i remember reading an article once (cant remember where i read it) that said if you use a BES it's not good to turn off your device for extended periods of time, other than the usual battery pull. is there any credence to this?
    09-28-09 10:59 AM
    i do not believe so. I am a corporate user and i turn off my bberry every night before going to bed. Don't want my boss trying to reach me after 10pm:P
    I haven't had any issues with doing so and though it takes a bit of time for the device to sync with the exchange server when turning on the bberry the following morning, i have no problems to report.
    09-28-09 11:07 AM
    It seems unlikely that it would cause any harm, especially as there is a facility for automating the switching off/on. As far as BES is concerned messages would queue as "pending" until the device was contactable again.
    09-28-09 11:10 AM
    Well since you really don't turn it off (short of taking the battery out) shouldn't be a problem.
    09-28-09 11:35 AM
    It doesn't really matter. I used to turn mine off every night and I'm on the BES. Now, with my Tour, I use my phone as my clock/alarm at night, bedside, so it charges while it plays a clock for me! So, I don't turn it off anymore, but I used to and never saw any problem whatsoever.
    09-28-09 12:15 PM
    I think what Blancster is suggesting is that you could set go into the clock and set it for "bedside" mode, rather than turning it off.
    09-29-09 04:07 AM
    Thank you GlenB. I was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD