After reading countless threads/posts about the Storm 2's release, OS, WIFI, GPS, and all other features I have come to the conclusion that maybe a lot of ppl should just wait to put our 2 cents in untill we've gotten our hands on the phone. Some say its just like the Storm 1 others say its different. We've all seen the videos, read the reviews and such... So who else is going to wait untill they get their hands on it to form an opinion?
    09-29-09 01:16 PM
    I am taking the same stance that I took when the S1 was released.

Wait with high expectations for the release. Then see how far short of those expectations the device falls. Finally decide whether it is worth the compromise.

In the case of the S1 I am glad I waited. We shall see with the Deuce.
    09-29-09 01:22 PM
    That's right, whats the point of getting all hyped up over a dud... Or bashing a decent phone before you have gotten your hands on it.
    09-29-09 01:23 PM
    LOL I have made opinions on the phone already to my self but nothing on its function i am reserving that till like you said i have one in my hands to play with. Ill admit im very excited by what i have read but as with any phone it has to suit the users needs. I will def be getting this phone because the S1 suited my needs and if the S2 is better then what the S1 was when it first came out im golden. But untill then i think the only ones truely capable of any real judgement on the S2 are the ones testing them. And since they are quite knoldgeable on BB's i trust thier opinions but still want to play with one for my self to make my own observations.
    09-29-09 01:28 PM
    You're right. Let's not discuss anything about the Odin on the Odin forums until it's actually released.

Seriously, it really doesn't matter who thinks what about which phone when in the end it comes down to you having the device in your hand before coming to any sort of conclusion, does it? Let the people say what they want. That's what these forums are for.
    09-29-09 06:42 PM
    I have been extremely happy with my Storm 1. Most of the problems others have had have eluded myself. I am still on the original from 11/21. The Storm 2 will be in my hands when it is released. The memory alone is worth it to me. Yes, there will be WiFi so that should be fun, but I still have enjoyed the Storm 1 without WiFi.
    Will the Storm 2 be the second coming. I really doubt it. Will it be an improved Storm 1, I believe so. That's all it's supposed to be anyway!
    09-29-09 08:05 PM
    I have a strong feeling that when the storm 2 comes out that its going to be just like storm 1's launch.... all **** is going to break out...

i mean this fourm already needs a Rants and raves fourm and the phones not even out yet
    09-29-09 09:00 PM
    I'm going to get it almost no matter what. As long as the price isn't like.. SUPER ridiculous, I'm going to get this phone.

My 8130 just doesn't cut it anymore.. the screen is too small for internet browsing anymore, it doesn't have GPS capability like any other BB(you know, the type where the accuracy is a million times more accurate), the memory sucks, etc.

I realize that almost any other BB phone would be sufficient, however, I strongly dislike QWERTY keyboards, and I liked how the Storm and Storm 2 can be used either way. I'm going to get the phone and give it a shot. Software bugs or not, it will be more capable than my Pearl...
    09-29-09 09:23 PM
    I'm going to get it almost no matter what. As long as the price isn't like.. SUPER ridiculous, I'm going to get this phone.

My 8130 just doesn't cut it anymore.. the screen is too small for internet browsing anymore, it doesn't have GPS capability like any other BB(you know, the type where the accuracy is a million times more accurate), the memory sucks, etc.

I realize that almost any other BB phone would be sufficient, however, I strongly dislike QWERTY keyboards, and I liked how the Storm and Storm 2 can be used either way. I'm going to get the phone and give it a shot. Software bugs or not, it will be more capable than my Pearl...
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't wait to upgrade from my Pearl.
    09-29-09 09:55 PM
    After reading countless threads/posts about the Storm 2's release, OS, WIFI, GPS, and all other features I have come to the conclusion that maybe a lot of ppl should just wait to put our 2 cents in untill we've gotten our hands on the phone. Some say its just like the Storm 1 others say its different. We've all seen the videos, read the reviews and such... So who else is going to wait untill they get their hands on it to form an opinion?
    I don't know whether to wait or buy (another, hopefully fixed) Tour while they're still two-for-one priced so my wife can get one. If I wait for the S2, the sale will be over. Also, after reading the mini-review here from the guy who actually played with it, I'm not so excited anymore. Perhaps I can get alone without WiFi, though I'd hate to. I don't want a heavy brick to carry around.
    09-29-09 10:11 PM
    People are going to talk about a phone before it releases, just like anything else before it releases, does it really matter what others think?
    09-29-09 11:13 PM
    IMO I can't wait for it. I love my S1 but can't wait to see it go! But I wouldn't give it up for any other phone. Well maybe a Tour but that's pushing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 05:55 AM
    I'm just glad that to see that there are other "pathetic" people like me who immediately check CB in the morning to see if there is even the smallest morsel of new information. It used to be a smoke with my coffee in the morning...now it is coffee and crackberry.
    09-30-09 09:00 AM
    I'm just glad that to see that there are other "pathetic" people like me who immediately check CB in the morning to see if there is even the smallest morsel of new information. It used to be a smoke with my coffee in the morning...now it is coffee and crackberry.
    Can you say AMEN!
    09-30-09 09:16 AM
    After reading countless threads/posts about the Storm 2's release I DECIDED TO MAKE YET ANOTHER POINTLESS THREAD ABOUT THE STORM 2 BECAUSE I FEEL THE NEED TO FEEL POPULAR.
    edited so we can just cut to the chase.
    09-30-09 09:26 AM
    You're right. Let's not discuss anything about the Odin on the Odin forums until it's actually released.

Seriously, it really doesn't matter who thinks what about which phone when in the end it comes down to you having the device in your hand before coming to any sort of conclusion, does it? Let the people say what they want. That's what these forums are for.
    He was just forming his own opinion-not once did he say we shouldn't discuss it. Chill out, bro. SERIOUSLY, Let people say what they want to say" I believe is how someone put it

09-30-09 10:20 AM
    amen......
    09-30-09 10:21 AM
    He was just forming his own opinion-not once did he say we shouldn't discuss it. Chill out, bro. SERIOUSLY, Let people say what they want to say" I believe is how someone put it
    Oh really? You may want to read his post again. He thinks a lot of us should wait until the phone's released before discussing it, which defeats the purpose of having any prerelease forums in the first place. I'm also quite aware that he's "forming his own opinion". That's what people tend to do when they post here, you know...

09-30-09 11:28 AM
    Oh really? You may want to read his post again. He thinks a lot of us should wait until the phone's released before discussing it, which defeats the purpose of having any prerelease forums in the first place. I'm also quite aware that he's "forming his own opinion". That's what people tend to do when they post here, you know...

Misunderstanding. What I meant to say was sure if you have had your hands on the phone then grab your two pennies and throw them in. But for people to just speculate... Whats the point? Personally I have only read things on here as most of us have and watched the videos released by sal & co. so I will be waiting. I didn't mean stop talking about it, it would just be nice if there wasn't so many bs posts from people speculating.
    And yeah chill out this isn't a personal attack I'm not naming people here.
    09-30-09 02:10 PM
    Gee, I don't know. It's as if people were excited and really looking forward to the storm 2 or something... Honestly, I think it's really na�ve if you think people won't speculate on anything that's highly anticipated before its release. It's like talking to your friends about an upcoming party. "Well, there will be plenty of food and people, but I think i'll reserve judgement about whether or not it was an awesome party until after it's finished..." Yeah. It's not going to happen.

09-30-09 05:48 PM
    Gee, I don't know. It's as if people were excited and really looking forward to the storm 2 or something... Honestly, I think it's really na�ve if you think people won't speculate on anything that's highly anticipated before its release. It's like talking to your friends about an upcoming party. "Well, there will be plenty of food and people, but I think i'll reserve judgement about whether or not it was an awesome party until after it's finished..." Yeah. It's not going to happen.

LOL Its like talking about an upcoming party that may or may not have beer, may or may not be busted by the po, and the house may or may not set on fire. If all this happened at the last party would you wait to see how this next party was going to go?
    10-01-09 10:03 AM
    LOL Its like talking about an upcoming party that may or may not have beer, may or may not be busted by the po, and the house may or may not set on fire. If all this happened at the last party would you wait to see how this next party was going to go?
    Any adults on here?
    10-01-09 10:09 AM
    From everything I have read, it is basically a S1 with Wifi. The screen is more responsive, and I love this, you can't see light around the screen.

Not until I hear that all the bugs are worked out and they are 2 for 1 will I buy one before my contract is up.

I am not being RIM's ginnea pig anymore.

But it is funny that other than WiFi, everything else listed is just window dressing. No huge OS improvments.

I get it when the S3 is coming out in 10 months
    10-01-09 11:55 AM
    Any adults on here?
    Why can't adults have parties like this? I'm 31, very successful and still party like this. Getting older doesn't mean you have to become a lamer.

Last edited by TallyHo; 10-01-09 at 02:50 PM.
    10-01-09 12:11 PM
    MBG22 Dont know if you saw this but heres is Sals outlook

Why to upgrade from a Storm 1:

1) The touchscreen is superior on the Storm 2

2) The OS is FAST, so we won't see the same buggy released OS on the Storm 1

3) More memory

4) No light leaks like the storm 1 around the edges of the screen.

5) WiFi

6) A little bit more colors on the screen

7) The screen is a "little" larger on the 2nd one.

Why wouldn't the phone do well? or Why wouldn't you consider it a nice upgrade from the Storm 1?

This is the part where people have to be smart:

1) If you like keyboards and not touchscreens PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS PHONE.

2) If you are expecting this phone to be like an iPhone PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS PHONE.

3) If you already love your storm 1 PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS PHONE.

This is mostly to all of us that wanted an AMAZING Storm 1 and feel like we never got it.

Those are my 2 cents here, because soon we will start seeing more threads like this one and/or people just complaining about the phone not making them waffles in the morning for breakfast.
    10-01-09 12:15 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD