What is the right way to set Google Voice and the new A-list so the calls are free?

I understand there are 3 ways of using GV.
    1) Dialing yout number/PIN/option 2/then the number (you dial your GV number)
    2) using the GV website (you get a phone call from your GV number), the person gest a phone call from your GV number.
    3) using the BB app. The app makes your phone dial another number (not your GV number) the person you are calling sees your GV number.

Now, when someone calls your GV number you get a call with either your GV number on the CID or the persons number, depending to your settings.

So my questions are.
    Should I list the 2 numbers in my A-list? (the GV number, and the number that the BB App uses)
    When someone dials my GV number, what is actually happening? would that be a free call for me, if I have the GV number in the A-list? or will AT&T recognize that that call is coming from another number and not my GV number?

There are a couple of questions, and I know this could be confusing.
    Let me know if I need to explain further.

THANKS!
    09-30-09 11:25 AM
    I am also interesting in this. The Tmo guys seem to have the system down to a science.
    09-30-09 12:39 PM
    Where are you finding a Google Voice application for the Bold I have looked everywhere and even the Google site tells you to just use their mobile page.
    10-08-09 04:39 PM
    10-08-09 06:28 PM
    Google seems to have killed their app for the blackberry, maybe it has something to do with the carriers? idk. I luckily have the app file, all i need is someone to host it for an ota or i can just throw it on megaupload or something, if there is an interest just reply to this thread and ill get it worked out.
    Last edited by CBRfanatic; 10-08-09 at 08:07 PM.
    10-08-09 08:05 PM
    my bb got fried last night when i installed new BBM so i lost my GV app if anyone has the file can you email it to me pleaseeee
    10-08-09 08:40 PM
    Really? I've been waiting for another update, but they've taken it down?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 01:00 AM
    from your BB go to m.google.com/voice and you should be able to download it.
    10-09-09 08:58 PM
    Here is the way I have my set up. I hope this help. I add the GV App to my Blackberry. I place the number that the GV App dials for all the out going calls on my A-List. When that number changes I will update my A-list. THis way all the calls that I make with the GV App are FREE.

As to the incoming, I have GV pass along the true Caller ID. I use my GV number as a business line for all my clients so I want to know who is calling me.

That is my setup, so far it is working awesome. I have been on GV since June and I love it. This is a life saver for me. I switched all my clients to that number and that way I am able to control the phone calls.

Thank you Google Voice!!
    10-09-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD