So, my post on another thread got me thinking...

For those (seemingly hundreds) of you that have Odins, or those that 'know someone that does'... can someone please post a picture of the Odin using 3G on either AT&T or Rogers...

If between us we cannot come up with something, then I'm calling shennanigans on the 9520 for North America (in the near future).

If a picture is not forthcoming, then I will accept a sworn statement from any of the Forum Moderators that they have seen one running 3G as adequate proof.

I have been around long enough to know that seeing one run on 3G and it being released on one of the networks are two entirely different things; but the lack of any hard evidence supporting the fact that the Odin will run on 3G in North America is beginning to worry me.
    Last edited by Robot_Goundhog; 09-28-09 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Title change to make it more obvious...
    09-26-09 06:30 PM
    YOu should try listening to the latest podcast.
    09-26-09 06:46 PM
    I think that's his point. If there's as many floating around as blaze says it shouldn't be hard to see at least one picture

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 06:58 PM
    THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE A BLACKBERRY 9520, i challenge you to give it to me :P
    09-26-09 07:09 PM
    THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE A BLACKBERRY 9520, i challenge you to give it to me :P
    I double dare you to cluck like a chicken and bark like dog.
    09-26-09 07:23 PM
    I double dare you to cluck like a chicken and bark like dog.
    at the same time??? O.O
    09-26-09 07:28 PM
    I would love to see this as well!
    09-26-09 08:58 PM
    I would love to see this as well!
    You would like to see me bark??? could i charge??
    09-26-09 09:03 PM
    YOu should try listening to the latest podcast.
    I just listened to it at your suggestion... but I still do think that something should be out there if the device is going to go to market any time soon. After all, there are plenty of pictures of them on 1x, and even some of Sals using Edge on AT&T... but nothing showing 3G on north american networks.

Someone must have something... surely?
    Last edited by Robot_Goundhog; 09-27-09 at 08:07 AM. Reason: speeling
    09-26-09 09:06 PM
    You would like to see me bark??? could i charge??
    LOL, that could be interesting as well but I was referring to seeing a S2 running on ATT's 3G network.
    09-26-09 09:09 PM
    LOL, that could be interesting as well but I was referring to seeing a S2 running on ATT's 3G network.
    OOOO lol i did not remember that hehehe i thought you ment it i was like " Wierdo" lol jp but if your ever intrested i charge $5 per bark
    09-26-09 09:15 PM
    Hate to tell you guys, but the S2 will most likely NOT DO 3G on AT&T or Rogers... the chipset is supposed to be the same as S1 and that means EDGE for you. Sorry...
    09-26-09 10:21 PM
    Hate to tell you guys, but the S2 will most likely NOT DO 3G on AT&T or Rogers... the chipset is supposed to be the same as S1 and that means EDGE for you. Sorry...
    I've "heard" otherwise... We shall see...
    09-26-09 10:26 PM
    And CX has said that that chipset is triband HSPA 850/1900/2100, so that would mean it is definitely possible for that chip to work on NA 3G networks as long as it is not locked out like it was on the S1 (at least I think CX said it was locked out on S1). He definitely said S2 was triband. I would assume they would keep it locked out until one of the NA GSM carriers gets the phone. From what has been said, the capability is definitely there.

09-26-09 11:05 PM
    i think rogers receiving the storm 9520 was clarified in 2008.

check this out, facts don't lie:

Leaked Rogers Lineup for 2009 Includes 3G Storm and The Pearl Flip With Secondary Video Calling Camera | BlackBerryNews.com

also for at&t, i found a little bit of hope. even though it may not be huge. if you scroll down this website, and read sean's comment, you will go ballistic. but its nothing major to get crazy about until we some live storm 2 for at&t pictures if they exist.

AT&T confirmedly to launch Blackberry Storm2 | AT&T cell phones|AT&T Phones
    Last edited by cyrusurway; 09-27-09 at 01:39 AM. Reason: addition
    09-27-09 01:22 AM

Leaked Rogers Lineup for 2009 Includes 3G Storm and The Pearl Flip With Secondary Video Calling Camera | BlackBerryNews.com

also for at&t, i found a little bit of hope. even though it may not be huge. if you scroll down this website, and read sean's comment, you will go ballistic. but its nothing major to get crazy about until we some live storm 2 for at&t pictures if they exist.

For the top one, I understand that this picture was deemed to be a fake (by those in the know)...

For the 2nd one, Sal has a 9520 too - its the GSM version for Vodaphone in Europe. The one he had ran on AT&T using Edge.

I still don't see anything that would lead me to believe a Rogers or AT&T launch is coming before 2010 at the earliest.

P.S. over 500 views and nothing solid yet.... that's 500 self confessed blackberry addicts, who are desperate enough for launch information on the S2 to be checking this site on a Sunday. Its not looking good...
    09-27-09 08:05 AM
    att will NOT get the s2 . ....mark my words!

09-27-09 08:39 AM

We knew Rogers was due to get the first S1 (9520) version, but I think they passed on it when they saw what a big POS it was in terms of hardware issues. So, they waited and probably sent RIM packing back to the drawing board. A carrier in Canada (your own country of origin) not wanting your hardware probably hits pretty close to home. It's my belief that was a big factor in RIM wanting to reengineer the S1 to become S2. With that said, we never knew what chipset was in the S1 (9520) because it never came out. It's my belief that it was nothing more then a 9500 with WIFI enabled onboard. The hardware was the same between all previous models (9500/9530/9520). If this is the case again, the 9520 won't do 3G on certain radio bands simply because the Qualcomm chipset doesn't have support for those fequencies. RIM would have to have done one of two things.... make an entirely new system board (utilizing GSM based technology with WIFI and GSM chipset, like in the Bold/9700) or they'd have to figure out a way to cram in another radio and control chipset for the additional frequencies - something they haven't done before and would be new and experimental in my opinion, nothing they'd want to do with their "second try" on a sale to Rogers. Not to mention that two different hardware designs for the S2 would cost more for production... couple that with britishturbo's breakdown pics of the 9520 model (which blatantly had QUALCOMM stamped on it) and it's still my belief that ALL S2 models are again, IDENTICAL, meaning that the frequency/radio controls are again under low level firmware control and nothing more.

But hey, britishturbo said he heard different and we'll have to wait and see what's up, but I for one am not holding my breath based on what we already know of S1 hardware across all models and the current pics of S2 designs.
    09-27-09 09:49 AM
    AMEN!!!!!!!!

09-27-09 11:01 AM
    I challenge anyone with a 9550 to give me one so I can take a picture of someone else's 9520 with it...
    Last edited by Jussumguy88; 09-29-09 at 06:03 AM.
    09-27-09 11:35 AM
    So, almost 1000 views, 20 posts... and nothing.

I'll give it a week from the posting date, but if we still have nothing then I think we're SOL.
    09-28-09 07:38 AM
    the way I understand it, the S2 is capable of GSM 3g bands in NA. The problem is that they are blocked perminantly
    09-28-09 09:27 AM
    We knew Rogers was due to get the first S1 (9520) version, but I think they passed on it when they saw what a big POS it was in terms of hardware issues. So, they waited and probably sent RIM packing back to the drawing board. A carrier in Canada (your own country of origin) not wanting your hardware probably hits pretty close to home. It's my belief that was a big factor in RIM wanting to reengineer the S1 to become S2. With that said, we never knew what chipset was in the S1 (9520) because it never came out. It's my belief that it was nothing more then a 9500 with WIFI enabled onboard. The hardware was the same between all previous models (9500/9530/9520). If this is the case again, the 9520 won't do 3G on certain radio bands simply because the Qualcomm chipset doesn't have support for those fequencies. RIM would have to have done one of two things.... make an entirely new system board (utilizing GSM based technology with WIFI and GSM chipset, like in the Bold/9700) or they'd have to figure out a way to cram in another radio and control chipset for the additional frequencies - something they haven't done before and would be new and experimental in my opinion, nothing they'd want to do with their "second try" on a sale to Rogers. Not to mention that two different hardware designs for the S2 would cost more for production... couple that with britishturbo's breakdown pics of the 9520 model (which blatantly had QUALCOMM stamped on it) and it's still my belief that ALL S2 models are again, IDENTICAL, meaning that the frequency/radio controls are again under low level firmware control and nothing more.

But hey, britishturbo said he heard different and we'll have to wait and see what's up, but I for one am not holding my breath based on what we already know of S1 hardware across all models and the current pics of S2 designs.
    You know your stuff jrsccivic98.

09-28-09 10:07 AM
    If you watch the videos from Sal, you will see one of them features a 9520 and it clearly shows it running on AT&T. Can't remember which one but it is real.

Hey Sal a little help, Please
    09-28-09 11:49 AM
    If you watch the videos from Sal, you will see one of them features a 9520 and it clearly shows it running on AT&T. Can't remember which one but it is real.

Hey Sal a little help, Please
    your right, Sal`s vids are run on at+t, but on EDGE, im guessing that its not possible, otherwise someone would of laid down by now
    09-28-09 12:13 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD