I just purchased a car phone holder for the Storm. The phone snaps in, probably similar to the belt "holster". When I put the phone in the mount, I can't operate the touchscreen. Are there settings somewhere that I can change to allow the screen to respond when in a holster?

09-29-09 03:56 PM
    The Storm has to be grounded in order for the touch screen to work. While the phone is in the holster, touch it on the side or back with a finger, then the screen should work. Weird I know, but that's the way it is.
    09-29-09 04:08 PM
    Yea what he said. If you take the battery cover off you will see four small gold pins and they touch the battery cover. That's why the battery cover is metal so when u touch it with your hands u ground the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 08:12 PM
    Thanks! That worked. So, if I have it plugged into the car charger, that should also complete the ground circuit? This is actually mounted on my motorcycle handlebar and I haven't wired up the power yet.
    09-30-09 07:10 AM
    I found that when it was on my dash mount if I used the flat part of my finger not the tip it would work.
    09-30-09 08:43 AM
    bump this up because this is annoying. my car charger is coming soon so ill test the ground theory. In theory is should react the same way with a pc usb charger, will test when i get home.
    12-02-09 12:10 PM
    I havent' tested this further because I bought a cheap holder from eBay. It clamps from the sides and pinches the screen and doesn't allow it to move. I am going to order one from Crackberry because they seem to hold the phone via the top and the bottom. Don't buy the ones on ebay, waste of money.
    12-03-09 07:21 AM
    this is the one i got with the same problem.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=LdC0rWFk
    I noticed there's a different brand, an Igoose mount. I don't think either will fix the grounding issue. Power might though, forgot to test it out
    12-04-09 02:15 PM
    Thanks! That worked. So, if I have it plugged into the car charger, that should also complete the ground circuit? This is actually mounted on my motorcycle handlebar and I haven't wired up the power yet.
    texting or touching the phone while driving is bad enough...but doing it while on a motorcycle is just plain irresponsible and idiotic not to mention very very dangerous.

12-04-09 03:09 PM
    texting or touching the phone while driving is bad enough...but doing it while on a motorcycle is just plain irresponsible and idiotic not to mention very very dangerous.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

12-04-09 03:47 PM

And you know this how? Feminine intuition?
    I have more trouble using my in-dash GPS in my car than I do one mounted on my bike's tank as the one on the bike is more in line with my looking straight down the road.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 12-04-09 at 06:26 PM.
    12-04-09 06:21 PM
    If you are mounting to a motorcycle, I think I would use a RAM mount made specifically for motorcycles. I am going to order one next spring to mount my Storm to my motorcycle.
    12-04-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD