I have been using Lose It on my iPod Touch for a while and love it. However, I am now getting rid of my touch and so I need an app like it for the Storm.

Lose It!

Unless I am missing something there is nothing quite like it. Livestrong Calorie Counter is kind of similar. Can anyone make this or do they know of something very much like it?
    09-24-09 11:14 PM
    Can ANYONE make this?
    09-24-09 11:27 PM
    I use Calorie Counter by Fat Secret. It's free and seems to work good. I've never seen Lose It, so I can't compare the two.

Cablelayer - Thanks for your service!
    09-25-09 12:31 AM
    Just got this reply this morning

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Lose It! currently only supports the iPhone and iPod touch. We are constantly monitoring customer feedback to decide whether to support additional platforms, so we'll add this to the list of votes for a Blackberry version!

Best,

Charles

You can write to them at [email protected]

Please everyone get onto them, this app is so good
    09-25-09 02:07 PM
    I sent them an email. Hope it helps.
    09-25-09 02:50 PM
    i've heard really great things about this ap as well - hoping emails to them help.
    02-09-10 11:00 AM
    Sent a new email
    02-09-10 11:37 AM
    Got an email back:

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Lose It! currently only supports the iPhone and iPod touch. We are constantly monitoring customer feedback to decide whether to support additional platforms.

Best,

Charles

Follow Lose It! on Twitter
    @loseitapp
    02-09-10 11:44 AM
    Word for word as posted before.....seems funny.
    02-09-10 11:44 AM
    I could build the app, I do not have the food data - calories, etc. I have started something that tracks food already.

-frank

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-09-10 11:47 AM
    If you built this app, you could make some bank. ALOT of people want an app like this.
    02-09-10 12:40 PM
    Ok, the very simple app I have is at http://www.kaediil.com/DietTracker.jad

It track food name, calories, fat and fiber content as well as points based on a well known formula from a company that helps Watch your Weight, but with whom I have no relation. It also allows you to send the recorded data to yourself which you can then copy into a spreadsheet.

The paid version tallys the daily point total, allows you to enter a personal daily point allowance and shows you the points remaining for the day and finally allows you to enter a food to save for rapid selection later.

It costs a whopping .99 and can be ordered through paypal from my site http://www.kaediil.com. I have to generate the codes by hand so please be patient.

I will admit it has not been horribly well tested yet, especially the paid portion but there are several users who have used the free version and there have been no issues.

I will look into adding the exercise portion maybe and keeping a running total of the calories.

-frank

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-10-10 11:28 PM
    I noticed your posting on Crackberry regarding a app that tracks points when dieting. I am interested in such a product. Does it contain any of the following:

Weight tracker
    Exercise tracker
    Food lists – restaurant foods and store bought?
    If this app is useful I would be interested in paying for it but I am new to downloading there things. I tried to download the free version and it did not work. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    09-11-10 11:44 AM
    I've tried to download the calorie counter by fat secret from the blackberry appworld web site, but the URL it sends to my phone when I click on the Get it Today Free button just sends me back to the blackberry site (URL:appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1565). It doesn't down load any application to my blackberry. Do I need to have Blackberry app world downloaded to my phone in order to have the above link actually download the software to my phone?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a blackberry curve 8830.
    09-23-10 11:40 PM
    Yes, you need to download it via App World on your phone, not via the web browser of your PC. However, I would encourage you to use the Livestrong Calorie Counter. Its $2.50 but worth way more. I've used it religiously for six months as part of my weight loss plan and have lost 60 pounds. The great thing about it is you can also use their online resource and sync the two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 09-24-10 at 01:04 AM.
    09-24-10 12:30 AM
    I downloaded the file, but have a couple of questions:

1) my pc does not recognize the .jad extension
    2) where do I find my device PIN number (Storm)? Never heard of this before.

This sounds like an app I would definitely be interested in, but need some help here.

Thanks!
    Elexsis
    11-21-10 10:51 PM
    If you or anyone is looking for a good, new calorie and nutrition tracker app, please check out TrackNSlim on App World. It has a nice interface, the food database is internal, and it comes with most of the fast food restaurant menus as well as other restaurants. It keeps all historical information so you can chart and compare past information. The website is: www . tracknslim . com
    01-23-12 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD