If you listen to podcast 42 you will hear Kevin reference he has seen and eye's on slider blackberry, do you think a slider blackberry will sell well seeing as most blackberry users have become such huge fans of the current blackberry devices. I feel it may fall through what about you?
    09-25-09 05:40 PM
    Slider Blackberry sounds interesting, but I'd have to actually hold it and play around with it before making a decision...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 05:47 PM
    Sounds like a Storm and a Tour having a baby
    09-25-09 06:46 PM
    Hmmm.......I would prefer them to keep their current design. A slide out phone seems a little childsish if you ask me.
    09-25-09 07:14 PM
    Consumers and people who are dying for a touchscreen BB but can't live without a physical QWERTY will be all over it.
    09-25-09 07:16 PM
    Yea not so sure it would be a big seller. I'm not gonna lie, I would love to play with it for a little while.

09-25-09 07:16 PM
    If you listen to podcast 42 you will hear Kevin reference he has seen and eye's on slider blackberry, do you think a slider blackberry will sell well seeing as most blackberry users have become such huge fans of the current blackberry devices. I feel it may fall through what about you?
    He actually says that he has a friend that has seen it. Either way though I definitely interested in it.
    09-25-09 09:07 PM
    I think it sounds great! Why not capitalize on that part of the market. Folks like me who came from similar features from HTC and others will be ready to buy. I think it's a great idea, especially since RIM will have begun to master the touchscreen technology prior to offering something such as this.

09-25-09 09:39 PM
    i'll only consider it if the slider is solid and NO SUREPRESS if it's a touchscreen.
    09-25-09 09:49 PM
    there is a picture of the patent for a bb slider somewhere on this site. For those interested start using the search function for it. I'm 8:42pm and my first meal of the day arrived so I'm going to go eat.
    09-25-09 10:42 PM
    09-25-09 10:58 PM
    Wow!! Using search works! Thanks for demonstrating that.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 09-26-09 at 12:14 AM. Reason: accidental typo because I'm not wearing my glasses
    09-25-09 11:40 PM
    google named their slider-g1
    what you think rim will name theirs:

r u ready for blackberry b1?
    09-25-09 11:45 PM
    Assuming if RIM builds a slider-style BlackBerry that actually feels like a durable, robust piece of equipment - and not like a flimsy piece of junk that'll fall apart in your hand... Then I think such a mobile device *might have* a pretty good chance of selling well.

It isn't like slider-style phones are some new idea - they've been around for years, and they must sell enough of them, to keep making the things.

The problem is going to be how RIM elects to go with the design for functionality purposes... Are they going to keep the closed faceplate looking like a Storm - with a minimum of buttons... Thus requiring the user to make phone calls, etc. Using the (potentially) touchscreen surface? Or will they just put physical keypad phone buttons on the front? Pros/Cons of each might sway people one way or another.

Would the display even be a touchscreen? Would it have surepress - or would that be simply too expensive to throw in on top of a slide-out physical keyboard?
    People would probably love to have a nice big full screen for surfing the 'net or writing eMails...

But what if RIM decided instead of making the display touch-sensitive, they went with a Touchpad located on the slide-out keyboard, as your means of moving around and making selections on the display?
    Would that change public opinion of the device?
    Would you buy it then?

Maybe for some people, the ideal might be for RIM to produce a Storm 2-like BlackBerry... does everything the same, uses the same surepress touchscreen technology - BUT - also adds a slide-out keyboard on top of all that, if you don't want to use the touchscreen keys to bang out an email.

Who knows. RIM may possibly offer something like that, someday... But I have a sneaking suspicion that there could very well be compromises that would have to be made, for both price as well as "pocketability" reasons.

RIMs plans may have nothing to do with giving a Storm-like device full keyboard capabilitys either - rather, a smaller slider style BlackBerry may be targeted at those who've already been looking at the BB Flip model.

Cloudy, The future is.
    Oh well.
    2 cents.
    09-26-09 12:11 AM
    As long as RIM doesn't make this slider lame like the Pearl Flip, it might sell. I wouldn't want it though.
    ----------------
    Now playing: Rascal Flatts - Life Is a Highway (Remix Movie Version, Long Intro)
    via FoxyTunes
    09-26-09 06:09 PM
    The BlackBerry "Slide" has been a rumor since the original Storm rumors. Happy to see more on the subject.
    09-26-09 10:17 PM
    No I am not interested in a slider berry??? :P
    09-27-09 06:05 AM
    I would absolutely love this device. I touch screen with an optional qwerty slide keyboard would be the perfect bb.
    09-27-09 10:03 AM
    09-27-09 03:09 PM
    about that link... anyone who owns a berry knows that the keys are in the wrong spot. thats a bad photoshop. rim would not change the place for the numbers, and all the punctuation marks and everything,
    09-27-09 03:22 PM
    totally rip the Touch Pro 2 from HTC, and give it a good ole BB OS..and we can rock and/or roll
    09-27-09 04:30 PM
    Who cares if it is a bad photoshop. It is a fake illustration for a rumor.
    09-27-09 05:54 PM
    Yeah what ipod said, tons of rumors have demonstrative photoshops attached to give the reader an idea of the product. I'll believe what Sal says.

09-27-09 07:41 PM
    Actually, sad as it may seem to some BB fans, I recently returned my first ever BB Tour for several reasons, one of which was that I found it difficult to use the keyboard. The possibility of a slider BB has been raised several times, once even by me in this recent thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/wi...device-300760/
    09-27-09 07:52 PM
    that is going to be sick esp. with BBM I can't wait any picture of it?
    09-27-09 09:03 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD