Ok my blackberry pearl track ball will only scroll side to side (not up and down) Ive pulled the track ball to clean it with negative results. Ive done several battery pull reboots, with negative results. Also the battery now will only last about 6 hours on a charge since this happend. Ive never dropped the phone and its never gotten wet anything, and of course my warranty is up. Please help. oh and I have taken the track ball out of my wifes pearl and put it in mine and it still only tracks from side to side. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mybighog; 04-30-08 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
    04-30-08 09:38 AM
    This is what Blackberry themselves have to say about this BlackBerry Search Results.

New trackball assemblies can be obtained from Cellular Accessories - LG, Mobiado, Dopod/O2, Tools, BenQ-Siemens, Apple, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, Acer.

I am not sure (since you have already swapped your trackball out) that this is the problem. What happens if you put your trackball into your wife's phone? Does it work? If so, then the problem is with the phone.

Check the contacts where the trackball sits.
    04-30-08 12:57 PM
    Had a very similar problem with my Pearl about 2 months after I got it.

Called AT&T and they told me to take it back and exchange it. It was almost as if they knew there is a problem with some Pearls.

A friend had same problem after about 14 months and ATT would not help him.

If it is less than 1 year old, take it back.

They can copy all your addies etc to your new phone.
    04-30-08 07:09 PM
    Try using a surgical rubber glove. I was having same issue, and absolutely nothing worked. I'v now cut the fingers off the gloves, carry them with me and put them on my thumbs when I'm using Pearl. If it doesn't kick in right away, give it a moment... It's not a fix -- just a bandaid when using trackball.
    05-01-08 09:23 AM
    Try using a surgical rubber glove. I was having same issue, and absolutely nothing worked. I'v now cut the fingers off the gloves, carry them with me and put them on my thumbs when I'm using Pearl. If it doesn't kick in right away, give it a moment... It's not a fix -- just a bandaid when using trackball.
    Haha now THAT is definately OCD. I just make sure my hands are clean when im Texting / Scrolling through the phone. You might just have a faulty phone, no product is perfect, but the battery life problem sounds internal, maybe one of the circuits on your phone is shorting.
    05-01-08 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD