My first BB was a Storm and I eventually switched it out for an 8330 (which I like much better). BUT, I notice that many "high-powered" business people don't have Curves. They use a Tour or Bold or something. So my question is if you see someone using a Curve 8330 like mine instead of the more expensive models, do you kind of "look down" on them? I have to admit, sometimes when I'm in the elevator and someone pulls out a Bold while I'm checking my Curve 8330, I do feel a little intimidated. Anyone else feel like that or is it just me?
    09-30-09 11:26 PM
    Anyone who looks down on another person because of their
    phone choice (BB or not) is a shallow individual.

Anyone who feels intimidated by what others have simply needs to
    grow up and live for themselves.

With that said, the Curve is an awesome device and it's sales
    figures prove that out.
    09-30-09 11:31 PM
    I have an 8900. I don't feel all high and mighty when I see someone using a phone older than mine. Some people may but I'd like to think people are grown up and things like that don't matter, unless if you're in high school or something like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 11:31 PM
    Anyone who looks down on another person because of their
    phone choice (BB or not) is a shallow individual.

Anyone who feels intimidated by what others have simply needs to
    grow up and live for themselves.

With that said, the Curve is an awesome device and it's sales
    figures prove that out.
    Thanks. Well said.
    09-30-09 11:32 PM
    I feel high and mighty just for owning a blackberry in general. Their excellent devices.

09-30-09 11:34 PM
    I feel high and mighty just for owning a blackberry in general. Their excellent devices.
    There are a lot of excellent devices. Don't get it twisted, the BB is not the end
    all and be all of cellular technology. It comes down to the user.

Put a BB in the hands of a moron and you might as well handed him a rock.
    Put, say an E71x in the hands of a genius and it will smoke the BB all day,
    every day. The user matters.

The "smartphone" is only as smart as the person handling it. So to the OP, just
    think, those people may have newer phones, but can they do, do they know
    what you do? Yeah that CEO may look down on your Curve but probably can't
    figure out how to change his ringtones on his Bold. Puts the loser thing in perspective I think.
    09-30-09 11:46 PM
    So my question is if you see someone using a Curve 8330 like mine instead of the more expensive models, do you kind of "look down" on them?
    I can't even tell them apart. I know the skinny Pearl when I see it but that's about as far as it goes. To me it's either "skinny Pearl" or "fat non Pearl"
    Last edited by dchawk81; 09-30-09 at 11:53 PM.
    09-30-09 11:50 PM
    The Curve is a wonderful phone; I would never look down on someone for that.

You pick the device that works best for you and your needs and desires.
    10-01-09 12:12 AM
    My kids have Verizon devices my ex got for them - not blackberries and I love to play around with them when they come over on weekends. I helped my Daughter put a media card in hers and load it with music and my Son's Voyager is pretty amazing. My wife uses an unlocked N-96 - best media device hands down. BlackBerries are great, but there are a lot of other great devices out there as well.

10-01-09 12:13 AM
    Nothing to be added to AG's post. It's all on the user.

I use both BlackBerry & iPhone (although I do prefer my BB), they both get usage.
    10-01-09 12:16 AM
    I use a Bold because the form factor suits me better than Tour or 8900 or even the upcoming 9700. I used the Storm for awhile but the OS was a little too slow. I still have the Storm though as it's great for multimedia especially with 5.0.0.216.

10-01-09 12:28 AM
    I look down on people WHO DON'T have BlackBerry's.

10-01-09 12:56 AM
    i think they'd only look down on u if u carried this:
    10-01-09 01:00 AM
    The curve is still a pretty good BB. I'd be surprised if other BB users looked down on someone with a curve.
    10-01-09 01:07 AM
    I've got no problem pulling out my pearl wherever and whenever. Buddy of mine has bold, not a big berry guy so he had no idea his was much better than mine. Saw the trackball and that's all that matters. As long as there is no side scroll wheel you should feel fine...

10-01-09 01:15 AM
    Nothing to be added to AG's post. It's all on the user.

I use both BlackBerry & iPhone (although I do prefer my BB), they both get usage.
    Duvi, I just picked got an iPhone 3GS 32gb this weekend. You and forever29
    are my go to guys. Like it or not
    10-01-09 01:31 AM
    I didn't realize people judged on the type of phone you have. It's not that serious to me.
    10-01-09 03:45 AM
    Wow I couldn't careless what phone someone has.
    10-01-09 04:39 AM
    The curve is/will be the BB classic model. There are obviously newer devices etc., but the curve will always hold it's own.
    10-01-09 08:11 AM
    I am happy with my curve 8310... couldnt care less what others think about it
    10-01-09 09:37 AM
    We aren't our devices, we are who we are. If you gotta judge people, judge them by their actions.

I do feel some level of kinship when I see another full qwerty keyboard! Too bad I don't know many BB users where I live. Curve 8300 series are work beasts, they get the job done and that's what Blackberry is all about isn't it?

Hold your head up high!
    10-01-09 10:07 AM
    i think they'd only look down on u if u carried this:
    LMAO!

How about

10-01-09 11:09 AM
    My first BB was a Storm and I eventually switched it out for an 8330 (which I like much better). BUT, I notice that many "high-powered" business people don't have Curves. They use a Tour or Bold or something. So my question is if you see someone using a Curve 8330 like mine instead of the more expensive models, do you kind of "look down" on them? I have to admit, sometimes when I'm in the elevator and someone pulls out a Bold while I'm checking my Curve 8330, I do feel a little intimidated. Anyone else feel like that or is it just me?
    Use it with pride. I always see EVERY business man I pass in the city using a Curve! When I was in France, every business person traveling was rocking the Curve family. LOL. I felt all happy with my own Curve at the time. I have the Tour, but honestly, I've only see a few business men using them.
    10-01-09 12:29 PM
    Are you productive with your BB? If so, it does not matter which one you carry.
    10-01-09 12:39 PM
    Anyone who looks down at the phone you are using is the loser. You're using a blackberry. Nuff said.

10-01-09 01:05 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD