I've had my curve for about a year now and my husband just got one a month ago. That's when I noticed that his trackball "clicks" when he presses it and mine doesnt. I remembered that mine used to do that. Now there are times I cant tell if my press of the trackball registered or not and so I have to keep pressing the trackball.

Can this be solved by a cleaning or is this a bigger issue?
    09-26-09 06:09 AM
    If you haven't replaced yours in a year I'd say just go an buy a new one, don't try to clean it or what not.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 06:14 AM
    Where should I buy one from? And about how much $ are they? And will this fix the clicking issue? Thanks!
    09-26-09 06:15 AM
    It's a bigger issue. There is a dome shaped piece of copper, a spring if you will, that provides the "click". Under that, is the actual microswitch that registers the trackball press.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tra...le-now-300038/

09-26-09 06:16 AM
    The Trackball has nothing to do with the "click" is the button underneath the trackball which is part of the motherboard, you can replace the trackball but I doubt it will fix the "click"
    09-26-09 06:38 AM
    Yes, if the microswitch is bad, it cannot be replaced. Hopefully, all it needs is another dome switch spring.

09-26-09 06:41 AM
    Yes, if the microswitch is bad, it cannot be replaced. Hopefully, all it needs is another dome switch spring.

Have you ever switched one? I'm thinkin is difficult for someone without experience since is part of the motherboard or is it jus sitting slightly above it?
    09-26-09 06:53 AM
    I've never replaced the dome spring, but I believe it is just a peel and stick deal over the microswitch. Others have had trhe dome fall off the motherboard.

09-26-09 07:03 AM
    Have you ever switched one? I'm thinkin is difficult for someone without experience since is part of the motherboard or is it jus sitting slightly above it?
    No I havent. So is this something I can have the guy at tmoible fix for me?
    09-26-09 07:03 AM
    I don't think someone at T-Mobile can fix it, they would have to send it in to their service center! But if it is the way "X" described I would open it up since you're out of warranty and check if the chrome sticker came off, if it is the actual button I doubt it can be replaced
    09-26-09 07:45 AM
    Here's a great guide to fixing it, or replacing it. It's not very difficult at all, but you'll never get T-M to do it.

http://www.audsound.net/_share/bbtb_select_fix.pdf
    09-26-09 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the link to the guide BigBadWulf.

I edited my post in the other thread to include the guide. I hope you don't mind.
    09-26-09 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the link to the guide BigBadWulf.

I edited my post in the other thread to include the guide. I hope you don't mind.
    Heck no! I've got a lot of respect for you. You've got great knowledge and share it well. It's an honor.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

09-26-09 01:17 PM
    S

09-26-09 02:20 PM
    Wow, bought my trackballs from Telus, 7 bucks cdn, guy even offered to put it in, but I just did it myself, just replace it, its not hard.

09-26-09 02:36 PM
    WarHog, the OP's problem has nothing to do with the trackball assembly. Replacing it won't help with the "click".

09-26-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD