Hey guys,

Fed up with the build quality of the Pre. Love WebOS, but its not as pleasant and experience when you fear your phone will come apart when you slide it open.

So, I was wondering if the Tour has the ability that lets say Friend A phones me, and were on the phone and talking. Meanwhile Friend B sends me a text message.

Does the Tour have the ability for me to go, reply to that text message to Friend B while still holding the call with Friend A?

That maybe a stupid question, but I like being able to do that.

Also, is the Opera browser sort of on par with the Pre/iPhone. I really enjoy the full browser on the Pre. I see sites how I would normally see them on the computer. Can the Tour do this?

Thanks guys.
    09-30-09 04:07 AM
    I have the Pre, the Storm and the Tour and the Tour is by far the best.

I too like Web OS and the Storms touch screen and initial constant flow of leaked OS's, but the tour is where it is at. yes to all your questions and MORE.

i dont work for BB, or have any invested interest, I just want you to know you are on the right path my friend.

Im in china on business and just unlocked my phone to use with the China Mobil Sim cards. WORKS GREAT!!!!
    09-30-09 05:24 AM
    I too just swithed from a Pre to the Tour !! The Pre is a fun little device however the Tour is THE choice to make!! Good Luck!
    09-30-09 11:30 PM
    I too just swithed from a Pre to the Tour !! The Pre is a fun little device however the Tour is THE choice to make!! Good Luck!
    i agree 100%...!!
    09-30-09 11:32 PM
    Yes, you can send a txt while on the phone with someone on the Tour.
    09-30-09 11:53 PM
    Currently have a Pre, and returning it for a Tour on Friday. I will try to remember to provide an update once it's in my hands. I will say, I'm not a fan of the Pre though at all. It could be such a great device, but Web OS is still in it's infancy.

Based on the above posts, it looks like I've made the right decision. Even the guys at the Sprint store were not suprised to see me return the Pre for the Tour. They kind of gave me the "I told you so" look.
    10-01-09 12:14 AM
    I thought that the Tour (and all CDMA phones) can't do voice and data at the same time? I think it saves the text message until you're done talking, right?

I've been thinking about trading the Tour for a Pre when it comes out on VZW. WebOS looks so much more advanced than BBOS and I assume that they'll have a lot more apps by the time it comes around to the VZW. Blackberry's OS is great for work and productivity, but it's not very fun. I'd love to hear what kind of experience you guys have if you switch.
    10-01-09 12:36 AM
    I just did the same thing and am INCREDIBLY happy with the Tour.

WebOS LOOKS more advanced for sure... but that's as far as it goes, the BB OS doesn't look as fun, but it can do so much more. One thing that I really missed on the Pre (and even on an iPhone) was the lack of a dedicated phone and hangup button. It's funny the little things that make a HUGE difference.
    10-01-09 12:47 AM
    I tried loving the Pre and the iPhone but I can't because there are things that in my daily life that makes blackberry far superior than a fancy os touchscreen phone. Blackberry keeps me productive and socially more connected. I use emails, MSN, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger and BBM heavily and those are apps that works well with blackberry push technology.

The blackberry browser does suck on blackberry but just a few more months BB OS 5 will be release then a new bb browser will be ready. I think this is the only thing that blackberry fall behind from the Pre and iPhone. Either then that, I think blackberry are the most perfect phone on todays market.
    10-01-09 01:00 AM
    I sold my iPhone for a bold, and then sold that and cancelled my att contract. I now have a Tour and a Pre, and im about to sell my Pre, as the Tour is the most complete phone that i have ever owned. The Pre is great for the internet, and wifi, but thats about it. Has horrible battery life, i could go on and on about things i hate about the Pre, and the crazy part is im a sprint employee.

Make the switch, you wont regret it
    10-01-09 09:22 AM
    I know exactly what you mean by the phone coming apart when you slide open the kb. The biggest peeve I have with the Pre was the creaky keyboard when you were typing on it. Reminiscent of a plastic toy not to mention the keyboard is terrible small.

Yes, I do tend to miss touchscreen every now and then but the upside of the Tour outweighs that tremendously.
    10-01-09 09:57 AM
    I know exactly what you mean by the phone coming apart when you slide open the kb. The biggest peeve I have with the Pre was the creaky keyboard when you were typing on it. Reminiscent of a plastic toy not to mention the keyboard is terrible small.

Yes, I do tend to miss touchscreen every now and then but the upside of the Tour outweighs that tremendously.
    i couldn't have said it better!
    the pre should be made by mattel, its too plasticky and just didn't feel like it would hold up very long!
    but web OS was amazing, and i miss that.
    10-01-09 10:19 AM
    I thought that the Tour (and all CDMA phones) can't do voice and data at the same time? I think it saves the text message until you're done talking, right?

I've been thinking about trading the Tour for a Pre when it comes out on VZW. WebOS looks so much more advanced than BBOS and I assume that they'll have a lot more apps by the time it comes around to the VZW. Blackberry's OS is great for work and productivity, but it's not very fun. I'd love to hear what kind of experience you guys have if you switch.
    CDMA does not allow for voice and data at the same time, you are right there. But it does not send SMS as 'data', so you can send and receive text messages while on the phone.

Someone correct me if I am wrong
    10-01-09 12:25 PM
    Maybe I'm alone on this, but does anyone else NOT like the way WebOS handles multitasking? I mean, you're always staring at these damn cards. You pick up the phone, there's cards all over the screen. Yeah, you can close them out, but then when you have to reopen the app you'll get a good 2-3 second lag every time.

I much prefer the way BB handles multitasking: keep the apps running without being see. You can have all of the open apps you want, without having them sitting on your homescreen in the form a big (or even small) card. When you want to get to your open apps, either hold down the BB menu button or hold down the Alt button and hit the Back button. Just seems to make more sense to me.

And yes, I too switched from the Pre to the Tour and I find the Tour to be vastly better. I'm also not a fan of the Opera browser which is not on par with the Pre's browser. If web browsing is your main concern, you might want to keep that Pre. If you're more interested in having a good phone, get yourself a Tour.

Edit: The only thing I don't like about the Tour is lack of WIFI. +1 for the Pre on that.
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 10-01-09 at 01:21 PM.
    10-01-09 01:19 PM
    Yes, you can definitely send and receive SMS while on a call. SMS is on the voice network, not data. I do it all the time on my Vzw Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 01:32 PM
    Yes to SMS but won't work for BBM. No VoIP.

Hey guys,

Fed up with the build quality of the Pre. Love WebOS, but its not as pleasant and experience when you fear your phone will come apart when you slide it open.

So, I was wondering if the Tour has the ability that lets say Friend A phones me, and were on the phone and talking. Meanwhile Friend B sends me a text message.

Does the Tour have the ability for me to go, reply to that text message to Friend B while still holding the call with Friend A?

That maybe a stupid question, but I like being able to do that.

Also, is the Opera browser sort of on par with the Pre/iPhone. I really enjoy the full browser on the Pre. I see sites how I would normally see them on the computer. Can the Tour do this?

Thanks guys.
    10-01-09 02:22 PM
    I made the mistake of going from the Curve with Nextel to a Pre. Hated it! Didn't miss the direct connect so I went with the Tour! Could not be happier! Yes you may SMS while on a call.

I do still touch the screen every now and then by mistake, lol.
    10-01-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD