All my sounds on my phone seem to have been boosted litrally by a factor of 10. My SMS alert sound like its going to blow out my phones speaker, videos are EXTREMELY loud even with only 1 bar on the volume meter. Has anyone else experienced this and have any idea on how to fix it?

The sound output is about as loud as the phone could go on .148 maxed out but with .230 that same volume output is the first sound level on the phone and I can make it even louder but it is no use since it will destroy my speaker.
    09-24-09 10:48 PM
    i just installed .230 and i had to put my profile on medium bc of that
    09-24-09 10:49 PM
    Same here, my profiles are set to medium. It's really loud and distorted.
    09-24-09 10:51 PM
    I have it on medium and its still way to loud and its impossible for me to watch videos atm without headphones plugged in
    09-24-09 10:54 PM
    Isn't it Great!!!
    09-24-09 10:55 PM
    you can customize your sound profiles and turn them down. I edited my normal profile and turned my ringer and message notifier down to 5, that's about what they used to sound like on normal. Then I did the same with my alarm but you have to do that through the clock options
    09-24-09 11:01 PM
    any way to fix videos? i recorded some videos at a concert the other night and i cant even watch them atm because they are so loud. they werent when i was using .148 =\
    09-24-09 11:04 PM
    Isn't it Great!!!
    No, it sucks donkey balls.
    09-24-09 11:10 PM
    just lower the volume guys.

i must say the speakerphone is great tho! lollll
    09-24-09 11:29 PM

Lol the speaker IS a beast .
    09-24-09 11:57 PM

The problem is like the OP was saying, the first step when using the media player is very loud. It's like you have off and then loud, louder, much louder, very loud, and the speaker can't handle it loud. If you want to be somewhat quiet and watch a video in bed or something you can't without headphones.

It should not be possible to turn the volume up past what the poor little speaker can handle anyway...there's no point in it.
    09-25-09 12:00 AM
    I use level 5 for everything that used tp be level 8 and 8 was freakin loud. Just set custom stuff and use 5 all across. In there you can also set it to vibe and ring simultaneously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 12:47 AM
    Level 5/6 is when some of the distortion goes away and it starts to sound right.
    09-25-09 12:48 AM
    I wonder what common files S1 and S2 have for their respective OS's? Reason i ask is the possibility of the OS when first being constructed was tested on a S2. From pics and vids of s2 the speaker setup is different obviously so i wonder if the speaker itself is different? Could be a reason for the distortion and such. I dont know but hopefully whatever the issue is RIM will get it right in future releases.
    09-25-09 01:00 AM
    This actually scared the holy **** out of me today when I woke up to my alarm. Needless to say, I was definitely awake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 01:22 AM
    I wonder what common files S1 and S2 have for their respective OS's? Reason i ask is the possibility of the OS when first being constructed was tested on a S2. From pics and vids of s2 the speaker setup is different obviously so i wonder if the speaker itself is different? Could be a reason for the distortion and such. I dont know but hopefully whatever the issue is RIM will get it right in future releases.
    the only thing different is the radio (.sfi) file - other than that, 5.0 for all devices is identical.
    09-25-09 01:41 AM
    it is very loud... i turned everything down....
    BUT... i can't turn down the volume for the speed dial sound...
    does anybody know how to turn that down?
    09-25-09 03:32 AM
    Heck yeah, very loud! I thought my speaker was going to blow up. Had to turn it half way down just so it didn't distort.
    09-25-09 04:46 AM
    I like it, i always thought the speaker was a little too low for playing music, conversations, or the alarm.
    09-25-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD