My Question Is, Does Verizon Wireless Give You A Discount Or Send You A Free Tour Or Something After 4 Replacement's On The Storm? I Have The Storm, And I'm On My 4th Storm Already, 2 Storms Just This Week. I Paid Full Retail Price For The Storm Back When It Came Out, Which Was $600. Does That Count Or Anything? Or Will They Keep On Replacing My Storm?

Any Help Would Be Appriciated, Thank You.
    09-24-09 07:12 PM
    you have to ask for it.... its called a multi fru
    09-24-09 07:14 PM
    you have to ask for it.... its called a multi fru
    Really? It Is Really Called A Multi Fru? Do I Get The Tour For Free Or How Would That Work?
    09-24-09 07:18 PM

This one is bullet proof.
    09-24-09 07:19 PM
    Be careful with any kind of alternate exchange. Generally it will count in the system like an upgrade and bump you out 20 months. Also, it can only be done once per warranty period.
    09-24-09 07:22 PM
    Verizon gave me a free Tour to replace my bug riddled Curve. After a master reset on the Curve didn't fix the problem, they sent me a free Tour 2 days later
    09-24-09 07:50 PM
    Multi-FRU stands for Multiple Field Replacement Units. Generally, their stated policy if you can actually get a representative to tell you accurate information is if you have a particular phone replaced 3 times within a 90 day period, you can request a Multi-FRU in a store.

I've been told Multi-FRU's can only be done in store. I'm not sure if that's 100% true or not but I've heard that multiple times.
    09-24-09 08:10 PM
    After 8 Storm replacements, Verizon sent me a brand new Tour, with there compliments.
    09-24-09 08:13 PM
    Multi-FRU stands for Multiple Field Replacement Units. Generally, their stated policy if you can actually get a representative to tell you accurate information is if you have a particular phone replaced 3 times within a 90 day period, you can request a Multi-FRU in a store.

I've been told Multi-FRU's can only be done in store. I'm not sure if that's 100% true or not but I've heard that multiple times.
    It can be done in store. My Wife was going on her 5th Storm and we went to our trusty rep who we deal with religiously and he ended up being able to give her a brand new Tour.
    09-24-09 09:06 PM
    I was on my third storm when it kept freezing on me so I went to a verizon store and asked if I could get a tour as an exchange. They did tell me that if you had many replacements then it is possible. But they said that I didn't qualify since I'm only on my third storm. It's best to go into a verizon store and ask.
    09-24-09 09:26 PM
    After 8 Storm replacements, Verizon sent me a brand new Tour, with there compliments.
    8?!?! wow.
    09-24-09 09:48 PM
    i don't see how you guys get this many replacements. it was hard enough just trying to get the guy at the store to give me my first replacement....EVER. they have to mail it to me cause the didn't have it in store.
    09-24-09 09:50 PM
    I know with older blackberries (8830,8130,8330) I had little trouble getting a FRU sent out for any issue I had, but I noticed with the Storm they did a lot more diagnosing before they would issue a FRU
    09-24-09 11:07 PM
    I know that the stores will offer you the switch after it has been replaced 5 times. Just save your broken storm till storm 2 comes out. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 11:24 PM
    I swear...some ppl really have phone problems and others exchange over every little thing just to get an entirely different phone.
    09-24-09 11:34 PM
    I received a brand new Tour after going through six Storm devices.
    09-25-09 01:34 AM
    So I'm Guessing Going To A Verizon Store And Talking To Them Would Be Best Than Other The Phone, Right? Does The MULT FRU Still Count If You Bought It Full Retail Price Tho? Does The 90 Day Warranty Thing Still Apply? I've Had A Storm Since Last Year December 08.
    09-25-09 11:14 AM
    Will doing this exchange count against your upgrade date? My one year upgrade is in December. Should I just wait?

09-25-09 04:14 PM

Nope I did it over the phone. I called customer service but I also had 6 storms replaced. I didn't ASK for a muti-fru they offered it to me. After seeing how frustrated I was!
    09-25-09 04:37 PM
    Will doing this exchange count against your upgrade date? My one year upgrade is in December. Should I just wait?

Yes it extends your upgrade date out 20 months.
    09-25-09 04:38 PM
    So I'm Guessing Going To A Verizon Store And Talking To Them Would Be Best Than Other The Phone, Right? Does The MULT FRU Still Count If You Bought It Full Retail Price Tho? Does The 90 Day Warranty Thing Still Apply? I've Had A Storm Since Last Year December 08.
    Can Someone Please Answer My Question About The 90 Day Warranty Still Applying To Buying The Phone At Full Retail Price Without Contract?
    09-25-09 06:10 PM
    Can Someone Please Answer My Question About The 90 Day Warranty Still Applying To Buying The Phone At Full Retail Price Without Contract?
    Help, Anyone?
    09-25-09 08:45 PM

it is true. A store manager must approve the Multi-FRU which is why it must be done in the store. Also the policy above is the exact rules for a Multi-FRU plus it extends the contract 20 months and you can only do one Multi-FRU every 20 months. IE. you cannot do another multi-fru for a storm 2 when it comes out if you do it for a tour now. You must wait till your contract expires and then you can pay to upgrade to any phone.
    09-25-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD