has anyone found any good third party browsers for the tour yet, i tried searching threads but couldnt find any?
    09-25-09 05:01 AM
    You couldn't find threads on Opera or Bolt?

WOW!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 05:27 AM

WOW!

no he obviously didn't search.... but because I am nice I did the work for him...please next time use the search option my friend

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/be...r-tour-299955/
    09-25-09 05:28 AM
    Yeah I know that I was being sarcastic.

09-25-09 05:53 AM
    Ive almost given up on telling people about the saerch function. Afterall, this is the only message board/forum, to ever include one, since the exsistance of forums.
    09-25-09 08:15 AM
    Out of all the blackberries I've had the default browser on the Tour is the best. Such a huge change from the curve and the browser on the storm makes me want to scream lol... I'll eventually redownload Bolt but I haven't had a need to yet
    09-25-09 01:37 PM
    I prefer Opera 5 beta. Smooth as butta.
    09-25-09 04:01 PM
    Most people prefer Opera, but I like Bolt better.
    09-25-09 04:54 PM
    I'm using bolt as well, great browser, really don't care for opera but they can't please us all!
    09-26-09 01:38 AM
    I am a fan of opera
    09-26-09 01:42 AM
    I use a combo of both.. Depends on the site, and also what I feel like dealing with.. I'll be happy if skyfire comes out..

09-26-09 01:55 AM
    The problem with this question (and similar followup comments) is that browsers change. There is a new Opera Mini 5 out, but I haven't seen many messages about it here. Sometimes it's good that a thread on the same topic comes up. (Unlike the zillions of trackball threads.)

To the OP: I've tried the Blackberry browser - pretty good, Opera Mini 4 - so-so, and Bolt - easily the best of the three IMO. It does a good job of preserving page layout, and uses a font that is quite small, but still readable on a Tour. You can't zoom in with it like you can the Blackberry browser though. Try downloading Bolt. If you need to zoom in on something, use the Blackberry browser.

Happy downloading.
    Last edited by craigy2009; 09-26-09 at 08:36 AM.
    09-26-09 08:34 AM
    Dear Craigy,

As of the op's original post there are only 2 browsers available for the Tour besides the native one. BOLT AND OPERA. Would you like me to tell you all of the different version numbers for Each?
    09-26-09 09:00 AM
    Bolt is IMO the best browser available! Renders pages quick and jus like on a desktop...
    09-26-09 09:04 AM
    Ive almost given up on telling people about the saerch function.
    I doubt it.

09-26-09 09:04 AM
    I prefer Opera 5 beta. Smooth as butta.
    After hanging my Tour up 3 times requiring battery pulls to free it up I dumped Opera 5 beta like a hot potato.
    Maybe it was just me.
    09-27-09 05:43 PM
    After hanging my Tour up 3 times requiring battery pulls to free it up I dumped Opera 5 beta like a hot potato.
    Maybe it was just me.
    man that is too bad!
    i have been using opera 5 beta on my 8830 for a week or so. love it, really like how it hijacks main browser 'open in operamini'. not quite sure why there are not 2 open options... guess its beta. definitly quicker than bb browser. like the 2 (for) up and 8 (for) down navi.
    going to pick up my alltel tour 8 am monday.
    09-27-09 05:53 PM
    opera mini 5 beta. flawless, except it won't revert to the bb browser for downloads, which is rather annoying.
    09-27-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD