Regular people call once and leave a voicemail. Or, call once, then send a text.

... will call eight times in a row and not leave a voicemail. Or text 8 times in a row, in a short period of time.

Is there a way to make it so if someone calls more than twice in a row, the phone ignores them? Or, at the very least, a way to make it so it won't vibrate, blink, and beep if someone calls or texts more than twice in a row?

I think this'd be awesome. For some reason against all better judgment some people(unfortunately me) find it impossible to avoid a ringing phone.
    09-24-09 03:50 AM
    There is a program that is called berryaddon ( I think its name has changed recently and I don't know the new name. You should find it easily ). It has a option called call firewall and you can add numbers etc to the blacklist and it will auto hang up for you.

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 03:56 AM
    Just checked and its called AddOnis now.

Check the 3rd party apps forum for a post on it.

09-24-09 03:58 AM
    or you could tell your friends to stop being jerks.
    09-24-09 04:05 AM
    Lol.

That would probably work.

09-24-09 04:12 AM
    There is and app called Buzz Off Pro. Its works great! I have had people who as soon as they get the voicemail, they would hang up and call again. AS IF THE 18th TIME WILL BE THE CHARMER and I will suddenly pick up!!!!! This same dude called so many times that my battery went dead. All for nothing! With Buzz Off Pro, you can set it so that your phone will not even ring and it will not even let this type of whack job leave a message. It will just hangup on them. It will force them to just send a text. You can play dumb as to why the "voicemail seems to be acting up"...lol!!!
    Last edited by Daayyummmboi; 09-24-09 at 04:53 AM.
    09-24-09 04:51 AM
    BuzzOff is on sale for $1 today thru Mobihand. They posted it on Twitter this morning. I have it, nice little app.
    09-24-09 05:14 AM
    actually its only a $1.00 off normal price but still worth it
    09-24-09 06:34 AM
    or you could tell your friends to stop being jerks.
    They're not friends. I use the phone for business and I also spent three years actively involved in the manhattan music industry as a tech and building a few studios, so there's all sorts of freaks who have my #

This app looks great. However, it only blocks specific numbers. I am looking for something that will block anyone, even people not specified in a list, who call me more than twice in a row. Can buzz off or call blocker be set to detect that stuff?
    09-24-09 01:54 PM
    I'd screen your friends better. Or at least be known you'll go medival on them for acting like a ............ (Pick a word that would have been auto censored)

09-24-09 02:33 PM
    For future reference:

I'd screen your friends better
    They're not friends.
    They're not friends.
    They're not friends.
    I'd like it to be preventative maintenance, not something where I have to add in the numbers as it happens. A lot of the people who do this are people I do not know since I do offer many services and advertise this as my number. But they need to know calling six times in a row isn't gonna get them anywhere.

Thanks!
    Last edited by l.a.rossmann; 09-24-09 at 02:56 PM.
    09-24-09 02:54 PM
    Looks like you may just have to get your number changed. Think of it this way, now you can give your number only to those you want. And you can put those crazy people on the block list just in case they get your new number. You're just cleaning house
    09-24-09 03:15 PM
    why dont you just answer your phone thats what its for
    09-24-09 03:20 PM
    Looks like you may just have to get your number changed. Think of it this way, now you can give your number only to those you want. And you can put those crazy people on the block list just in case they get your new number. You're just cleaning house
    x2.

10 char

09-24-09 03:21 PM
    x2.

10 char

Then I'll get new crazy people. That's the point! It's a publically advertised number for many services.

I understand if the means to do this doesn't exist. But is it really such an unreasonable idea, for something to exist that prevents one person from calling five times in a row?

I could not answer my phone, but it still makes the noise, and I have to take it out of my pocket in the middle of something five times in a row. Something that auto cuts them off would let them know even if I was not around to answer it, that that's not going to work.

Sometimes the reality of life is having to deal with certain crazy people, because they may know someone or have something that could benefit you. I wouldn't want to block them off completely, but it would be nice if the phone could auto-hang-up on them or block them if they tried to call more than twice in a row.

This phone is marketed to the business professional, so they are likely using it to communicate with people who they need to talk to, but who aren't friends. I just don't see it being an unreasonable request.
    Last edited by l.a.rossmann; 09-24-09 at 03:41 PM.
    09-24-09 03:38 PM
    Sorry, didn't read the post above my first post good enough, missed the business part. if you don't want the noise, does turning the profile to off send it straight to VM? And I think you can set exceptions for people you still need to get through.

09-24-09 03:48 PM
    Why not get two phones? Sounds like you are trying to mix work and personal, and the work line is not playing well with the personal one.

This is why I really want to see a dual SIM BB, with the ability to enable/disable either line as needed.
    09-24-09 05:19 PM
    why should I get two phones when this simple functionality could solve the problem on both the personal and work line?

It sounds like such a complicated solution by comparison.
    09-24-09 09:13 PM
    A couple things, you could get Buzzoff.. you could keep it on vibrate, you could tell your friend to knock it off.. you will get back to them when you can and leave it at that..
    09-24-09 09:22 PM
    Your situation is definately difficult. You are correct in that Buzz Off is number specific. Unfortunately there isn't a program that I am aware of that is that intuitive. But I'll keep checking.
    09-25-09 06:03 AM
    This is my take on the situation:

1. I understand what you are saying and what you want.

2. Doesn't seem like there is "an app for that" (sorry couldn't resist). Yet that is.

In order for devlopers to spend time and money developing sonmething, the research to see if there is a large enough market to make a profit off the idea or software.

4. While the idea sounds "simple", what happens the first or second time you miss a really important call (due to coverage issues perhaps) and the software "auto-hangs ups" or send the user to VM? Somebody is going to get upset.

5. The challenge is to actually develop software that is user customizeable and meet each users needs.

The question is how much is one willing to pay for this functionality and useability?

The dual sim option wouldn't work for us CDMA folks anyway. Plus, although I had an analog cellular phone with dual-nam's back in the day, providers want to lock us in we 2 devices each with a number.

Just my random thoughts!
    09-25-09 01:42 PM
    why should I get two phones when this simple functionality could solve the problem on both the personal and work line?

It sounds like such a complicated solution by comparison.
    As pointed out, this "simple" functionality would be more problematic than anything. Your situation is relatively unique I think which is why I suggest a business line vs. a personal line. Lots of people do that and it helps keep thing separate.
    09-25-09 01:47 PM
    As pointed out, this "simple" functionality would be more problematic than anything. Your situation is relatively unique I think which is why I suggest a business line vs. a personal line. Lots of people do that and it helps keep thing separate.
    In business this seems to have been a thing totally specific to people who work in music. I know many people who'd put down $20 for something with this functionality.

The coverage issue would only matter if you're using a provider that fails at getting proper cell reception into centrally located manhattan areas(AT&T).
    09-25-09 02:17 PM
    How about makin your voicemail say something liken "hey this is ...., sorry I can't get to the phone at the moment but please do not call back until I have a chance to return your call first"...I mean who knows, they might get the idea that you're tired of 50 calls in 30 minutes

09-25-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD