Does anyone have that? My battery last for around 3 hrs with little texting use.
    09-29-09 10:55 PM
    Sorry man. mine is going on 36 hours with a single charge and is only down to 45% according to my status. Have made three 30 min. phone calls, some texting and mms.
    09-29-09 10:59 PM
    Mine barley lasts the day.
    Today it came off the dock at 9am and was drained by 9pm.
    09-29-09 11:07 PM
    Mine barley lasts the day.
    Today it came off the dock at 9am and was drained by 9pm.
    I've been having battery life problems as well. I'm getting roughly 15 hours with light phone use and medium data use. I have found that setting GPS to e911 only boosts the battery life by 4+ hours. I didn't have to do this on previous builds and I can't find anything that's running and using GPS the time that would justify this drain' but it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:18 PM
    try putting your network settings on 1XEV and not GSM or Global. You will save tons of battery by doing this.
    09-29-09 11:25 PM
    My battery is excellent with .230
    09-29-09 11:37 PM
    My battery is excellent with .230
    so is mine
    09-30-09 12:54 AM
    try putting your network settings on 1XEV and not GSM or Global. You will save tons of battery by doing this.
    Can you explain how 1XEV will save battery used over GSM / Global ? TQ
    09-30-09 05:33 AM
    Previous OS, I couldn't make it to 8pm.. Now I have at least 40% with hard use...
    09-30-09 06:00 AM
    Mine seems to drain faster then before was on .151. I'm also having problems with memorey. Did a battery pull yesterday around noon and at 9 that night I had 0mb. Got a screen that showed me all my apps and how much I use them with box beside each one so I could delete which one I wanted too. I didn't but I did do a battery pull and it came back to 33.4mb. Got a bad leak somewhere.

09-30-09 07:59 AM
    Can you explain how 1XEV will save battery used over GSM / Global ? TQ
    Does that take away from your service though? Especially because in some areas I cannot even get 1XEV, so having 1X or 1x is better than nothing, does that stop the phone from using those modes? My battery life on .203 is beyond horrible, so whatever works.
    10-01-09 11:08 AM
    My battery life has been awesome on .230 Maybe it is time for a new battery for you. I think if you go to Verizon I saw somewhere that they are supposed to replace your battery for you. I have my screen dim set to 10% which is still plenty bright to see everything and I have it set to dim after 10 seconds and if I want it to stay on longer I just use Leaveiton for that. I also have mine set to 1XEV instead of global which helps. I never leave anything open and running in the background unless I am multi tasking which helps alot. But for the OP 3 hours is definitly a problem with the battery itself I would say. Good luck
    10-01-09 11:13 AM
    I just had to get a new phone, im pretty sure they gave me a new battery with it so that isnt it. I also always try to close out programs, but I can try that 10%, right now I have it on 60%.
    10-01-09 11:18 AM
    My battery life is a little shorter on 230 as opposed to 151, but I think its because I was messing with the OS so much because of all the little quirks. But it still usually lasts throughout my waking hours..
    Last edited by buckifvr; 10-01-09 at 11:21 AM. Reason: add
    10-01-09 11:20 AM
    I just had to get a new phone, im pretty sure they gave me a new battery with it so that isnt it. I also always try to close out programs, but I can try that 10%, right now I have it on 60%.
    Yeah definitly turn down the screen brightness which will help and change how long it takes for the screen to dim. I used to have mine set to 30 seconds and changed it to 10 seconds which surprisingly increased battery length alot. There really is no point in having the screen stay on for that long after you set it down. If it was a brand new phone then yeah there is probably a new battery but if you didnt give it a proper charge the very first time then that will effect the battery life for the life of the battery. You are supposed to leave it charging for hours and hours for the first charge. Either way to me it still smells like a defective initial charge or possibly a defective battery. I actually have 2 batteries and keep one in my backpack just in case I'm somewhere where there is no charger outlet. I picked up the spare for $10 on ebay.
    10-01-09 11:26 AM
    I'm having a really good battery life on .230, going throught 2 days of use isn't a problem anymore, with a few phone calls a day, a lot of SMS and browsing. Like 1967LS2 said, your battery is probably defective.

10-01-09 11:38 AM
    Does anyone have that? My battery last for around 3 hrs with little texting use.
    Every morning I pull my phone off the charger at 7:00a (fully charged), I listen to music, and use the phone for texting, web browsing (Oprah 5 beta), and reading Twitter (UberTwitter refresh every 15m, using cell tower for location). For the one and a half hour train ride into the City. So the following is based on doing the same thing day after day, no change in activity:

Prior to .230 installation (last night at 11:30p EST), the above would leave me at 92-95% battery usage.

This morning (and yeah I know I'm not giving more samples), I was at 84% battery when I got into the office.

So either .230 needs to bake a bit more on my phone, or its using more battery to do the same things that I do every day. Additionally last night after installing I had to change the phone from Global to 1EXV (as suggested by other posters). The battery usage is not really a problem for me, because when I'm parked at a desk (home or office) its plugged into the USB.

Just figured I'd share my battery usage experience.
    10-01-09 11:53 AM
    Try what has been suggested above and change your settings to 1XEV. If that does not help you can try, from your home location a *228 then 1, to reprogram your phone. It may be possible that your phone is somehow now attempting to connect to another service. During that search, alot of battery power can be used. Maybe your upgrade to .230 is making the phone look for something else. *228 will activate your phone for service. I did it to mine right after the update and my battery is great with ALOT of texts, phone usage, music usage and watching videos.

Hopefully this may help you.
    10-01-09 03:07 PM
    Yeah definitly turn down the screen brightness which will help and change how long it takes for the screen to dim. I used to have mine set to 30 seconds and changed it to 10 seconds which surprisingly increased battery length alot. There really is no point in having the screen stay on for that long after you set it down. If it was a brand new phone then yeah there is probably a new battery but if you didnt give it a proper charge the very first time then that will effect the battery life for the life of the battery. You are supposed to leave it charging for hours and hours for the first charge. Either way to me it still smells like a defective initial charge or possibly a defective battery. I actually have 2 batteries and keep one in my backpack just in case I'm somewhere where there is no charger outlet. I picked up the spare for $10 on ebay.

I'm getting much better batt life with 230

10-01-09 05:59 PM
    If you dont plan on leaving the US you dont need your setting on global. By setting it to 1XEV your phone will stop searching for a GSM signal and therefore you will save battery live. The GSM is not used on the storm in the US.
    10-01-09 06:07 PM
    I have it, but feel as though it is driven by my bluetooth earpiece. .230 positively impacted my battery life, and when I go a full day without using a bt connection, my b-life is superb, which leads my to believe its that.

However, all of these phone seem to act differently, and you'll have to open it up to a larger sample.
    10-01-09 07:40 PM
    mine seems to be fine although i WAS late to work today because even though i turned my phone off before going to bed (with about 20% left), it still managed to die and thus not turn on when my alarm was to go off.
    10-01-09 08:29 PM
    I would say i am getting about 40% more battery life with .230 than .191
    it got even better after i disabled battery logger and quincy ( have not figured out how to remove them since i installed 191).
    10-01-09 08:59 PM
    Sorry man. mine is going on 36 hours with a single charge and is only down to 45% according to my status. Have made three 30 min. phone calls, some texting and mms.
    I'm having the same experience you are. Longer battery life with normal usage on the phone. I know I got tons of emails and got and made a couple of calls today, battery is still in the first bar. It's almost full.
    10-01-09 09:21 PM
    I think some have also forgot about the location aiding being turned off in the GPS part of not in use. Under options/advanced/GPS. Set location aiding to off and GPS services to E911 only.

10-02-09 12:14 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD