Hey guys, I have a whole bunch of tasks on my google calendar but when I try and sync it with my blackberry it doesnt import them. Is there any way I can get my tasks to sync with the calendar? It will sync meetings and such fine because thats under my email address but my tasks are under "tasks." Is there any way I can get these tasks onto my blackberry.

Basically I want my tasks to show up like all the facebook birthdays and such do, once I scroll over the day it makes a huge deal about it, I want it to do that with my google tasks. Is this possible?

Oh and just some general questions:
    How can I get my contacts from the BB to gmail contacts?

And whats the better method when I put the BB in my pocket, should I lock it or put it in standby? It seems like theyre similar.
    Last edited by A-5best; 09-24-09 at 02:05 PM.
    09-24-09 01:51 PM
    google sync will sync both your calendar AND your contacts... so your contacts should be syncing already.

as for your tasks... google sync only pulls in your default calendar by default and "tasks" is a separate calendar. You can get it, tho... just open google sync and hit the BB button
    choose "options"
    at the bottom is "sync these calendars" and it probably only has your name listed. if you click on your name, it'll bring up a list of all the calendars you have associated with your google calendar, including tasks, I think...
    you know what? I haven't tried this myself... I'm not bringing my tasks over to the bb calendar. I'll have to try it and make sure my own advice works
    I'd think it would work since tasks is just another calendar... but who knows.
    09-24-09 02:36 PM
    huh, doesn't seem to work...
    that sucks.
    hopefully google will address this shortcoming in the near future.
    09-24-09 02:49 PM
    think it's dependent upon how the tasks are stored in the google calender. I know that i can't sync the Sport team Calenders because there' no ical or xml versions available.
    09-24-09 02:57 PM
    I had an issue importing my calendar to google. All my scheduled items are just an hour or two but google imported them as All Day events. Anyone else experience this conversion problem? Not a big deal but I would like to have it backed up on there too. I use outlook also.
    09-24-09 02:59 PM
    huh, doesn't seem to work...
    that sucks.
    hopefully google will address this shortcoming in the near future.
    Yeah after trying a bunch of ways I started poking around a bit and it seems this is something still has to address. People have been begging for this for a long time and google hasnt done anything for it which is kinda odd.

Does outlook have a tasks feature? I might just use that. I just want to be able to go through my calendar on BB and see that I have to do this tomorrow and one thing is due in a week and so on. damn.
    09-24-09 04:26 PM
    reset your calendar then select all the needed ones in the sync options. It should fix it.
    09-24-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD