does anyone like the maps application built into the device?
    today i got sick of it not working that i search for google maps and i foudn out there is a google maps app. i downloaded it and i feel its so much better then the one that comes with the device. i havent test it out too much but i first impressions is that its muchh better
    what do you guys think?
    09-27-09 01:11 AM
    I prefer Google Maps but others prefer other apps ... this is yet another case of personal preference and not that anything is "better" than something else.
    09-27-09 01:18 AM
    I don't care for either.
    For general mapping I use Tellme | Say it. Get It.
    For navigation, I use Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!.
    Personal preference but it is a perfect combination for me.

BB Maps is very slow and cumbersome.
    Google Maps (for me) has always been
    massively inaccurate.
    09-27-09 01:58 AM
    Google maps for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 02:01 AM
    Google map user here also.
    09-27-09 02:03 AM
    Google. 10 char.

09-27-09 02:19 AM
    I'm all about BB maps. I've tried google, my system freezes with it...google also doesn't find all the locations I've requested...BBMaps does find it. I love the BBMaps

09-27-09 03:31 AM
    Google maps w/ Latitude.
    09-27-09 03:42 AM
    I have AT&T, so I'm forced to use Google Maps :P

09-27-09 08:43 AM
    Google maps is excellent over wifi amd 3G if you have a 3G berry. it was terribbly slow and hogged battery life on all my devices previous to the bold however, on newer devices it works like a charm. However I've never even bothered to try BB maps

09-27-09 08:44 AM
    Yes is all a matter of choice, I usually use BBMaps but keep GMaps in the backburner just in case a satellite view is required in order to find out what the location looks like before I get there....LOL
    09-27-09 11:31 AM
    I prefer google maps for it's ease of use... but i'm always looking for alternatives...
    09-27-09 01:17 PM
    I don't care for either.
    For general mapping I use Tellme | Say it. Get It.
    For navigation, I use Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!.
    Personal preference but it is a perfect combination for me.

BB Maps is very slow and cumbersome.
    Google Maps (for me) has always been
    massively inaccurate.
    How are you using Tellme? It doesn't say it's out for 8900...
    09-27-09 01:21 PM
    I go geocaching using a combination of google maps and blackstar. Both are free and are extremely accurate for me and work very well in conjunction with each other.

09-27-09 01:33 PM
    How are you using Tellme? It doesn't say it's out for 8900...
    From what I can tell, I had it on a 8310, when I upgraded to the Bold it was
    in the application list in DM so it came over. When the Bold died and I upgraded
    to the 8900, same thing happened.

But it does work

09-28-09 12:25 AM
    I didn't like BlackBerry maps the few times I tried to use it. After I found Google Maps I never looked back. I like that Google Maps gives you directions for walking, driving & public transit. I really like the street view feature so I know what I'm looking for.

09-28-09 12:46 AM
    I go geocaching using a combination of google maps and blackstar. Both are free and are extremely accurate for me and work very well in conjunction with each other.

I am interested in using BlackStar but when it tries to connect to satellites, it never does. I was told that verizon blocks 3rd party gps programs from working with their service. Was just wondering if you found some trick to be able to use BlackStar or if maybe I just have some settings different than you. Any info you have would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to start geocaching again!
    10-01-09 05:05 PM
    I am interested in using BlackStar but when it tries to connect to satellites, it never does. I was told that verizon blocks 3rd party gps programs from working with their service. Was just wondering if you found some trick to be able to use BlackStar or if maybe I just have some settings different than you. Any info you have would be appreciated. I'm really looking forward to start geocaching again!
    Upgrade to a storm and you wont have problems, blackstar works good on storm cause verizon doesnt block it on this phone.
    10-08-09 01:56 AM
    I prefer google maps all day every day
    10-08-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD