And I got to play with it for a minute or two.

Storm 2.

I work as a utility IT coordinator so I get to deal with a lot of utilities. Had a large group of utility people come in today. One or them that I talk to a lot had the new Storm 2 as a Verizon demo. He got it late last week.

He doesn't like it and neither did I. Too much like the original and too much like every other BB out there. Felt heavy but cheap.

But it had something I was told it wouldn't have. Yes, it had wifi. He said battery life isn't good and wifi isn't strong. He did say that most Verizon centers have demo units to play with and that this was the final version. Their units from just a few weeks ago did not have functioning wifi. Should be out in just a couple weeks with 5.0

After the meeting, tried to call Tdad and had to leave a message to find out what he knew. Not heard back yet, so we will see.

So yes, it has wifi. I still don't want one. Better phones out there and on the way. But for you wifi nuts who are stuck on BB instead of the good stuff, you may now rejoice. It isn't official, but it will be real soon on Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 07:50 PM
    Thanks I am leaning toward another model...
    09-28-09 08:01 PM
    Ok. Glad to hear it but I will be the first to say I will wait to see for myself. I believe BB's are amongst the best smart phones and I have owned a few to include the buggy IPhone. Thanks for the info anyways.

09-28-09 08:28 PM
    Ok. Glad to hear it but I will be the first to say I will wait to see for myself.
    ya took the words out of my mouth.
    09-28-09 08:32 PM
    Hmm still have to try it out, it might be the final hardware, but I doubt is the final software it will ship out with...
    09-28-09 08:46 PM
    I agree as well. Just like movie critics....I don't use their judgment to decide if I am going to check out a movie or not. I am my own person and I like to make my decisions.

I am glad you got to see and play with the S2, your opinions and observations are dully noted and filed away.

I will wait to make my own assement after my own hands on review....because really when it comes down to it my decision is the only one that matters...for me.
    09-28-09 08:55 PM

Storm 2.

I work as a utility IT coordinator so I get to deal with a lot of utilities. Had a large group of utility people come in today. One or them that I talk to a lot had the new Storm 2 as a Verizon demo. He got it late last week.

He doesn't like it and neither did I. Too much like the original and too much like every other BB out there. Felt heavy but cheap.

But it had something I was told it wouldn't have. Yes, it had wifi. He said battery life isn't good and wifi isn't strong. He did say that most Verizon centers have demo units to play with and that this was the final version. Their units from just a few weeks ago did not have functioning wifi. Should be out in just a couple weeks with 5.0

After the meeting, tried to call Tdad and had to leave a message to find out what he knew. Not heard back yet, so we will see.

So yes, it has wifi. I still don't want one. Better phones out there and on the way. But for you wifi nuts who are stuck on BB instead of the good stuff, you may now rejoice. It isn't official, but it will be real soon on Verizon.

Reminds me of Point/Counterpoint on the old CBS 60 minutes program. In this corner Desertdogs, in that corner Salomandrin. (I think this was reprised as a guest spot on Airplane)
    Last edited by i7guy; 09-28-09 at 09:17 PM.
    09-28-09 09:10 PM
    Reminds me of Point/Counterpoint on the old CBS 60 minutes program. In this corner Desertdogs, in that corner Salomandrin. (I think this was reprised as a guest spot on Airplane)
    I was thinking of the same thing as I wrote that. Scary.

For the rest of you, I didn't write this as a review. I wrote as confirmation of wifi. I feel sorry for most people who aspire to a BB already. Some people have valid reasons for a BB, but most are ignorant to what is real and what isn't. I don't want to take the time to educate you or fix your poor taste. I will leave that to others.

09-28-09 09:29 PM
    Right.......why try to call yourself, when all you have to do is jump on Crackberry and sign in under your other screen name?
    09-29-09 12:13 PM
    What???????
    09-29-09 12:16 PM
    If you are calling winmo the better stuff I beg to differ.

09-29-09 12:22 PM
    Right.......why try to call yourself, when all you have to do is jump on Crackberry and sign in under your other screen name?
    One screen name, unlike some. Don't have time or desire to be here more than once. Maybe you could try helping people instead of looking for conspiracies.

09-29-09 12:59 PM
    Say it isn't so....
    09-29-09 01:08 PM
    Well ain't that just a kick in the pants for me.
    09-29-09 01:11 PM
    Funny - I was thinking the same thing. Maybe not lovers - but proverbially 'in bed' together.

Imho - very humble, at that seems very troll like how this posting followed the other discussion.

Quite frankly these guys are beginning to sound less and less trustworthy.

Love WinMo, or Symbian? Well me too (well, at least flash support)! But -be a fan - not a fanboy.
    09-29-09 01:43 PM
    if u dont like BB what the **** RU DOING ON HEAR AND WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING WITH A CURVE! ****!
    Caps lock and cursing no better way to look ignorant. There are forums on here that talk about the iphone as well as palm and windows mobile. He was comparing as far as I can tell....
    09-29-09 02:17 PM
    dude blackberry is the best Phone out there you can not say it is not lol

some people... anyways i already new about the wi-fi... SAL said " yes wi-fi "... and wi-fi is something new on blackberries so that is way it might be slow :P
    09-29-09 03:11 PM
    I don't know why he come on hr and trash blackberrys with such angry,
    I also don't know why kids in the 6th grade can't spell yet...
    09-29-09 03:12 PM
    [/B]
    dude blackberry is the best Phone out there you can not say it is not lol

some people... anyways i already new about the wi-fi... SAL said " yes wi-fi "... and wi-fi is something new on blackberries so that is way it might be slow :P
    Storm 2 isn't the first bb with WIFI. And its the best phone for YOU out there.
    09-29-09 03:13 PM

Too much like the original
    I agree. maybe typing is a little better but whoopdy do. I'l' pick one up - FOR FREE.
    09-29-09 03:38 PM
    why do people that hate bb choose to come hr and trash what we love if you like lg/nokia/samsung/tp2/motorola go hang out on thr websites! o i forgot thr empty!
    09-29-09 03:45 PM
    do people really expect a near identical phone with the same chipset (supposedly) and a near identical os to be much different? What exactly was everyone hoping for?

New click
    More memory
    Wifi

those are the differences. Once 5.0 drops officially, all new blackberries will perform VERY similarly. Other than form factor there will be little difference from one BB to the next.
    09-29-09 03:50 PM

Storm 2.

thanks for your review on the phone. Its nice to hear what a normal person thinks of the storm 2. I've been trying to tell people storm 2 is very much like storm 1 with a new click and more memory and wifi, thats it. People were expecting a whole new phone which storm 2 is not.

if people dont like storm 1, you will not like storm 2
    09-29-09 04:06 PM
    my very first blackberry was the storm and with all the good and bad i might get a divorce from her and try out one just like her just a upgraded version i would have to kill myself berfore i would turn my back on miss blackberry. you know the sayin once go blackberry you nerver turn back.
    09-29-09 04:07 PM
    [/B]

Storm 2 isn't the first bb with WIFI. And its the best phone for YOU out there.
    I did not say it was the first one i just said, wi-fi is new to rim

And i agree it is the best phone for me and for an other millions :P
    09-29-09 04:10 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD