This beta, for me, is extremely buggy. My SMS doesn't work properly. If I select a contact, hit menu, then hit SMS (as usual), it defaults back to the SMS home screen. Several battery pulls, same result. In order to SMS, I have to go to the SMS home, then hit menu, then manually enter the contact I want to SMS.

Also sometimes when I try to delete SMSs, they'll dissapear (which is what I want it do do) but another strange list will show up with names of my contacts and a date/time next to it--I did not even text any of these people recently, it's just a random generated list. Anyone else have issues?

I'm also getting the charging error (insufficient USB power) when I'm charging it like normal (with the dock)
    09-25-09 05:28 PM
    Mine is failing extremely. Mine doesn't have sound for alerts when it's set to, error messages pop up everytime I reboot.
    Boourns!
    09-25-09 07:29 PM
    good to know
    09-25-09 07:31 PM
    Mine is working fantastic! I'm loving all the features
    Alerts works nicely, the threaded sms is awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 07:37 PM
    mine also is working flawlessly. There are a bunch of feature I liike in this version including the ability to create my own profiles.
    09-25-09 08:25 PM

I see you are with Rogers in Canada as well. How is the leaked OS? Is there anything that doesn't work properly, now that Facebook app works?
    09-26-09 04:46 AM
    Yahoo messenger aint working for me , other than that its just marvellous . love the sliding options when viewing pictures in my sd card .

09-27-09 09:00 AM
    My advice: restore it back to its factory settings. Leaks have never been nearly as stable as official Operating Systems.
    09-27-09 09:28 AM

ditto. no errors or problems for me yet. a vast improvement over older OSs.
    09-27-09 06:04 PM
    Works great for me as well. You might want to reinstall it again.
    Got mine on www.hookedontronyx.com.
    09-27-09 07:21 PM
    The os worked great for me but what I did not like about it was the fact that the signal was too flaky and no bbm 2 *aka 5*.. If it would have been like 4.6.0.297 or 301 for signal, I would have kept 5.0.0.190 on my bold!

Cheers,
    Charlie
    09-28-09 12:01 AM
    im using it with rogers and i can confirm that it worked beautifully.

i had to manually enter tcp/ip settings (but thats only me i think b/c of my regular smartphone data plan as opposed to a blackberry data plan)
    I usually enter the tcp/ip settings too along with all my activation codes for apps. I was just about to start installing 5.0, but it's storming out at moment, so think I'll wait..
    09-28-09 03:49 AM
    so far.. not going so good..

I have never had a prob upgrading my OS until now. Using the Apploader, was going well, and quick.. until it came to reloading applications.. then message cam eup that said was a problem, and applications could be reloaded using DM and LoaderBackup-(2009-09-28).ipd. On my phone however it just said Software Error: 507. So I tried connecting to DM, but it didn't see my device. Currently, after some searching and not finding anything out, I decided to just try to load it again the same way. It is taking longer then it did last time, so hoping thats a good thing.

Now loading up the app backup through DM.. will see throughout the day if everything is working
    Last edited by BoldMik; 09-28-09 at 05:53 AM.
    09-28-09 05:18 AM
    ok.. I got my phone up and running. Used DM to load my app backups, but even after a reboot none of my applications were onmy phone. I figured maube they didn't get saved right, so I went to the previous back-up from 12 days earlier, and it's the same. Does that mean all my apps just don't work for 5.0?
    09-28-09 06:22 AM
    Spent a good portion of the day so far reloading my previous apps back on. Good think most are from crackberry apps and App World, plus few links I still have in my email. So far it's mainly Quick Pull Pro that doesn't seem to work properly, but will keep working on it. I get an exception error or something (forget what it says exactly) after a reboot, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Even with few bugs so far I am liking the OS
    09-28-09 01:46 PM
    i have also been experiencing issues with SMS's. i tap in name for contact and select name, only it appears not to have selected but hit ok a few more times and when the message appears i have added the contact several times.
    next issue is with bolt browser causing random reboots when loading pages.
    some minor issues with certain themes that have folders for emails and messages together i cannot delete some random old texts - no issues with themes that have seperate folders for emails and sms/mms.
    also for me it is annoying that you get not only a missed call symbol when a call is missed it also shows a message in your email folder.
    09-28-09 03:51 PM
    Someone with .190 and a Bold try typing in a name you don't currently have an OPEN sms thread with, hit menu> Send SMS and see if it pulls up a normal text dialog box where you start typing. Mine doesn't. it goes to the SMS home screen and acts like nothing happened. The only way to text is go to SMS screen and menu> Compose new SMS.
    09-28-09 05:07 PM
    I have noticed some unstability, not with it rebooting thugh. Sometimes it will flicker through an app such as changing the sound/vibrate profile. Only way I have been able to stop it is with a reboot. If it's still unstable later I will try a clean wipe and install, after backing it up.
    09-29-09 03:16 AM
    The only problems I'm having are that the "notifier" (the large red asterisk) won't go away from the folder that my facebook app is in, even after I have checked the app/notitifications, and that the web browser won't work (in either configuration) unless I'm on WiFi. Web-based apps work (facebook, google search), just not the browser.

Other than than, I really like 5.0 - but the "visual Voice mail" icon was a tease - ATT can't/won't activate it on a non-Bold account.
    10-05-09 11:45 AM
    Loading an old 5.0 beta then posting all about how bad it is, instead of loading a newer, much better beta = FAIL.

10-05-09 11:48 AM
    Funny the red asterik doesnt stay on for me when i get a new text message. It FLASHES then dissapears. That and all my SMSs are BOLD so I have no clue I had a new text message SITTING there the entire day. SHAME ON RIM
    10-07-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD