is there a way to disable the Enhanced Gmail Plug-in in OS .230? It is not that I don't like it, I do, but it is more of a vanity kind of thing cause the simple white icon they associate to it is ugly and don't work with any of my wallpapers. I would like to use the icon my theme has assiocated to email boxes. Thanks for any and all help.
    09-30-09 01:15 PM
    Yes connect your phone to BBSAK, and remove every .cod file from the phone that begins with "net_rim_bb_gmail". This will remove the plug-in and you will be left with normal e-mail icon and functionality.
    09-30-09 09:04 PM
    Yes connect your phone to BBSAK, and remove every .cod file from the phone that begins with "net_rim_bb_gmail". This will remove the plug-in and you will be left with normal e-mail icon and functionality.
    That .cod does not exist sorry to say.
    09-30-09 09:39 PM
    Doesn't exist where? On your phone? Anywhere? It's the gmail enhanced plug-in for .230 I promise you.
    10-01-09 05:58 AM
    I couldnt get my gmail app to work with .230... but you guys did??
    10-01-09 01:54 PM
    I couldnt get my gmail app to work with .230... but you guys did??
    There's a difference between the gmail app you download from google, and the "enhanced gmail plug-in" that works on gmail email accounts set up on your phone. He's talking about the later.
    10-01-09 02:28 PM
    Doesn't exist where? On your phone? Anywhere? It's the gmail enhanced plug-in for .230 I promise you.
    If you open BBSAK, there IS NO .cod called "net_rim_bb_gmail" IT DOES NOT EXIST. Therefore it cannot be removed. The closest to that is "net_rim_bb_email" Which will disable your email function completely if removed.
    10-01-09 02:53 PM
    If you open BBSAK, there IS NO .cod called "net_rim_bb_gmail" IT DOES NOT EXIST. Therefore it cannot be removed. The closest to that is "net_rim_bb_email" Which will disable your email function completely if removed.
    dankblaze.....if you used Shrink-A-OS and removed gmail when you installed, you will find the "net_rim_bb_gmail.cod" files in the "removed" folder. It definitely DOES exist!
    10-01-09 03:43 PM
    lol if you don't have it on your phone than you don't have the plug-in! I don't know what more to say here. Shall I post screen shots showing the .cod's on my phone?
    10-01-09 09:10 PM
    lol if you don't have it on your phone than you don't have the plug-in! I don't know what more to say here. Shall I post screen shots showing the .cod's on my phone?
    This is true. jlawler and I were discussing how to get it working on my phone on a thread I created a few days ago. They are there unless you removed them while using Shrink-A-OS and if that is the case then they will be in your removed folder.
    10-01-09 09:22 PM
    Seems like you are missing the point here. If you have the plugin on your phone the net_rim_bb_gmail cod IS on your phone. Take a look in applications --> modules and you will see it. Just use BBSAK to remove the file from your device and you will not have the plugin installed anymore.
    11-10-09 09:50 AM

just click the name bar on the top screen to put all the CODs in alphabetical order and then just find the circled files ^_^

How To:
    1) Click Modify CODs tab
    2) Read System
    3) when the list comes up, find the circled files
    4) Select all three
    5) Remove CODs

Phone reboots and you're done ^_^
    adamfalkofske likes this.
    11-11-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD