I read stuff on this site daily and I'm so scared to do anything with my storm. I guess there are no "official" updates from Verizon. I have problems with mine being slow, always doing batterypulls, freezing up etc. This is all Greek to me. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me choose the correct OS for me and walk me though the upgrade. It's a lot to ask I know but you guys are so savy at this. I have 4.7.0.148 and it sounds like there is something better out there. If anyone is willing to help me and has some free time at their disposal I would appreciate the help. I'm in Col Ohio and can do it in the evening..............
    09-29-09 11:23 AM
    If you don't find help here try posting in the storm forum. Wish I could help but I know nothing about optimizing a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:26 AM
    NSALONY- If you go to the link below it will show you links to instructions on how to upgrade to the current OS for your BB. There is also a list of what the current OS is for each BB listed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/bl...r-page-274590/

Hope this helps.
    09-29-09 04:37 PM
    Don't be scared to do stuff with your phone. Most people can upgrade the os and work with apps and themes just fine. The link that ibbeach0 posted is a really good place to go to get info on upgrading.
    09-29-09 04:40 PM
    thanks for the support - I'll give it a try!
    09-30-09 06:36 AM
    Lol I am in Columbus too. All the resources and support you need are on Crackberry. Bricking my phone was the best noob learning experience for me. If it happens don't panic because it is not that big of a deal. Once you learn to load an OS, it only make your blackberry experience more fun. If I can do it you sure as h�11 can do it!

09-30-09 09:00 AM
    let's hope your right! I'm hoping to try it this Sunday. By the way what does "bricking" mean?
    10-01-09 06:36 AM
    Basically an error 507 or 504, I can't remember which one, that means your phone has no OS on it. It is a little tricky to get out of but as long as your loader recognizes the OS on your Cpu, you can get it loaded and booted up with minimal stress. Just don't freak because it really isn't that big of a deal and make sure you read and read and then read some more all the crackberry resources at your disposal. Print them off would be a good idea. Focus on the instructions, because at first glance it may sound simple but there are very specific steps you need to take and a "misinterpretation" of the instruction could lead to frustration.

10-01-09 01:45 PM
    Just like what was said above, if you follow the instructions given in the various threads you will be just fine. Printing them out is best, cause you need to follow them step by step. Do anything and everything they say to do.
    10-01-09 02:26 PM
    Bricking your phone is time consuming, but it's a good experience to have. It's rewarding to do things to your phone the average person can't. I don't know about the storm, but there's a ton of information on this site. Upgrading an OS is a good skill to have. I've bricked my berry more times than I can count getting my 8320 where I want it. You'll get there.

10-01-09 02:37 PM
    I want to try it. But I am so scared. I read the step by step instructions. There was a lot "at your own risk" things. I really do want to. The BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series, I am talking about.
    Update: I finally did it! I upgraded to the 5.0 .238. So far I like it.
    Last edited by luvmyhubby; 10-13-09 at 12:47 PM.
    10-10-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD