Its nearly 4am eastern time....I have been at this since getting off at 8pm...upgraded to 5.0 OS, (I apologize if this is in the wrong forum..blame the insomnia) everything went great...I already knew that the bbm 5.0 or 2.5 or whatever we are calling it these days would not work(tho, a coworker says he has it with his 5.0 OS on his storm) so I was happy with downgrading to 4.7 for now...but I cant get it to work....I have tried so many links that others said works....I have loaded and reloaded using DM...I can not get 4.7, its not listed as an option at all in DM....at this point I dont care if I get 4.5, I just need bbm to live right now.....pls pls someone help me...I have never used anything other than bbm 5.0 on my Tour since I had it on my curve before it. I cant think of anything important...I just need bbm back...have I mentioned that yet? 5.0 the OS is great btw...thanks in advance for any help
    09-29-09 02:48 AM
    I'm sure you will get plenty of advice just not sure how much at this hour. I honestly don't know much abour BBM or OS5 but I figured I would throw out some of the usuall try this stuff while you wait for more experienced help.

Have you done a battery pull and rebooted your pc to get a clean start? Have you removed BBM5 from your BB before trying to install a lower version? I am not sure if BBM loads to your computer but if it does make sure it's not on there before you try to install 4.7. I toss this out in the hopes that the long hours and late night have left you missing something simple.

Good Luck
    09-29-09 02:54 AM
    Yes....I have done all of those....thanks for the advice....like you said I am sure by the time I get up ( at 10am lol) I should have some responses....thanks again
    09-29-09 02:57 AM
    Try disconnecting from the internet. Connect the BB to the PC and go to C/drive > program files > common files > Research in Motion > Apploader. In that folder you will see the apploader icon click it and when the loader starts you will see the apps loaded on the Tour. Make sure BBM is ticked. Once its ticked hit 'finish' and the apploader will load the BBM 4.7

Oh i'm assuming you have the 5.0 installed on the PC already.
    09-29-09 03:02 AM
    ** Backup the device before doing this **

Install (if you deleted it already) the same OS 5.0 which you are running at the moment.
    Delete vendor.xml file
    Run loader.exe (at the same location as vendor.xml file)
    Make sure Blackberry Messenger is checked in the list of applications
    Click Next/Finish

Hope this helps
    Last edited by ST79; 09-29-09 at 04:24 AM.
    09-29-09 03:29 AM
    ** Backup the device before doing this **

Remove OS 5.0 from your PC
    Download and Install the preferred 4.7 OS
    Delete vendor.xml file
    Run loader.exe (at the same location as vendor.xml file)
    Make sure Blackberry Messenger is checked in the list of applications
    Click Next/Finish

Hope this helps
    I had to reread the post myself, but I think she is looking to keep OS 5.0 but wants a working BBM since 5.0 is not working on the 5.0 OS for her. She want 4.7 BBM or what ever as she says...lol
    09-29-09 03:56 AM
    On the idea of waht ST is saying... do this.

DON'T uninstall 5.0 from your PC
    Go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader directory (or something similar)
    Delete Vendor.xml
    Run apploader.exe

You should have an option for Blackberry Messenger and it's unchecked and maybe a BBM 5 that's checked. Check the "unchecked one" and if 5 is there uncheck it (it's probably not there)

Click NEXT

You should get a screen that only says it will add BBM and not the full list like normal (since you already have 5.0.0.XXX installed)

It should add BBM for you

When I upgraded to 5.0 on my 8330 I had no BBM due to previously having 5 installed. So I had to install it via this method.

It's just like STM said, but 5.0 comes with 4.7 but 5.0 trumped it during install and doesn't work.
    09-29-09 04:00 AM
    I had to reread the post myself, but I think she is looking to keep OS 5.0 but wants a working BBM since 5.0 is not working on the 5.0 OS for her. She want 4.7 BBM or what ever as she says...lol
    Sorry bro ... my bad Thought she wanna downgrade to OS 4.7 and want bbm 4.7 ...

** Edited my post ** Thanks for letting me know
    09-29-09 04:23 AM
    First of thanks to all of you and your replies....I did what you guys said, but in the RIM folder I only saw apploader.dll and I couldnt open it...I dont think when I downloaded the leaked OS last nigth that I saved the files...I only ran, anyhow, I just came across a hybrid on this site and I am gonna see what I can do with that...I had to install a hybrid on my curve and it worked great....Im gonna let you gentlemen know what happens..prolly gonna be late for work...lol
    09-29-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD