Ok, I was calling a toll free number that had 1800 (then the title of business as the 7 digits.). As I'm dialing I notice there are only two letters on each number. Like half the alphabet was missing. Reminded me of the multi tap option on keyboard (3 letters per button) and SureType keyboard (2 letters per button.) I asked others if they noticed something odd about the number pad on .230 and they reported none. So I go back into number pad and bam back to normal. If you come across this seemingly rare bug post it here.
    09-24-09 01:10 PM
    I got this too, but it was one letter per number. Found that really awkward.
    09-24-09 01:25 PM
    This bugs the **** out of me. Have you noticed that it doesn't always do it? Right now, when I go to the dialpad, it has the normal ABC pattern. An hour ago, it had the Suretype lettering for numbers. I still haven't figured out the cause of this.

EDIT: I guess you can't say H E double hockey sticks on here? It automatically edited it. Cool.
    09-24-09 01:35 PM
    Happened to me too. Quite frequently. If I can't figure it out I'll be rolling back to 4.7.x Too bad too as I really liked this OS so far minus that distraction.
    09-24-09 02:20 PM
    This happens sometimes to me on 4.7.0.167 so don't downgrade because of this I can tell you.
    09-24-09 02:29 PM
    You guys actually use the phone portion of your Storm? Weirdos.

Yes, it's annoying when the PHONE part of a PHONE is broken, but I guess it's a leaked hybrid so I'll take the bugs with a grain of salt.
    09-24-09 02:31 PM
    You guys actually use the phone portion of your Storm? Weirdos.

Yes, it's annoying when the PHONE part of a PHONE is broken, but I guess it's a leaked hybrid so I'll take the bugs with a grain of salt.
    Its not a major back set for me I just like to report bugs.
    09-24-09 03:45 PM
    When I go into edit any contact or even create a new contact number and try to type an 8 it comes out as an X.

I did figure out that I can go up to the "name" part of the contact screen and enter an 8 there, so what I have been doing is typing all phone numbers that have 8's up there and then just using the copy/cut function to move it down into the phone area.

Its annoying at best but nothing that is going to make me downgrade the OS.
    09-24-09 03:53 PM
    Right. The bugs are fun to point out so that one can notice the improvements from OS to OS.
    09-24-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD