Hello all,

Blackberry NOOB here making the conversion from Palm, Motorola, and most recently Samsung. Must say I am very pleased with my new Pearl.

However, I seem to have "gummed" something up recently. Originally if I pressed and held the "1" button on the keypad it would dial my voice mail number for me. However, I suddenly am having an issue with the phone now prompting me to enter a speed dial contact when I press and hold "1". I double checked that the voice mail access number is setup, which it is, and if I use the option key and select call voice mail it works properly. However being a "convert" I really am used to using the "hold 1" method. Anything I can do to regain this function?

Only thing I have done recently was to upgrade the firmware to the latest version posted on this thread (4.2.101?). Afterwhich everything was working fine until this morning when this issue started.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Half

Per a recommendation found on HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource I removed battery, let the phone sit for 30 seconds and then re-installed. After reboot voice mail link to speed dial "1" is restored!
    Last edited by halfrican; 08-01-07 at 09:59 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!
    08-01-07 08:55 PM
    Glad you got it resolved...
    08-02-07 05:10 AM
    Hi,

I have lost my speed dial 1 access to my voicemail. Have not done any
    upgrades or anything just went to use it the other day and it said invalid number.

Tried removing the battery and waiting and then rebooting, nothing, still does not work.

Anyone have any solutions?
    01-13-08 06:48 PM
    Hi,

I have lost my speed dial 1 access to my voicemail. Have not done any
    upgrades or anything just went to use it the other day and it said invalid number.

Tried removing the battery and waiting and then rebooting, nothing, still does not work.

Anyone have any solutions?
    Try going into your call log screen, hit menu, options, voicemail and make sure your phone number is listed in access number
    01-13-08 06:52 PM
    Man, I must say this forum is very informative.

I ran into this exact problem this morning.

Pulled the battery and fixed the problem.

Thanks.
    01-14-08 11:28 AM
    if you have to assign your voicemail as your number 1 key by inputting it in to your phone book. This would be done like any other number
    01-14-08 11:44 PM
    The proper way to fix this problem is to delete whatever speed dial is entered for the 1/W key, even if it's blank, just delete it.

Then reboot the device by removing the battery. That will repopulate the voicemail speed dial.

It has nothing to do with having voicemail in your address book. It will populate what is in >Phone >Options >Voicemail. This is all automatic. However, sometimes it glitches and you have to do the fix I described above.
    01-14-08 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the solutions!
    same problem
    deleted the empty speed dial
    soft reset

problem solved
    01-31-08 12:00 PM
    Gotta love Crackberry.com...

I found I had the same problem this morning, read this thread, fixed the problem.

deleted the empty speed dial
    battery pull
    problem solved
    02-20-08 07:58 AM
    The proper way to fix this problem is to delete whatever speed dial is entered for the 1/W key, even if it's blank, just delete it.

Then reboot the device by removing the battery. That will repopulate the voicemail speed dial.

It has nothing to do with having voicemail in your address book. It will populate what is in >Phone >Options >Voicemail. This is all automatic. However, sometimes it glitches and you have to do the fix I described above.
    Thanks for the solution. You really are a genius. I'm a happy girl!
    04-30-08 04:07 PM
    For those who don't want VM speed dial to default to #1, and don't want to create a seperate Address Book Entry with your VM# + PIN, this is a good, easy fix...

Do as everyone else explains above, delete SpeedDial#1, reboot, allow it to default #1 to VM, etc.

After the reboot
    (1) View Speed Dial List
    (2) highlight Voice Mail ###-###-#### (i.e. the default VM, not the one you created in yr Address Bk)
    (3) click MENU --> Move
    (4) scroll down to the number you want to reassign it to, click the scroll button thus saving it there!
    05-07-08 09:33 AM
    I tried ALL of the suggestions in this forum but I still can't dial one to access my voicemail. Any other suggestions?
    10-20-08 06:46 PM
    When I had this problem, I didn't know that this thread existed. Luckily I had just called my voicemail about an hour before so I just saved the number in my contacts and reassigned it manually. If your voicemail is in your call history you might try that.
    Last edited by JamesDP; 10-20-08 at 07:13 PM.
    10-20-08 06:57 PM

Was having this same problem and read the solution here. All set now. Thanks!
    12-11-08 08:02 AM
    you can also dial your own number to get your voicemail.
    12-12-08 10:01 PM
    Read this and fixed my "disappearing" #1 Voice Mail Speed Dial. Followed the simple steps here and -- they worked!!
    03-16-09 05:07 PM
    I have a Sprint BB Tour 9630 that I am using on AT&T. I couldn't access my voicemail options either. It is now fixed! I went about it the following way:
    1 - Press Call button to view recent calls
    2 - Press the "option" key and choose "Options".This gets you into the phone options.
    3 - Choose Voicemail
    4 - Enter your carrier's voicemail access number and click Save
    I'm up and running. I did have to call my carrier to provide the VM access number. You can also search for a listing of them as well. I know they are out there somewhere.

Robin
    01-05-10 09:17 PM
    mmmmm - my problem is similar but different. I've just upgraded to a bold from a pearl and also changed provider, therefore the VM# has also changed. I can't seem to even delete the damn number assigned to the w#1. can't change it, delete it, copy over the top of it, edit it, can't do nuffing! have tried removing battery while on. I'm sure there's a genius out there who can solve this!
    07-06-10 01:44 AM
    this was alot of help thankz!
    08-05-10 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD