and apps if I go through App Loader? Thanks for your help!
    10-01-09 03:24 PM
    Today screen is a theme right? BBM is the blackberry instant messenger right? HAHA yes chuck norris is old school
    Thanks guys!
    10-01-09 03:32 PM
    I know this the a noob question, but please go easy on me. Say that I want to go back to the official Verizon released Storm OS. Do I just load up DM and click on the 4.7 and it will do it's thing, or will I have to d/l the 4.7 OS from somewhere? If so, where can I find it? I just don't want to be stuck with something that may not work for me. Is it best to install through DM or App Loader? Also, I have already backed up my BB, how would I load my contacts and apps if I go through App Loader? Thanks for your help!
    Dm should see .148 and automatically download it if you select it.

10-01-09 03:33 PM
    I always use app loader for new OSs, back up contacts and settings in dm, and backup apps with bbsak

10-01-09 03:33 PM
    .230 is incredible and I highly recommend the upgrade. Very glad I upgraded!

Only problems I've had is MeterBerry, QuickPull Pro, and BerryBuzz aren't working.

Actually is worth the upgrade still, but i'm pumped for upgrades to those 3 which will hopefully be available very soon!
    10-01-09 05:26 PM
    .230 is incredible and I highly recommend the upgrade. Very glad I upgraded!

Only problems I've had is MeterBerry, QuickPull Pro, and BerryBuzz aren't working.

Actually is worth the upgrade still, but i'm pumped for upgrades to those 3 which will hopefully be available very soon!
    The BerryBuzz beta 2.1.31 works with .230. Don't have the link off the top but do a search. It's there.

10-01-09 06:18 PM
    ok last question before i bite, do I have to do anything else when jumping from my version to this one besides the usual download the software, and update... (not talking about wiping, or backups, etc, Im talking about like installing other versions, or .cod files, or radio files, etc.)
    10-01-09 10:47 PM
    Bump......
    10-02-09 09:12 AM
    Right now I'm running 151/167/5.0 hybrid. Has worked great for me, and last time i tried to upgrade to a 5.0 hybrid i nuked my bberry. So I'm hesitant to upgrade again w/o an "official" release. My other hangup is i LOVE BBM 5.0. In people's opinions, is .230 worth upgrading to if it means I lose BBM 5.0? Is it really THAT much better than previous OS's? and FWIW, I don't think flick scrolling is all that great...it tended to spaz out in the messages folder for me when I did have a 5.0 OS loaded.
    thoughts?
    10-02-09 11:24 AM
    I just went from .167 to .230 this week and it is a big improvement. I haven't experienced any loss of function. Pandora is the only 3rd party app that isn't working, but all the new features make it worth waiting for a Pandora update.
    10-02-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD