Just got my BB Storm a week or 2 ago and downloaded 2 new apps (ScoreMobile and WeatherEyeTouch) as well as the BB App Store. I removed a couple of the stock apps that come included on it and I am already down to <200 kb!! I see posts from people saying they have 10, 20, 30 apps and from what I have seen there is no way to save them to the SD card. Someone let me know if there is anything that can be done to free up some space and if this even sounds like a normal problem?!?

Thanks

Shack
    09-28-09 02:36 PM
    What OS are you running?

Have you ever restarted your phone?
    09-28-09 02:38 PM
    What you are seeing is application memory loss, or leak. The memory can be recovered with a battery pull, and you can get an app called quick pull (the free version is all you need) which will simulate the pull WITHOUT requiring you to remove the battery. Your Storm probably came with version 4.7.0.148 which is the latest verizon release, but another version 4.7.0.151 is available which recovers the memory automatically and thus does not require a battery pull. For now just pull the battery (get quick pull) but check out our OS Discussion sub forum for info about upgrading to 151 or another "unofficial" version.
    09-28-09 02:40 PM
    I'm running the standard 4.7.0.148 and ya, I restart it here and there
    09-28-09 02:40 PM
    so after a restart, what is your app memory at?
    09-28-09 02:47 PM
    Jumped all the way back up to 32 megs... I guess I will download QuickPull and use that until I upgrade my OS. Thanks a bunch
    09-28-09 03:00 PM
    How long should it take to reboot after a battery pull. Mine takes 6 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 09:48 AM
    It probably depends. Using QuickPull, mine takes a little over 3 minutes. But then I've gotten rid of a lot of the stock junk that came with the phone and have only a handful of 3rd party apps.
    10-01-09 10:06 AM
    How long should it take to reboot after a battery pull. Mine takes 6 minutes.

with 148 that isnt out of the question really.

10-01-09 10:24 AM
    I am surprised no one suggested the true solution: Find apps that aren't written by third graders.

Seriously, I used .148 for over a month before upgrading to .167, and never had to pull the battery due to low memory (and I still dont). My only precaution is not loading piece of s^%# apps.
    10-01-09 10:47 AM
    ive had pretty good experience with .148. using quickpull i havent really had memory problems that caused the phone to slow down. i actually hve a lot of apps and hang around 15mb with no prob. ill look into .167 if it fixes leaks

10-01-09 10:59 AM
    I am surprised no one suggested the true solution: Find apps that aren't written by third graders.

Seriously, I used .148 for over a month before upgrading to .167, and never had to pull the battery due to low memory (and I still dont). My only precaution is not loading piece of s^%# apps.
    most new people dont know the difference.
    10-01-09 11:01 AM
    most new people dont know the difference.
    What would you consider piece of $%^t apps? Anything not from the Apps Store?
    10-01-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD