I recently got a "new" or refurbished BB 8830 because my other one was having issues. I had my stuff backed up or so i thought and when i restored the backup file onto my blackberry none of my applications were there. It was easy enough for me to just re-download them since they were only a few and they were all free, but i was wondering if there is a way to back them up so i wouldnt need to re-dowload them if i ever need to get another new BB???
    04-28-08 09:01 PM
    You need to use the "Switch Device" feature for that.
    04-28-08 09:03 PM
    If you use the desktop software to make a backup file of your berry, then it SHOULD copy all your apps with it...key word being should lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 09:08 PM
    ^^^ Yeah, that would be good if RIM would have made the backup work like that. Unfortunatly you have to use the Switch Device Wizard to hack it like Jimmers said.
    04-28-08 10:55 PM
    To back up your third party applications like jimmers and JRSCCivic98 mentioned. Follow these instructions.

How To: Backup and Restore All Installed 3rd Party Apps
    04-28-08 11:02 PM
    Thank you all so much. I am still new to blackberrys so i am still trying to figure out things as i go. But so far i LOVE my BB 8830!
    04-29-08 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD