For some reason my BB device memory and my media card no longer load as a drive under My Computer anymore. Mass storage is turned on and if I load the card directly into a usb add adapter its fine. Any Ideas/fixes?
    09-26-09 05:31 PM
    Do you have anything loaded on the card yet?
    09-26-09 05:32 PM
    Do you have anything loaded on the card yet?
    Yes of course its fine in the phone and I have a micro sd to usb adapter and its fine there as well. Even if its blank it should still load as removable media.
    09-26-09 05:34 PM
    Do you have Mass Storage activated? If you don't, you won't see it.
    09-26-09 05:37 PM
    Take a picture and save it to the card. See if it pops up after that.
    09-26-09 05:37 PM
    Take a picture and save it to the card. See if it pops up after that.
    K I tried that, but no dice. I save everything to the sd card BTW. I just tried video too.
    09-26-09 05:40 PM
    Hmm, take your card out, take a picture and save it to the phone and then plug the phone in and see if it will show up.
    09-26-09 05:42 PM
    Sorry should have read closer .. With .230 this happened to me twice. First time a battery pull fixed it, the second I shut down DM, disconnected and then restarted DM and reconnected. Computer saw everything.

X
    09-26-09 05:43 PM
    Did you just load this OS? Have you done a battery pull?
    09-26-09 05:45 PM
    I don't know if it does have something to do with USB issue, but sometimes I do have to unplug and plug my phone back in a few times before it shows up on PC.
    09-26-09 05:45 PM
    Sorry should have read closer .. With .230 this happened to me twice. First time a battery pull fixed it, the second I shut down DM, disconnected and then restarted DM and reconnected. Computer saw everything.

X
    Yeah I've tried everything I can think of restart PC and BB I even reinstalled BB drivers. The odd thing is windows recognizes the bb itself, but not the removable drives.

I'll try a restart again. be back in like 10 min
    Last edited by joscon; 09-26-09 at 05:51 PM. Reason: add
    09-26-09 05:47 PM
    Did you just load this OS? Have you done a battery pull?
    No been running it for 10 days. Oh wait 2 days on this phone. My old phone got fubar and nothing would click so I got a new one Thurs night and loaded .230. It did work on this phone though.
    Last edited by joscon; 09-26-09 at 06:14 PM.
    09-26-09 06:11 PM
    No been running it for 10 days. Oh wait 2 days on this phone. My old phone got fubar and nothing would click so I got a new one Thurs night and loaded .230. It did work on this phone though.
    I need to clarify your screen issue because my touch screen just stopped working for no reason - were you running .230 when your old phone's screen kicked?

I just put 4.7 back on and now my screen works......

X
    09-26-09 06:17 PM
    For some reason my BB device memory and my media card no longer load as a drive under My Computer anymore. Mass storage is turned on and if I load the card directly into a usb add adapter its fine. Any Ideas/fixes?
    Same thing happened to me with .230. Here's what fixed it for me. Make sure to read the readme info file.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    09-26-09 06:27 PM
    I need to clarify your screen issue because my touch screen just stopped working for no reason - were you running .230 when your old phone's screen kicked?

I just put 4.7 back on and now my screen works......

X
    Actually I was. Here's the chain of events.

I had the bb plugged into my pc usb and speakers listening to pandora and a call came in. after i finnished the call I wanted to clos pandora but was unable to, so a pulled the batt. After it rebooted, I could click NOTHING. nothing on the screen or hard keys.
    Next I decided to wipe and reinstall .230 > no change, but this time it cycled like 5 times (red led) before it actually booted.

Wiped again and loaded .148 > now I could click, but nothing was right. BB key closed stuff Esc opened menu...all sortes of weird stuff. So I headed to the VZW store and they gave me a new on pre-loaded with .148.

I got home and Wiped and loaded .230 and her we are today.

I dont know if it was a coincidence that the hardware failed after running on .230 for 7 days. I tend to think it was because the problem remained after installing .148 but..... Unless the platform version in this build is somehow frying hardware.
    09-26-09 06:30 PM
    Try This...

link to a bat file fix here....Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    Someone else wrote up these great instructions...
    1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    09-26-09 06:32 PM
    I just put .148 back on, worked for a few clicks - now experiencing the same thing. Weird that circumstances were so similair.

I had just finished syncing my BB, disconecetd when a call came in, went to hang up and nothing. Multiple battery pulls and finally a reload. No fix.

Guess I'm heading to the friendly neighbourhood Telus store ..

X
    09-26-09 06:36 PM
    I just put .148 back on, worked for a few clicks - now experiencing the same thing. Weird that circumstances were so similair.

I had just finished syncing my BB, disconecetd when a call came in, went to hang up and nothing. Multiple battery pulls and finally a reload. No fix.

Guess I'm heading to the friendly neighbourhood Telus store ..

X
    WOW that is very strange indeed.
    This is what dove me to start this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/5-...e-days-322882/
    09-26-09 06:41 PM
    Try This...

link to a bat file fix here....Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    Someone else wrote up these great instructions...
    1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    Thank you
    I'll give that a go. Just uninstalled DM5 and re downloaded from RIM allong with new driver. Ill try that first then report back.
    09-26-09 06:43 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you! That worked great.
    09-26-09 07:13 PM

I had the bb plugged into my pc usb and speakers listening to pandora and a call came in. after i finnished the call I wanted to clos pandora but was unable to, so a pulled the batt. After it rebooted, I could click NOTHING. nothing on the screen or hard keys.
    Next I decided to wipe and reinstall .230 > no change, but this time it cycled like 5 times (red led) before it actually booted.

Wiped again and loaded .148 > now I could click, but nothing was right. BB key closed stuff Esc opened menu...all sortes of weird stuff. So I headed to the VZW store and they gave me a new on pre-loaded with .148.

I dont know if it was a coincidence that the hardware failed after running on .230 for 7 days. I tend to think it was because the problem remained after installing .148 but..... Unless the platform version in this build is somehow frying hardware.

So is your phone still toast?
    10-06-09 10:10 AM
    So I�m running .230, I had the mass storage issue with .151 and ran that pinstack program, which fixed the issue. This morning I plugged my storm into the usb on the computer and only the media card was recognized...not the phone...usually both are recognized. So I didn�t think anything of it cause I�m loading on the media card. I go and drag and drop the latest Hero's to the k drive (media card) and the transfer stops half way. So I try again........same result. I check the properties of the k drive and it says the disk is full...then BAM, disconnect sound and error message on my phone "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?" when I click yes I get "If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I click yes and get the "Media Card Repair Failed" It sucks cause I guess now I have to reformat the card and start again. But I�m at work and cant do anything about it except stare at my phone with no media on it till later.

Reason I think this may be related is that when I installed .230 I had the usb not powerful error and the installation stopped at the white screen with the 537 error on it. Got around that issue but this was the first time I connected to computer since installing the OS. I am seeing related usb errors all over the boards. Wondering if I should go back to .151, everything worked on that.
    10-06-09 10:43 AM
    I have the issue on .216 where I can only see the media card, not the device memory. Have run the 'fix' as per instructions, and it hasn't worked.
    10-06-09 03:20 PM
    can't attest to those running .216 but i will say the fix worked for me on .230

just make sure you unzip the program to your computer...for some stupid reason i was trying to open it up without unzipping it and it wouldn't recognize the program hahahanew or whatever...i finally unzipped it to my computer and it worked like a charm
    10-06-09 06:49 PM

Ok, this is wild, my Dad came by and his Storm was acting funny (I still had him on .191 as he doesn't use the camera) so I put .230 on over .191 instead of wiping and when everything rebooted, batt pull, etc. I noticed his BB and Back button were acting weird, BB would cause screen to flash from main screen to full menu screen and Back would bring up the phone menu. Thought maybe was because I overlapped the OS's, had never had problems b4 though, so wiped and reinstalled .230, same thing. Wiped and put .148 back on, same thing so took to VZ and got replacement, has me a little worried now though after reading the same thing from a couple of others. Hate to say it's the OS, as I've been running on .230 b4 the .exe came out and have not had any problems. (wood knocking)
    10-06-09 07:15 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD