Hello you ATT people,
    I am currently with verizon and i have been thinking about switching to ATT to A) save minutes talking to Family, B) save money on my bill. I want to get the 8310 for me and my GF and wanted to get peoples opinion on it with ATT. Also i like that the GPS isn't disabled unless a monthly fee is paid like it is with VZW. Lastly I wanted to get peoples opinion on the Refurb Curves from ATT and if they are worth not paying anything for. THanks in advance.
    04-28-08 11:20 AM
    Hello you ATT people,
    I am currently with verizon and i have been thinking about switching to ATT to A) save minutes talking to Family, B) save money on my bill. I want to get the 8310 for me and my GF and wanted to get peoples opinion on it with ATT. Also i like that the GPS isn't disabled unless a monthly fee is paid like it is with VZW. Lastly I wanted to get peoples opinion on the Refurb Curves from ATT and if they are worth not paying anything for. THanks in advance.
    Try Amazon.com, they might have better deal ( you might actually getting paid for getting the service and a brand new phone to boot instead of refurb one). just make sure you keep the data plan for at least 6 months or they will charge you $250 for breaking the term of purchase.

for service, again I will first and foremost advise you to check your coverage area.
    If AT&T work for you and your GF, then go ahead switch and save ( for sure cheaper than VZW).
    Last edited by Optimus_Prime; 04-28-08 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typos
    04-28-08 11:38 AM
    Obviously check your coverage area first and then determine if that is a good fit for you. If so I don't have any complaints with ATT. My husband and I both have curve's with data plans on both. We have the base 59.99 plan of 750 minutes a month, my phone as an add one of 9.99 and two bb data plans. With his government discount we are paying 117 a month. We also have 7000 roll-over minutes because basically all of our friends are on ATT so those minutes don't count. I think it's a good deal and the GPS isn't disabled and lots of fun to use. As for a refurb, I haven't had one, but several others on this site do and state that they are just as good as the new ones. Nothing to loose as if you get a bad one you can return it and get a replacement
    04-28-08 11:52 AM
    I originally had the 8100, and recently got the Curve - both refurbs, both no issues. And nothing but good things to say about AT&T service. But as Stated above, check service area before switch to any new carrier.
    04-28-08 11:56 AM
    I use a refurbished 8310 as well and love it. Don't be scared to purchase a refurbished BB. It pretty much a new BB!
    04-28-08 11:59 AM
    Definitely go to AT&T.com & you can input your zip code to check your coverage area.

I have 1350 minutes ($80) & and Unlimited Data and Messaging ($50) so my bill comes to about $135-145/month.

As for service, I've had AT&T a long time & I can definitely say they've only gotten better. I'm very satisfied w/ their service & Customer Relations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 12:33 PM
    I am very happy with at&t--especially their cs. I've had wonderful service.
    04-28-08 12:49 PM
    working for AT&T they gave me a refurb red curve to use, i havnt had a problem with it and its also free with the new promotion..

...you'll enjoy AT&T and saving money instead of wasting it with verizon
    04-28-08 12:54 PM
    AT&T is great depending on the the coverage area. I have been with them for 6 years and I have worked for them in the past 2. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!
    04-28-08 01:06 PM
    I have had no problems with at&t!

04-28-08 01:14 PM
    I just switched from 8830 on sprint to a 8310 att curve...great change, great service, everything! Mines a refurb too.

04-28-08 01:18 PM
    Have been with ATT since december and bought a $30 refurb 8300 and loved it. Got it unlocked and used overseas with no problem and gave it to my girlfriend in the Philippines and had no problems with it at all. I got another 8310 since my work has a corporate account so new BB every 3 months with no hassle. I only get refurbs with no problem. I currently have two lines with a 8310 for work and 8700c for personal use. Both refurbs. And also a refurb 8100 Pearl from ATT that is unlocked as well for my Phillipine sim card. BTW all refurbs come with everything a new BB has. All the cords and cables and BB disc etc etc. Enjoy!!!

04-28-08 05:45 PM
    ....and two bb data plans....

I'm in the same boat as this guy, (almost exactly!), I have Verizon, and I hate it. I'm miffed at the whole GPS thing (don't even get me started!)

I spoke with a rep yesterday, and she made it seem like the $50 Unlimited Internet/Unlimited text was a "shared" feature on the family plan, and that I wouldn't need to get 2 for both lines. Is this true? Or did she misstate herself?

Thanks!
    05-01-08 07:04 AM
    Refurbs are great and honestly are usually as good as the new ones.

The only problem with going with 3rd party vendors are penalties for changing your plan, whether it be to go down in minutes.

I would actually suggest Bestbuy as I was able to verify that they don't have penalties. Either them or the refurbed from AT&T.
    05-01-08 05:15 PM
    Check coverage areas, but AT&T typically has wider coverage, including much better in more rural/less urban areas. I've had VZW and ATT at same time and places, and ATT has better coverage.

My CS experiences have been a mixed bag, but I'll agree that they've gotten better over the years.
    05-03-08 12:47 AM
    I love my refurb from ATT no probs at all and Amazon does still have the free ones you actually make about 25 bucks but read the small print about the data plan.
    05-03-08 12:51 AM
    Thanks for all the advise....I ended up switching and got the 1 penny curves off of Amazon....Love ATT!!!!
    05-04-08 01:39 PM
    Hehe, glad you could join the party....

If you should have any questions, feel free to ask.
    05-04-08 03:40 PM
    I have never had a problem with AT&T....Right after (honestly 2 days) I bought my new curve I got this 25% off a new phone purchase card in the mail...so i call them up so upset because it was as if they new I just bought a new phone w/o EVER receiving one in the mail before..So I ask to speak to a manager..tell him my story and he says well we can just credit that to your account! haha, I truly thought it was a cruel joke but they helped me out!!!
    good luck
    05-04-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD